Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Casual player = someone who doesn't play much but is teachable. If you stand in the black zone of death and burnyness the very first time you run a specific dungeon, its acceptable (you should avoid still but every makes mistakes). A casual will learn from this experience and not do that again. A bad player will not learn from this experience and will stand in it the next time.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noetical View Post
    Honestly, I think the problem here is the self labelled "casual".

What makes you a casual? You dont farm 6 hours a day, complete heroic raid content, are part of a raiding guild. Really though, this comes down to why you are playing. If you are "casual" and running heroics then you're massively ahead of the curve for what I would deem "casual" players. This does lead me to believe you are probably just a regular player who doesn't know to not stand in big circular things of death, or are a healer who has switched to dps due to mana issues, or are normally a dps taking up tanking for faster ques.

Stop hiding behind the pretence that you are too "casual" to make it in the World of Warcraft because nobody cares, the dungeons have a gated iLvL, if you have the gear you should be able to pull reasonable dps, CC and not die; if you think that because you don't pump hours into the game (although you clearly do if you are already running heroics) you can get away with just playing bad, then you will lose as you would if you played any other game bad; which is in this case being dropped from the group for being a bad player.

On a side note you're making real casuals look bad, those people who are taking their time levelling up, enjoying the new scenary, finding new pets, levelling proffs instead of grinding, these are casuals, casuals shouldn't be at the stage of running heroics at this point or they simply aren't "casual".
    I put in 5-6 hours a day from release (Basically Wednesday for me) to Saturday before I hit 85. Doing it faster than me means you're most definitely not *casual*. Doing it 2 days after release doesn't make you casual. That means you put in *at least* 4.5 hours a day (otherwise you're the fastest leveller in the world which I find hard to believe).

Casual is a few hours a week. Maximum about 2 hours a day. 4.5 hours a week night is about equal to a full time job (22.5 hours + weekends which would take you up to the 35-40 range).

10+ Year Old Account
    For the love of whic ever deity you believe in! Stop making that stupid connection (casuals=bad players).

Fthe millionth time casuals = players who spend less time .

10+ Year Old Account
    you could always stop playing this game as just a Casual. When i started playing in BC i was a casual at first then i got the Urge to do raids and from then on i became addicted (so to speak) and i have enjoyed the game ALOT more then wen i was a casual

so IMO less QQ more PEW PEW

Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    Im a casual player. I raid. I do heroics. Dungeon runs and pugs.
    No, you clearly are not a casual player.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodah View Post
    Casual player = someone who doesn't play much but is teachable.
    Exactly, so if you don't play much.

You don't have too much gold.

Too much gear.

Why else do people rush to 85 to farm for gear? [Because it ain't casual] By the time you get decent gear and being harrashed because GearScore doesn't like you time over and time over.

Then nobody wanna do those dungeons you wanna do anymore, they do other heroics and raids that you can't do yet because you need to get into the other dungeons you used so much time over so long time to get good enough gear to be apart of.

10+ Year Old Account
    where ever you are when you've just had a long fight against another player, to screw up your day
    i people seem to have the wrong idea of what casual is, casual doesnt mean unskilled, just means you dont spend as much time on the game.. i consider myself a casual player, i just get things done fast... some one got to 85 with 5 hours of game play... is that more or less casual then spending a whole day playing wow? with the new dungeons the only tactics i was told for most of the bosses was "avoid the fire (things that look like they hurt)" and thats all the pugs i was in needed.. and we got the thing done, the tactics are so easy if people pay attention its nothing to do with being casual or not, its how quickly you can grasp the situation, its not hardcore.. its dont stand in things that hurt you, cataclysm has been the most casual so far.. only it requires more SKILL,everything gets done so fast.. i been 85 since Friday and alrdy well into heroics.. less then a week into an expansion and i can do HEROICS??? the hardest part about most of the instances is the adds which are managed easyly with CC. (btw having a priest 2 MC amob while rest kill = godsend) sorry about the rant but its true..
    Casual does not mean unskilled

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just a casual player and I love these changes makes the game so much more fun

If you want to have fun you need to diserve it.
    {broken sig link}

All of you that have a level 85 now, stop calling yourself casual. A casual player havn't hit 85 just about 1 week after cataclysm was out.

Read ----------> Casual less time ----> Hardcore more time ----> How to gear? You need ALOT more time, you don't just win gear everytime as a caster.
    So casual friendly, I do not think so. People will stop playin'

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh, the changes are good. It improves player skill, while not necessarily leaving people out in the cold. The people who do leave WoW due to cata being "OMFG HARDZ" shouldn't really be playing WoW in the first place. Like everyone said, Casual guilds are a nice way to play and still enjoy the game if your not a hardcore player.

Quote Originally Posted by comasutra View Post
    I dont think its the end of casuals. It may be tougher for casuals. I dont think you or anyone should be kicked from these dungeons considering how new they are. Everyone has to learn them, not everyone had beta. Im a pretty regular somewhat hardcore player and I didnt care about beta. Its not cool to kick for someone trying to learn the content. If people are expecting to blow through this stuff with no deaths and rediculous dps all the time need a reality check. Maybe they're the noobs who were so use to Wraths cakewalk of a system. idk... maybe its just me? It would be interesting to find out how these groups do after you leave. Do you ever wonder that? I'd like to think if I were ever kicked that the group would completely wipe on the next pull and everyone quits.
    Couldn't have put it better myself.

