Disc: Must-have glyphs?

I'm having trouble finding concrete, up-to-date information on which glyphs to work with.

It seems like Prime has only a few prospects. PW:Barrier, PW:shield, Penance, PoH. Flash heal doesn't get used enough (though it saved my tank's butt today). I'm surprised I haven't taken renew off my spellbar. The only one I'd refuse to go without is PW:Shield. What's the odd man out? My gut tells me PoH, but I'm willing to be educated.

For majors I'm even less sure. Dispel Magic suddenly seems less laughable now with 130khp tanks running around. That's an extra 3900 heal for free. Not going to make or break anything, but it's a nice bonus. Psychic Scream seems useful in dungeons. Divine Accuracy if you're smite-heal specced, which I am not. Nothing else seems even worth mentioning. Right now I'm running with Spirit Tap and just trying to time a SWeath off an auto-assist macro to score some free mana on occasion, but that's not only unreliable and unpredictable, it's also kind of borderline useless since it only works at the end of a fight. I only had it for leveling. I'm hoping someone can sell me on something else. Fading?

Minors generally don't mean much, so I'm not as worried there. Levitate seems like the most useful. Fortitude can't hurt... I guess. If the shadowfiend glyph only works when it dies as it says in the tooltip, it's completely worthless. If it gave the 5% back whenever it's done no matter what it'd be must-have. Fade seems like it might be very marginally helpful, so I guess that'd be my third.

What are you guys running with?
    Last edited by Jiraiyah; 2010-12-13 at 06:33 AM.

PoH is your #1 glyph.
    Penance is your #2 glyph.

#3 is PW:B, or PW:S depending on the fight. PW:S is better if you're tank healing, but don't need a cooldown rotation. PW:B is better if you do need a cooldown rotation.

Ok. You always seem like you know what you're talking about, so I'm gonna go with that. I figure PW:S is more useful for me right now in dungeons. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    PoH is your #1 glyph.
    Penance is your #2 glyph.

#3 is PW:B, or PW:S depending on the fight. PW:S is better if you're tank healing, but don't need a cooldown rotation. PW:B is better if you do need a cooldown rotation.
    ^this. also PW:S glyph makes me cry at how weak it is

10+ Year Old Account
    Which you use is really based off of what role you're trying to fill, but PoH is incredibly powerful now, with it's auto DA proc and adding a hot to it just makes it mouth watering.

As far as PW:B vs PW:S, if you're just running random heroics I'd probably go with PW:S, but if you're raiding or running heroics with a fairly regular group PW:B becomes an more interesting choice, especially if you're either melee or ranged heavy and you can get people to stack under it during times of heavy damage.

Deleted
    I'm running pw:s, poh and penance right now - seems to work.

Also worth noting that spirit tap doesn't seem to work at 85.

Quote Originally Posted by Orapronobis View Post
    Which you use is really based off of what role you're trying to fill, but PoH is incredibly powerful now, with it's auto DA proc and adding a hot to it just makes it mouth watering.
    No offense, but Prayer already was powerful, before the Auto-DA proc.

---------- Post added 2010-12-13 at 06:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    Also worth noting that spirit tap doesn't seem to work at 85.
    Yes it does.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Well, after a day of dungeons and one Tol Barad raid (whatever it's called) I have to say I'm sold on the PoH glyph. Wow, what a difference. Still not seeing much value in the major glyphs though. I'm actually more excited about the minor glyphs than the majors.

Prime: PoH, Penance, PW:S
    Major: Mass Dispel, Dispel Magic, Scourge Imprisonment