Thread: Druids...

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Druids...

I play 2s on an hpala with an enchancement shaman and i really enjoy it when the teams we play against are usually any combination of resto druid. i recently saw a rogue's life jump from 20k to around 90k in about 2-3 jumps. His partner was a resto druid and its wierd when i didnt see him casting at all.

One preferable nerf is lifebloom activates when purged. ( not sure if this is what blizz intended, but imo too op)
    another is the fact that resto's seem to be able to heal better when around 2k mana instead of full. ( sounds impossible, but its not)

Deleted
    Resto druids are most definitely not over powered. Along with priests they are performing poorly in pvp. Im not talking about not being able to solo tank 4 dps any more, I'm talking about not being able to solo a single dps any more and not being able to heal under any pressure.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    So you're saying nerf more out hots so we can be useless ? Yeah, that should do it. Already got 2 of them nerfed, why not nerf lifebloom also so a priest dispels us once and we're naked, then 1 silence and gg .

Ok first off, druids didnt get kicked in the ass with the nerf boot, we took it right between the eyes. Lifebloom has always " bloomed" on dispell, it is how its intended and the only real healing spell with teeth left. Regrowth sends you on the oom express, rejuve is still great but was nerfed by 6 ( or 9) seconds, healing touch is great when natures swiftness is up, and swiftmend hits for 15k, which is about 15% of ppls health now.

I agree, take away the one useful part of the only spell that matters in a druids arsenal now, just chase them out ot the game all together.

Deleted

Dude....

Mabye they want you to think befor you just purge, there is a risk that you will "hit" the Lb... and if you do your in shitstorm...
    Why nerf Rdrood, they are so easy
    Buff them!
    Im a rogue and i have no problems with Rdrood, but then again, some classes will have, like i have with mages and Feral droods.
    Feral eats my sorry/stealty ass... But if they pop cd wrong i can simply kite til its over...
    But you dont see me make a thread about feral droods.

Did anyone read his Comp? pally/enhance shaman? Faceroll the noobs much? Sounds like that druid was just a very good player.

Quote Originally Posted by zmilypvp View Post
    Mabye they want you to think befor you just purge, there is a risk that you will "hit" the Lb... and if you do your in shitstorm...
    Why nerf Rdrood, they are so easy
    Buff them!
    Im a rogue and i have no problems with Rdrood, but then again, some classes will have, like i have with mages and Feral droods.
    Feral eats my sorry/stealty ass... But if they pop cd wrong i can simply kite til its over...
    But you dont see me make a thread about feral droods.
    we dont purge LB

ok so we got 3 bias'd druid opinions about how underpowered they are which is most likely just them not playing their classes right and a class confused rogue. I'd like one of these druids to explain their way out of healing stronger at oom then at full.

another nerf i forgot to mention is some kind of cd on cyclone or change the dynamics of it completely. theres stuns, silences, interrupts, but cyclone defines itself as an independent cc.

---------- Post added 2010-12-19 at 08:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aabrahm View Post
    Did anyone read his Comp? pally/enhance shaman? Faceroll the noobs much? Sounds like that druid was just a very good player.
    it isnt much of a faceroll as its more an hour 2s fight, and its not just 1 druid its every druid. If it was just one skilled druid thatd be ok, but aside from paladins idk a more user friendly class than a druid.

Ok dont make a qq thread unless you want to know why yopur wrong. Biast? yes i might be a little biast, but ive been healing since BC, i have read the EJ, mmo, and various other forums on healing as a druid. What do they all say? They say druids are broken, do your best and hope for a buff. Healing at low levels of mana is a druids specialty bc we can roll hots that cost now but heal for 10 sec ( and mabey bloom at the end ). Now when you say you dont purge lifebloom, you mean you dont mean to or are you using some kind of illegal mod to get around it? Bc is kinda not your call for the most part. On cyclone, it is good yea, but it lasts 6 sec - 3 sec - 1.5 sec. If you dont have a trinket for the first then pop cd's for the next 4.5 sec, then you shouldnt be doing arenas. Tag your it

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    So 5.5k SP druid with 20% mastery will heal 8k on nourish, 10 on regrowth, 20k on healing touch, 18k on swiftmend, 3k tick on lifeblood and 27k when it blooms. You do the math and then see what he used.Also the "he healed better on low mana" crap you said it's just... /facepalm.He healed better on low hp player ? Maybe , couse of some SP trinket that procs under 35%.I play feral fyi, it's OP, makes me feel good, but what you just said it's just QQ and nothing else.

Don't change the subject to cyclone now. First of all, just no. Second: The diminishing returns on cyclone are so great that it is only as affective as a well placed stun or fear, or what's that incredibly OP ability every Pally uses to seem good, I can't recall the name, I remember immunity to all my damage and cc's and he could still attack, cast, and move. Oh man it would be swell if Pally's still had a unique ability like that.....
    Just no. Classes have unique spells (very few now) just get used to it. Resto Druids are not that hard to counter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr420 View Post
    Ok dont make a qq thread unless you want to know why yopur wrong. Biast? yes i might be a little biast, but ive been healing since BC, i have read the EJ, mmo, and various other forums on healing as a druid. What do they all say? They say druids are broken, do your best and hope for a buff. Healing at low levels of mana is a druids specialty bc we can roll hots that cost now but heal for 10 sec ( and mabey bloom at the end ). Now when you say you dont purge lifebloom, you mean you dont mean to or are you using some kind of illegal mod to get around it? Bc is kinda not your call for the most part. On cyclone, it is good yea, but it lasts 6 sec - 3 sec - 1.5 sec. If you dont have a trinket for the first then pop cd's for the next 4.5 sec, then you shouldnt be doing arenas. Tag your it
    yea we're modding and druids are still healing thru it somehow =). the cyclone diminishing returns arent really that much of concern when the druid can cast a steady stream of them if it wanted to and keep sum1 cc'd for as long as he wants b4 casting an insta hot and continuing. the only hope i have is to LoS him asap.