Honestly, these dungeons are bran-spankin' new, a lot of the mechanics are pretty simple, but if you haven't seen them before, it's still news, and it takes a run or two to get it down, depending on your job. I still screw up a bit tanking Karsh Steelbender, because the size of the flame pillar and his own hitbox can be misleading, but I'm getting accustomed to paying attention more to the AoE effect and less on his positioning, which is counter-intuitive, but necessary.

There are lots of examples of similar situations where something just isn't what you expect, and there are rough spots to polish up. New players are still joining the game every day, and if you EVER kick a player because it's their first time doing a given fight or dungeon, YOU are the bad player, period. Now, if they repeatedly can't get the idea, or are undergeared or some other such problem, that's a separate issue entirely. As it is a community game, PuG players should always be prepared to teach new players how to do certain fights, if you don't like that, don't sign up to be dungeon master, or only run with your guild.

Heroics are not hard if you aren't retarded.

There are basiclaly two things you have to do in the new heroics.

1. Avoid stuff. Most of it is REALLY obvious and I always facepalm IRL when people fail on the last boss of Vortex Pinnacle because that's like the most obvious one of them all.

2. CC! I especially direct this to tank who just think they can charge in and it will be fine! Before you pull, set out marks and CC everything before the tank blindly runs in and dies.'

Do these two things and you can complete all heroics.
    Now the hard part is having 5 people doing these two things successfully.

Being passable in this game isn't very difficult.

1. Don't stand in fire. If you can manage not to stand in fire, you're ahead of the game.
    2. Pay attention to they guy in a dress. When a bad guy in a dress has colorful swirls on his hand, interrupt him.
    3. Pay attention to the threat meter. If your name is getting close to the tank use an threat dump or just stop hitting buttons for a few seconds.
    4. Don't stand in fire. Seriously, you don't stand in fire in real life. Don't do it in WoW.
    5. If you are assigned to CC, set that target as your focus and pay attention to him. If it gets broken, reapply it. If you can't reapply then you have done all you can.
    6. Take about 30 minutes and research your class/spec. Find out how to spec, what spells to use, what stats are the best, what to gem and what to reforge. I know it isn't fun but others having to pick up your slack isn't fun either.

If you can do most of this, you should be fine in heroics (assuming you are DPS). WoW is just like everything else, you get out of it what you put into it.

It's all moot. Next raid is added, Tier 11 can be bought by doing Heroics, casuals get free raid gear. The game returns to the way it was in WoTLK. Enjoy it while you can if you think this is how the game will be for the rest of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    where ever you are when you've just had a long fight against another player, to screw up your day
    Quote Originally Posted by Kvitulven View Post
    All of you that have a level 85 now, stop calling yourself casual. A casual player havn't hit 85 just about 1 week after cataclysm was out.

Read ----------> Casual less time ----> Hardcore more time ----> How to gear? You need ALOT more time, you don't just win gear everytime as a caster.
    So casual friendly, I do not think so. People will stop playin'
    takes about 2 hours per level, 5 days, 1 level per day, 2 hours play time per day, 10 hours total played (and people have managed it in 5 hours)
    people have lvl 85 this easyly because of how easy blizz made it to level... this didnt happen to casual players in WTLK/BC it took me almost a month to level in those expansions.. i was shocked i had like 2 bars of XP just from the introduction quests that take you to hyjal

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care, you know why? I am a casual player who does nothing else but lying, farming gold, maybe dungeons and heroics, when i can and want to, i raid, i pvp, name it,

you know what, if being a casual means "QQ" this game is 2 hard, then you don't know how to play real games

Easy mode : Made for children who can't do anything

Normal : Made for teens and children who don't want easy

Hard : Made for people like me, Me and my friend went through 20 games within a week all on hard -> SUPER hard ....

Wow is suppose to be fun, not a whining compatiton about "This game is 2 hard"

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

Well Kvitulven, others have said this, but it needs to be re-stated:

What makes the game fun, isn't what Blizzard does. What makes the game fun, is what you do with it.

There are so many different ways to play WoW, that if you don't like one way, there are half a dozen others. I know players who stay at low levels just to PvP and never advance beyond that. For them, that is fun. Others level alt after alt, and never see end-content raiding. Others do see it. Some folks level one toon and no others. Some folks race to end, some folks read quest text.

The point is, you need to find what you enjoy in the game, and do it.

Or to put it another way, and use some advice my father gave me:

You worry about you, not everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    No, you clearly are not a casual player.
    Because casuals, by definition, shouldn't even get to the endgame. amirite?
    MSN: thesaddestpanda@hotmail.com
    XBL GT: ReverendGodless (with an i)

Alliance/Spinebreaker

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Traces View Post
    You're going to get a lot of negative feedback with a thread like this.

A lot of BiS items are actually from reputation which you can obtain by doing quests. Most of them give insane amounts of reputation, so it goes quick.

Also i dinged 85 on the Cataclysm release day and have farmed normals and heroics, I have yet to kick or see anyone be kicked yet. So you can put that down to bad luck.

A normal dungeon requires 15 minutes maybe a little more and a heroic is around 30-40 mins with a random group (I only run guilded, so can't comment). Casual players can still easily obtain gear and keep playing even with a limited playtime. You just need to put effort into it now.

Good luck with Cataclysm, whatever you choose to do.
    This. Completely this.
    Narfwak - Elemental Shaman
    <FH>
    Black Dragonflight-US

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rfwak/advanced