Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Elemental, fine? What? We have a useless 31p talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Rankiz View Post
    Yeah its not great, but we are at least doing just fine DPS wise against everyone else. It would be nice to have something "cool, and special" as a 31 point talent, like perm air elemental pet or something along those lines.

Id say that resto is the sheit that is fucked atm. well atleast ES, for me it heals less nowthan it did in WOTLK, that said im just using it for offspecc atm to get faster queues

Deleted
    We are in decent shape atm. Atleast as far as i've been able to observe doing lots of heroics and the new pvp raid boss.
    I have almost full HC gear but my stats are pretty gimp as i have enough spirit to keep me hit capped on raidbosses which makes me lose like 12% of another valuable stat i could use for dps in heroic stuff instead.

Our major damage cooldown is definately fire elemental which can push over 3500 dps over two minutes which is really awesome. Using my elemental i can stay on top of the meter with the warlocks. Without it i fall behind a little bit.

Spiritwalkers grace is also hot tuff if you know when to best use it on bosses.

Unlesh elements is a big dissapointment as its actually a dps loss. I've tested it confirmed that it does indeed buff your whole flameshock dot which maybe makes it worth using but i havent done any math on it. I have a hard time beleiving it will outdamage another lightening bolt with chance of overload.

Deleted
    Good to know what im doing wrong. Not that my dps is bad but I knew there some things I was failing on.
    Ive been playing Ele Shaman for about 5 months now and its really awesome. However because im really lazy I never cheched out any guides on how to optimise my DPS. However the talents and glyphs I choose are they same as most guides I checked.
    I never and I mean never used Searing Totem ever since i rolled shaman. I also refuse to use the Thunderstorm glyph just because the knockback is way to awesome imo. I just cant be bothered with dedicating my off spec to another Elemental build just for it.
    I cant wait to get home and try out the new stuff ive learned from reading the forum and hopefully seeing my DPS increase quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    We are in decent shape atm. Atleast as far as i've been able to observe doing lots of heroics and the new pvp raid boss.
    I have almost full HC gear but my stats are pretty gimp as i have enough spirit to keep me hit capped on raidbosses which makes me lose like 12% of another valuable stat i could use for dps in heroic stuff instead.

Our major damage cooldown is definately fire elemental which can push over 3500 dps over two minutes which is really awesome. Using my elemental i can stay on top of the meter with the warlocks. Without it i fall behind a little bit.

Spiritwalkers grace is also hot tuff if you know when to best use it on bosses.

Unlesh elements is a big dissapointment as its actually a dps loss. I've tested it confirmed that it does indeed buff your whole flameshock dot which maybe makes it worth using but i havent done any math on it. I have a hard time beleiving it will outdamage another lightening bolt with chance of overload.
    ye man, because this is just one week into the expantion, one need to do some "cooking" by that i mean adding abit more of this or less of that to try and optimze dps/healing/tanking etc to the best

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rankiz View Post
    Earthquake does decent AoE damage, and your only AoE option without it is magma totem. If you're really concerned about competing on AoE damage, you should be combining Earthquake with MT and Fire Nova.

It's far from useless. It's a bit underwhelming for an end-of-tree talent, but that's about all you can say. If they swapped its position and Fulmination's in the tree, it would probably be less offputting, with absolutely zero change to our gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by broods
    UE, for Elemental, isn't about making your standing rotation more complicated. It's a tool for mitigating DPS lost from movement. It gives you a second instant cast you can use while running. It's more like Arcane Barrage is for arcane mages (was? I haven't played my mage since 3.3, when AB was an instant cast you only ever used when moving).

if you arent doing raids yet remember the hit cat is not 17% you should go for it later ofcouse but all that extra spirit you have reforge in to haste or mastery and it should boost you quit a bit.

i personaly think we are in a great place i havent been out dpsed yet , not trolling or nothing just sticking up for my fav class at 85 i can hold 13 to 14 k on the new cata bosses and that is plenty till i get raid gear , i can still push out heals from ele spec to help heals or to save group from wipe if healer goes down . all in all i am very happy where my shammy is now i feel like we got a little respect we deserve . alos our 81 spell UE is amazing 20% buff to next fire spell if your using flametonuge FS, UE , then LVB its amazing in pvp situations that little rotation is 1 shoting anything !!

Quote Originally Posted by brad6114 View Post
    i personaly think we are in a great place i havent been out dpsed yet , not trolling or nothing just sticking up for my fav class at 85 i can hold 13 to 14 k on the new cata bosses and that is plenty till i get raid gear , i can still push out heals from ele spec to help heals or to save group from wipe if healer goes down . all in all i am very happy where my shammy is now i feel like we got a little respect we deserve . alos our 81 spell UE is amazing 20% buff to next fire spell if your using flametonuge FS, UE , then LVB its amazing in pvp situations that little rotation is 1 shoting anything !!
    where can I get some of your LvB crack that hits for over 100k damage in pvp