Warlock Affliction PVP stats

I currently know the stat priorities as an affliction warlock in pve. But I'm new to pvping as a warlock. Could someone tell me the priorities as an affliction warlock at 85 arena?

Back in WOTLK it was Haste>errthing but What is it now?

Deleted
    Int > haste > mastery > crit
    I think

Back in WotLK haste was king above all else. I think it's still the best in cata. My 2s and 3s lock friend has been looking around and says that haste is the way to go as well.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    For aff pvp, you may want to consider the value of mastery over haste. (I'm not saying its better because I have not tried it myself... but I imagine it could be very powerful)

Edit: I've not pvped for a while so... how many sbolts do you really manage to get off? I imagine at least 75% of your damage will be via dots... which will be buffed better through mastery
    Last edited by Lillah; 2010-12-13 at 07:23 AM.

Thanks Sokogeka<3

Quote Originally Posted by Lillah View Post
    For aff pvp, you may want to consider the value of mastery over haste. (I'm not saying its better because I have not tried it myself... but I imagine it could be very powerful)

Edit: I've not pvped for a while so... how many sbolts do you really manage to get off? I imagine at least 75% of your damage will be via dots... which will be buffed better through mastery
    Haste is much better then Mastery. Whole thread about this on Arenajunkies explaining why. http://www.arenajunkies.com/showthread.php?t=219785

I can't believe I have to say this but you shouldn't be casting Shadowbolts in pvp.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...d&cn=Brickslol
    Hopefully Glad Season 9!!! RLS WOO!!!

p.s. 2s and 5s take little to no skill, just good pve gear

Quote Originally Posted by Lillah View Post

LOL did you just say shadow bolts? Is that spell in the warlock spellbook? Oh yeah, right next to seed of corruption and all the other non-pvp spells. Haste is better for many reasons, the main being that you can dot up everything with reduced cast time on UA and reduced globals.

15+ Year Old Account
    The way affliction warlocks work is pretty simple really.
    You dot, drain life, and run demon armor which increases siphon life and drain life abilities.
    Now as far as Secondary Stats go.
    I would most likely say, Mastery then Haste, not necessary for critical strike or anything else.
    The only reason I say Mastery over haste, is because mastery is so powerful for affliction
    Potent Afflictions: Increases all periodic shadow damage you deal by 13.04%. Each Point of Mastery increases periodic shadow damage by an additonal 1.63%
    So by theory, you would hope to achieve at least 25-50% mastery. Whether you like it or not, Drain Life is currently classified as a Periodic Shadow Damage spell. If you achieved high mastery, when you started to run a little low on health in an arena or battleground you could just as easily soulburn a drain life and then death coil, during the coil time you could drain life some more and be most likely back to 100% before the coil broke.

Made by Ariyana!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not an idiot scrub, that's why I said I assumed something like 75% of your damage would be via dots since I never imagined spamming sbolts to be viable.(the rest from haunt or nightfall procs)

Thank you for the forum link, Bricks.. but after reading it, I dont find it conclusive AT ALL.

As Tomato said, Mastery buffs your dots more than haste does. So I wouldn't be too quick to rule out mastery over haste.

And please; actually read my post. I never ever ever said anything about standing still and spamming sbolts in pvp.

Thanks Sokogeka<3

Deleted
    well mastery and haste are close related. mastery is a direct dmg buff but its not wotlk where burst dmg was the way to go. haste make you tick faster. don't washed castin UA because after first cast use felflame to keep it up. so its kinda a tie between them speed of ticks and procs agianst more dmg. i personnaly believe haste is beter because of faster drains and more procs ( alot of procs happen when corruption does dmg). but i believe everyone should build there char the way the want and not copy something of a good player and follow the way everyone does.

15+ Year Old Account
    Affe is useless for pvp at 85, UA crit 2500 and targets with more than 100k hp... no ammount of haste/mastery will make you survive the BLZ petmelee class warriors with 3-4 gapclosers, interrupts and out of stance pummel.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2010-12-13 at 03:00 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brickslol View Post
    I can't believe I have to say this but you shouldn't be casting Shadowbolts in pvp.
    indeed Searing Pain for the winnnn :P

---------- Post added 2010-12-13 at 03:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Affe is useless for pvp at 85, UA crit 2500 and targets with more than 100k hp... no ammount of haste/mastery will make you survive the BLZ petmelee class warriors with 3-4 gapclosers, interrupts and out of stance pummel.
    you must be bad..people in full crafted pvp sets im still critting nearly 5k on UA, and ive only just dinged. Affil is best spec for pvp still anybody who uses anything else is a moron imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    No doubt. Your about to see hpally, dk, warrior comps rule arena, mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamygandof View Post
    No doubt. Your about to see hpally, dk, warrior comps rule arena, mark my words.
    aka TSG yea?