Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never found the health potion add-on for my gloves, and I've maxed out. I have to wonder if this is a bug or not. I'll just have to keep making items with my engineering and hope I find it; the spinal healing injector is the last tinker I need.
    Last edited by Zaydin; 2010-12-19 at 10:14 PM.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Deleted
    Seems everyone is missing 1 tinker.

I spoke with an GM yesterday for a few minutes.. and he confirmed that they know this Problem and they have to fix it via Patch.. He said he hopes that they can fix this very fast (because he also skill INGI atm ^^)..

So i think we just have to wait.. as we did it with the cogwheel socket..

Thank god someone finally talked to a gm that knew about the problem.

Deleted
    Nice, i talked to a GM saying the exact opposite..."There is no problem, working as intended", my ass

Bump made my helm and no synapse springs as of this morning

Deleted
    img707.imageshack.us/img707/9572/tinker.png
    yes right...
    I noticed in my guild all have learned max 15 tinkers, i have learned 15 tinkers too and no Synapse Springs...

Fail GM..

It is a bug.. and my GM told me that.. i will check it in a few days again..

greetz

Deleted
    Sweet, a hotfix deployed yesterday yet no engineering fix. Sigh.

Ive got it...

u got it while ur engineering was 525?

Quote Originally Posted by XxOmaruxX View Post
    u got it while ur engineering was 525?
    Not sure, i think i got it before, im a warrior so i dont care about it anyways :P

I too had problems getting my last Belt enchant but i was looking for the Tazik Shocker. I ticketed a GM about it but he just told me to "keep trying" and "it's not buged"... Can post screenshot of the conversation later if you guys want it.

That was the most clueless GM i have ever talked to tho.

AFAIK from personal experience, Engineering is not bugged. I have discovered every tinker but one while leveling engineering, many of them were while crafting Obsidium Bolts and Electrified Ether. The last tinker (can't recall which but I think the Mana Injector) was discovered at 525 when I crafted my epic Engi goggles.

I know that some GMs might seem less then knowledgeable, but maybe they're right on this one. I don't know, I haven't had to ask anyone.

Deleted
    You are 100% sure that AFTER you hit skill 525 you discovered your last tinker and now you have 16 tinkers in total ?

Deleted
    I don't think the bug lies with not being able to learn stuff at 525, rather that the tinker category doesn't hold more then 15 items (2^4 comes to mind). This would mean people can learn all the cata tinkers if they didn't learn all the wotlk tinkers. I still haven't been able to find proof of this though, since most people learned all their tinkers from the trainers in wotlk and therefore everyone is missing 1 tinker from cata, a random one.
    This is just speculation though, so don't bother asking for a source :P

Quote Originally Posted by gogusrl View Post
    You are 100% sure that AFTER you hit skill 525 you discovered your last tinker and now you have 16 tinkers in total ?
    My apologies for sounding so certain because I can't confirm right now as I'm currently at work. Even after the snow storm that Minnesota got last week and last night. All I wanted was a snow day I'll check when I get home, sorry I can't do it sooner. Guess I have to redownload the Wowhead Client if I want to see such things during the day. I am however certain that I learned a tinker when crafting the epic goggles, and that requires 525.

I know it sucks to do when the payout is uncertain, but is it really so horrible to keep crafting things like Obsidium Bolts and Ether to try for the proc? If you're at or near max Engi now, I'd assume you have the resources to keep crafting. This game is built on RNG... it's our job to just keep trying.

Don't waste your time or mats trying to learn the tinker after hitting 525. It simply won't happen until Blizzard fixes this issues. All engineers, many of whom have spent tens of thousands of gold making items after hitting 525, have all proven unable to discover the final tinker. You won't be any different.

Wish I had a screenshot to prove otherwise but I guess I'll defer to the GoldFishofDoom's infinite wisdom of game mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dharmabhum View Post
    Wish I had a screenshot to prove otherwise but I guess I'll defer to the GoldFishofDoom's infinite wisdom of game mechanics.
    It makes things easier when people just give in to my innate superiority. Welcome to the fold.