Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Question Heroic Ozruk in Stonecore(as a hunter)

Hey there.

Tonight I ran this with some guildies. It seems that the only way to avoid being stuck in his paralyze ability is by meleeing the boss. Doing that gives you a 2 second debuff which needs to be timed perfectly with the paralyze, otherwise you're stuck for the duration and take about 50k damage. I used my pvp trinket to avoid it once, but that's not good enough to avoid it every time. Any hints from a hunter who has done this successfully without taking damage? I'm thinking I might be missing something here.

10+ Year Old Account
    just have the healer melee the boss, and cleanse you out of it, that's what I was doing.

stuck for 50k damage? no problem
    just dont get 1 shot by the shatter.

you are gonna take damage either way, pointless to melee the boss
    most healers should be able to keep the tank and the dps up.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think that debuff can be cleansed, pretty sure I saw a healer in my group do that.

Paralyze is broken by any damage. He casts spell reflect as well as a thorns like skill on himself. Just have any kind of dot on him and it's gg. Don't dispel them from the boss

BTW, I'm sure google could've told you this in like 2 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Paralyze is broken by any damage. He casts spell reflect as well as a thorns like skill on himself. Just have any kind of dot on him and it's gg. Don't dispel them from the boss

BTW, I'm sure google could've told you this in like 2 minutes.

Nice. but no, I started as SV, black arrow and SrS didn't break me out. I moved to MM, and Piercing shots didn't work, no need for the douchy response though, just don't answer when you don't know, ya know?

The cleanse makes sense, thank you

The 50k wouldn't have been a problem if I was the only hunter in the group, but with 2 of us taking that damage the healer was having trouble keeping up, other solution is run with 1 hunter in a perfect world.
    Last edited by Lilcheeks; 2010-12-13 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilcheeks View Post
    Nice. but no, I started as SV, black arrow and SrS didn't break me out. I moved to MM, and Piercing shots didn't work, no need for the douchy response though, just don't answer when you don't know, ya know?

The cleanse makes sense, thank you

The 50k wouldn't have been a problem if I was the only hunter in the group, but with 2 of us taking that damage the healer was having trouble keeping up, other solution is run with 1 hunter in a perfect world.
    Sorry, but yes. I'm right. If anyone dispels the reflects off of him it won't work. Like I said...don't dispel them and it's over. Take my advice or wipe some more in 5 mans, it's your choice. You're welcome for helping you
    Last edited by Pfeff; 2010-12-13 at 05:10 AM.
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

15+ Year Old Account
    You should tell your Healer to dispell you, since it will remove the need to heal you which a Healer shouldn't want to do. The Healer should cast a DoT on the boss when the spellreflect shield is up.

Also it seems the pet takes full damage from all attacks the boss does so remember to call it back after Paralyze so it doesn't get hit by the Shatter.

I believe it needs to be a type of physical or magic damage, and I can confirm that no shots or traps can break the stun. You need to either melee or hope your healer can break the stun and cleanse. Wiped for half an hour last night, 2 hunters in the group ><.

Deleted
    Why do BA/SrS/Immo trap/Explo trap not qualify for spells and don 't reflect back? It gimps us hard on this fight.

Sorry, but yes. I'm right. If anyone dispels the reflects off of him it won't work. Like I said...don't dispel them and it's over. Take my advice or wipe some more in 5 mans, it's your choice. You're welcome for helping you
    A hunter CAN'T dot himself with the boss's shield, unless he's meleeing.

Last time I did it, the hunter was the only one to take the damage of the Paralyse, so it wasn't hard to heal one person each time.

Problem is, apparently, the damage of the Paralyse can crit... And one-shot you. Well, that's just bad luck I guess

But yeah, hunter are the only one currently unable to DPS and avoid the paralyse by himself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xux View Post
    Take my advice or wipe some more in 5 mans, it's your choice. You're welcome for helping you
    Your wrong advice?
    As already stated SrS and BA DONT get reflected, you actually have to melee the boss

And its pretty retarded since our dps goes down the drain

The debuff is four seconds, more than enough time to whack the boss with a raptor strike before paralyze. His hitbox is actually very small, so you can get in quite close, just barely outside of melee range before running in. Was very easy. Disengage right away to avoid shatter and pop into AotF and just go right back to town. Had no trouble maintaining over 10k despite having to drop into melee.

If you want to get your healer to dispell it and then heal you for the paralyze damage, that's fine I suppose, but with healer mana as it is right now, I figure it's best to let them conserve it.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2010-12-13 at 02:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, if the healer dispells paralyze off you, you don't take any damage. it's more efficient by far for mana.

Sigh. Not even worth it anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm yea i've made a ticket about this problem,and the gm said it's a bug or something like that and they will solve it..i dunno if he told me the true,but i've been like 2-3 times in the stonecore hc and everytime i had been paralyzed...it's just imposibile to avoid it unless u go in melee range as ppl said in the beginning of the topic.
    Rilanciownz-Outland Eu
    Desertwolf-Sylvanas Eu

Sigh. Not even worth it anymore
    Serpent sting or black arrow isnt reflected, even if the shield is up. What is it that you dont understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Manas View Post
    Serpent sting or black arrow isnt reflected, even if the shield is up. What is it that you dont understand?
    Since he has Black Arrow, that means he is Survival. Now there is this skill called Explosive Shot that I heard does a dot. But since I got warned for trying to help him, I see no point in posting here or checking this thread anymore
    Last edited by Pfeff; 2010-12-13 at 11:00 PM.

Since he has Black Arrow, that means he is Survival. Now there is this skill called Explosive Shot that I heard does a dot. But since I got warned for trying to help him, I see no point in posting here or checking this thread anymore
    hunters dont use mana and therefore dont have spells.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Deleted
    elitist attidute, ey? Shame your advice is worth nothing for hunter. I suggest l2p instead.

On the topic - yeah, cleanse would be the best choice for hunter in that situation