Ok for all those who dont understand diminishing Returns, its this thing that makes the target less seceptable and eventually immune to the effects. So after the 6 sec cyclone, then the 3 sec cyclone, then the 1.5 sec cyclone ( or basically nothing more than an interrupt ), the druid can spam it constantly on his/her target, you are right about saying that, but if he/she were to do that through the spam of IMMUNE going across the screen from whatever announce mod hes/shes running at the time, then he/she shouldnt be doing arenas either

Deleted
    Intersting that u as a holy paladin say that its op to heal from 20 k to 90 k in some secs.
    BECOUSE somebody have a spell called Lay on Hands. i get from 1 hp to full in less than 1 sec. so if u wanna nerf resto druids. i would say. Remove lay on hands and bubble and its even.

Lifebloom has always been able to be dispelled/purged and then it "blooms" to heal. If you're stupid enough to actually spam it off and keep it healing another person that would be you and your team's faults. You got outplayed, maybe you need to take what you see from resto druids and devise a plan with how to deal with it so your team can beat them. As for the 2-3 jumps, I'm going to assume you kept dispelling it and it crit almost every time, that's the only way it would heal for 70k. But calling to nerf them (which, we have been it's not bias it fact go look at the blue posts and see what all they've done to our spells) is plain silly.

You should take a look at Gift of the Earthmother and read the description of that as it deals with lifebloom. "Increases the healing done when your Lifebloom expires by 15% ..." Also, I have no idea what you mean when you said "he healed better when oom as opposed to full" there is no mechanic whatsoever that does this for resto druid. Symbiosis, our mastery does this: "Increases the potency of your healing spells by 10% on targets already affected by one of your heal over time spells."
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

Quote Originally Posted by Kore nametooshort View Post
    Resto druids are most definitely not over powered. Along with priests they are performing poorly in pvp. Im not talking about not being able to solo tank 4 dps any more, I'm talking about not being able to solo a single dps any more and not being able to heal under any pressure.
    I'm a shaman and I can't do that either. All I can do is slow down the inevitable. Its partly my lack of gear and with the across the bored nerf to all healers, you need a partner to intervene so you can have some breathing room. Except for riptide,earth shield, and natures swiftness (when off 2 min cd) on yourself, all shaman casts take forever and are easily interuptable with melee beating on you.

Deleted
    I could also say that cyclone lasts for 6 secs only. and its decreased by 2 sec everytime used.so after 2 cyclones its no longer a use of it. and how long is ur stun spell as a paladin? like 4 secs?
    no a big diffrens. and look on mages sheep. like a very long time if no one interupps it.
    AND FOR THE BIGGEST QUESTION. how did the druid get him from 20 k to 90k. easy. Hes 3 stack of lifebloom did release. thats 20 k to 30 k of healing. he did have a regroth or a revju on and could do an instant Swiftmend. its cd for some secs on that. and a instant healing touch with natures swiftmend. so mabey 25+20+25..... and its like 10 mins cd on natures swiftness and mabey 10-15 secs on swiftmend which requaires a revju or regrowth.

---------- Post added 2010-12-19 at 09:46 PM ----------

i think im wrong with the 10 min cd couse i dont know really but it was 10 min before

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    You play a Hpally Nuff salamnder hop off tehh druids D

I could also say that cyclone lasts for 6 secs only. and its decreased by 2 sec everytime used.so after 2 cyclones its no longer a use of it. and how long is ur stun spell as a paladin? like 4 secs?
    no a big diffrens. and look on mages sheep. like a very long time if no one interupps it.
    AND FOR THE BIGGEST QUESTION. how did the druid get him from 20 k to 90k. easy. Hes 3 stack of lifebloom did release. thats 20 k to 30 k of healing. he did have a regroth or a revju on and could do an instant Swiftmend. its cd for some secs on that. and a instant healing touch with natures swiftmend. so mabey 25+20+25..... and its like 10 mins cd on natures swiftness and mabey 10-15 secs on swiftmend which requaires a revju or regrowth.
    It's 3 minutes on Nature's Swiftness for us but yes, what you described is a perfectly normal rotation that could heal for that much, that quickly. Afterward, you'd be waiting on your 15 second (14.5 talented fully) swiftmend cooldown and 3 min NS cooldown though. Tranquility is the really long cooldown you're referring to and that's channeled.
    Last edited by Melodi; 2010-12-19 at 08:50 PM. Reason: added quote
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

Quote Originally Posted by KiMoSaBe View Post
    You play a Hpally Nuff salamnder hop off tehh druids D
    Exactly, hpallies are still in a better palce even after the nerf than every other healer in the game so please quit the ignorant qq.

Quote Originally Posted by Femkronan View Post
    Intersting that u as a holy paladin say that its op to heal from 20 k to 90 k in some secs.
    BECOUSE somebody have a spell called Lay on Hands. i get from 1 hp to full in less than 1 sec. so if u wanna nerf resto druids. i would say. Remove lay on hands and bubble and its even.

ok the guy that make this tread is wrong we all know that...

but man.... lay of hands xD. that cant be used in arenas dude.