Balance druid rotations

what rotation should i use as a balance druid 80-85?

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling? Wrath, Wrath, Wrath, Wrath.... Etc.

Also Roots where needed.

if your questing dot and spam wrath on mobs using Starsurge when its up. Dungeons use the normal eclipse rotation: Apply DoT's, wrath/starfire to lunar/solar eclipse. And then spam your eclipsed spell, using SS and Starfall(if its safe) on CD.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Always use starsurge when its off CD. At 85 my dps went up about 1k just by using this every single time I could cast it, proc or not.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

15+ Year Old Account
    For moonkin leveling, I did use eclipse. There's lots of mastery on gear now, might as well make use of it while leveling. So wrathspam + moon/sunfire a few mobs until eclipse, then starfire spam+moonfire a few others, rinse, repeat. Starsurge on CD and whenever it procs of course, it hits like a truck.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

15+ Year Old Account
    dot up and go with Eclipse, even on Lunar.. try to use Eclipsed Starsurge every cd, and don't use it when not Eclipsed ONLY because it procced instant ; ) such method it's not slow, and mana is currently not a problem with Euphoria 2/2, even with other leveling ideas... UNLESS you don't dot 5-6 mobs at once and burn 'em down with Hurricane, which is actually pretty possible, but, srsly, not that effective (tested it myself!) :P
    Last edited by Spray; 2010-12-12 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoonturki View Post
    if your questing dot and spam wrath on mobs using Starsurge when its up. Dungeons use the normal eclipse rotation: Apply DoT's, wrath/starfire to lunar/solar eclipse. And then spam your eclipsed spell, using SS and Starfall(if its safe) on CD.
    glyph of focus is a cataclysm boomkin's BEST FRIEND!

80-85 I found to be less wrath spamy. I actually had to use full eclipse rotations or else I'd go OOM pretty fast. Plus, it kept things interesting rather than spamming 1 button.

Lvling without procing eclipses must be so retarded...

Sit in solar eclipse, and dot multiple mobs
    Apply Insect Swarm and Sunfire to each mob
    Spam Sunfire until all mobs are dead.
    ???

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanarhi View Post
    Sit in solar eclipse, and dot multiple mobs
    Apply Insect Swarm and Sunfire to each mob
    Spam Sunfire until all mobs are dead.
    ???
    That works just fine in the first couple of levels, but at 83+, you will find yourself going out of mana before long. Then, reverting to a standard rotation is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth View Post
    That works just fine in the first couple of levels, but at 83+, you will find yourself going out of mana before long. Then, reverting to a standard rotation is the way to go.
    How the hell do you go oom with a spell that costs something like 30 mana when properly talented for leveling?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanarhi View Post
    How the hell do you go oom with a spell that costs something like 30 mana when properly talented for leveling?
    LOL. Check again. At 85 wrath costs something like 2k3 mana. The moment you hit level 81 mana costs get HUGE.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    LOL. Check again. At 85 wrath costs something like 2k3 mana. The moment you hit level 81 mana costs get HUGE.
    He was talking about sunfire not wrath. If your talented into it and your moving at 3 stacks of the buff, it costs hardly anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoonturki View Post
    He was talking about sunfire not wrath. If your talented into it and your moving at 3 stacks of the buff, it costs hardly anything.
    Thank you. I'm not quite sure how anyone got wrath out of any of that though.

Lunar Shower stacks up to 90% mana cost reduction. Moonglow gives 9%. These talents stack additively to a 99% reduction to moonfire's mana cost.

I'll admit that in the later levels, particularly twilight highlands, quest mobs and some others have quite a bit more health and nuke rotations are definitely viable as well. Also you cannot pull as many mobs as in the earlier zones because of the damage they now deal.