Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelol View Post
    LW can buy Pristine Hide, NOT chaos orbs from the vendor.
    That made more sense then ;P I guess I am not paying attention enough, luckily I got 4 Orbs already.

wow i have been grossly underestimating their value, thanks for the assistance guys <3

They are going to make them BoE eventually. Everyone is going to, and im sure alot already are, really complain the blizzard about having to pay a crafters ransom to get anything. If the crafters on your server really want to black ball you they can agree to not craft anything for less than like 20k or more if they see fit. The only way you will get a decent deal on a crafted item with an orb is to craft it yourself or have a close friend craft it who doesnt need the gold, or some random guy who doesnt know the value of the orb. I was relativley pissed when I saw that they are bop, I have many of toons that are crafters, and their only purpose is to craft, I dont want to have to run heroics to craft shit for people.

It will change, and they will become boe, mark my words.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

People are offering mats + tip + 1k per Orb on my server for the new patterns, and by offering I mean spamming trade for hours since no one is selling at that price. I doubt we'll see a price drop until people have decked out their guildees in gear since outside of them you'll have a hard time completing the new heroics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrowwind View Post
    They'll be going for quite a bit since all the casuals can't actually complete an heroic.
    I'm casual, I've pugged all the heroics on my restodruid no problem.

It seems that only hardcore players are saying the instances are hard and casuals wont manage them, because all the casuals I know are finding them pretty easy. Maybe the hardcore players are wiping and are needing to knock casuals so they dont feel too inadequate.

Probably alot, people try to milk every gold coin they can out of an expansion.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can buy a crafter's Chaos Orbs for about 4-5k a piece right now.

It's ridiculous that we have to effectively pay a crafter to run heroics so we can get starter crafted epics.

I hope blizz fixes this, and soon!

Its not ridiculous your paying for the proffesion level as well people have to work to max there skills and tbh you "might" get 1 choas orb per final boss in a heroic i mean we can't just give them for free they have to be worth atleast 500g each tbh for the work to get the orbs otherwise the orbs might as well not even be part of the mats and might as well be removed from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Leatherworkers can buy Chaos Orbs for 10 Heavy Savage Leather, so can't really go above what they cost. Basicly just normal crafting fee
    Really? And he I am spending all my Heavy Savage Leather on Pristine hide... :P

10+ Year Old Account
    The line between insanity and brilliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by nwo View Post
    They are not that hard to obtain and they are somewhat farmable, but even frozen orbs were going for something around 100g when wotlk first came out. 250g is not that much at all, a stack of that new cloth goes for almost that much on my server.
    Youe server was cheap then. 400-500g a pop for about a month into wotlk

When I got my chest crafted, I paid 2,7k for the 3 orbs that were used, so 900g each. When I got the belt crafted a week later, I managed to only pay 1,5k for 2 orbs used.
    Not sure what they're worth on my server right now, but I'd guess somewhere between 500g-1k(depending on the greed-level of the crafter)

EU-Vek'nilash Horde side btw, if anybody has any corrections(not that I think anybody from my server reads this page, tbh)

Deleted
    Prices vary because the groups in which said orbs was attained vary. IF i had to endure a fullfail group to get that orb, you'll pay more for my orb.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasume View Post
    It's ridiculous that we have to effectively pay a crafter to run heroics so we can get starter crafted epics.

I hope blizz fixes this, and soon!
    Yes they should make it so the crafter can not make that item for you at all. So you have to run your own heroic, get the recipe, get the skill, get the orb, then craft it yourself. That would be fairer and a better reflection of your skill and devotion to gearing up dont you think?

15+ Year Old Account
    1000g pr orb on Ragnaros EU.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've paid as low as 150g per orb and as high as 400 per orb

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Supply and demand and stupidity. Most people on my server depending on how many they have sell accordingly. except the one or two idiots who still insist on 5k each for his 3 orbs. while everyone else sells theirs for like 750-1000. and i love how people are still saying bop. omg, do these people live in caves or just trolls. cave trolls?

This is so sad, i ran a monstrous amount of heroics during the few weeks after i hit 85 before they made the Chaos Orbs only obtainable by those with actual professions to use them. Hence before i usually just needed on them and stacked them up. Now i don't have any crafting profession, so i have no use for them currently. But in fact, i have 23 Chaos Orbs in my bank just lying there, it's almost as if i want to re-do one of my professions for a crafting one, even tho i'm quite satisfied with my current ones.
    <Novum Genus> - Tarren Mill Horde

I'm shocked to see some people being charged 5k. I've only paid for one myself, but was charged 500g, and thought that a reasonable price. The crafted gear that reaches the AH is mostly under 10k at this stage, even the 3-orb stuff. For the plate gear, I know that the price of the Truegold for an epic is a lot more than the price of the orbs.

I'm lucky in that when gearing up my paladin almost all the orbs I needed I farmed for in a guild group containing our top Blacksmith, but I can't fathom anyone paying more than 750g or so for an orb, that just seems crazy.

i like what they did with these orbs. blizz wants to build stronger guilds and promote teamwork. if you arent a crafter that uses these or have dont have alts, this will force you to either spend a ton of money to get stuff from someone else or work within your guild.

the price will vary depending on the server. mine is pretty weak and people are just starting to knock out raid bosses. prices are still high as only a small number can easily run through heroics to farm these things.

i like what they did here and it gives crafters a chance to make some money back - trying to recoup leveling costs via tips is painfully slow.