Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Enhancement Mana

Hey Guys,

I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing the state of never being OOM. Ever since I hit 85 my mana has never dropped below 90% even though I drop everything I can and don't use Shamanistic Rage unless I need the defensive cooldown.

Its getting a little boring not having to worry about a resource. Anyone else having this issue?

Enhancement Shaman, along with Retribution Paladins, aren't really meant to be managing their mana. Blizzard has said in the past that mana should not be a factor except for maybe AoE. We have enough to watch for and be mindful of as it is.

so you wannA go oom? I HAVE SEN IT ALL~~

Deleted
    so u are saying that u want nerf s u can go oom ? are u nuts ?

Did you ever have to watch your mana?

during the heavy ohnoes aoe that everyone starts going down "halls of origination, light guy" i usually throw down a healing rain and spam chain heal to help the healer out. then go back to attacking and back up to full mana after a rotation or two. I would see this as the only reason we should have mana issues. we have the ability to heal and if your healer falls behind on heals from people not following mecanics correctly throw out a couple heals to help them out.

You are getting lucky and not having to help your healer. We are meant to only be limited by mana when we start using heals out of the MW5 proc.

Ofcurse you're not going OOM, Enhancement Shamans have taged a lot of mana restoration abilities with more powerful strikes, we don't have to wait points on them anymore. It's kind of obvious. I think I only had mana issues back when I first started playing Enhancement at beginning of ICC, but only took a few talent point swaps to cover that up. Only thing I really dislike, is that when you're questing, or soloing things, and you try to heal yourself, You can't really do it. GHW is terrible, and you can only cast it about 3 times. But for dungeons/heroics/raids. That's not an issue at all.
    Also when rezzing dead players, consumes about 75% of your mana. Which is pretty annoying. But not really an issue.
    US:Haomarush Enhancement/Restoration Shaman - Fenrizthot
    US:Haomarush Discipline/Holy Priest - Fennh

enhancement is a notable deserted spec by blizzard (probably shaman as a whole but that's another topic). it SHOULD be part of the gameplay to have a resource to watch out for: holy power, eclipses, energy, rage, mana, runic powers etc.
    and is perfectly possible to implement something we have to watch out for and not have it considered a "nerf". the whole enhancement spec is just not well thought out im afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by 817 View Post
    enhancement is a notable deserted spec by blizzard (probably shaman as a whole but that's another topic). it SHOULD be part of the gameplay to have a resource to watch out for: holy power, eclipses, energy, rage, mana, runic powers etc.
    and is perfectly possible to implement something we have to watch out for and not have it considered a "nerf". the whole enhancement spec is just not well thought out im afraid.
    You are absolutely right!!! Good thing we have something called Maelstrom Weapon stacks to fit this bill. We're you the one who suggested that to Blizzard?

msw procs and searing totem arent enough? i disagree with you on us not getting love this expansion. Enhancement is now competitive on dps and in most cases out performing other classes. if you are not at least giving other dps that are geared as you a run for their money then you are doing something wrong. On average i get atleast 1 qq from another class that i shamans should get nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by rdaccord View Post
    msw procs and searing totem arent enough? i disagree with you on us not getting love this expansion. Enhancement is now competitive on dps and in most cases out performing other classes. if you are not at least giving other dps that are geared as you a run for their money then you are doing something wrong. On average i get atleast 1 qq from another class that i shamans should get nerfed.
    my argument wasnt that enhancement dps was too low, but rather this whole searing totem mechanism/infinite mana thing just arent well thought out.
    Last edited by 817; 2010-12-13 at 08:33 PM.

You probably are not supporting your healer then. I go oom sometimes supporting my healer with healing rain and such(Get it all back with using SR and abilities). I even save the healer the trouble and heal myself, does it kill my dps? No, maybe a little that it does not really matter.

I feel enhance is golden right now, anyone complaining about it is doing it wrong. Also we do have stuff to watch for, its not like we don't have maelstrom weapons or searing totem stacks/positioning(is it attacking? In Range? Expiring? whats the stacks up at?) to watch for am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar275 View Post
    You probably are not supporting your healer then. I go oom sometimes supporting my healer with healing rain and such(Get it all back with using SR and abilities). I even save the healer the trouble and heal myself, does it kill my dps? No, maybe a little that it does not really matter.

I feel enhance is golden right now, anyone complaining about it is doing it wrong. Also we do have stuff to watch for, its not like we don't have maelstrom weapons or searing totem stacks/positioning(is it attacking? In Range? Expiring? whats the stacks up at?) to watch for am I right?
    No.
    Supporting healers should be an OPTION. our role is to DPS, and should go OOM using DPS spells. "You probably are not supporting your healer then" is simply an invalid argument. Healing=DPS loss. period.

I understand that watching out for your searing totem stacks and such can be exciting and fun for some, but this whole mechanism is near useless to the entire PvP enhance population, and searing totem itself is not polished and bugs out (doesn't attack) sometimes. hence my argument that blizzard didn't spend much thinking into enhancement spec.
    Last edited by 817; 2010-12-13 at 08:54 PM.

No.
    Supporting healers should be an OPTION. our role is to DPS, and should go OOM using DPS spells. "You probably are not supporting your healer then" is simply an invalid argument. Healing=DPS loss. period.
    No, we should never go oom dpsing. That is Blizzard's design for all dps specs now. The resources we have to manage are no longer dependent on mana and that's fine. Cooldown management, prioritizing your attacks, MW stacks, totem placement; those are the things you concern yourself with, not mana. If you are doing what you are meant to do then you will never go oom. If you are chain casting heals or abusing healing rain without MW stacks, you will go oom. That's the design so it's working as intended.

No.
    You clearly don't understand the point of it.

You cant teach the blind, thus I can't explain to you. If you want to go oom, chain cast lightning bolt. While your at it go elemental.

If he really wants to run oom he should spec resto.

Quote Originally Posted by Rouncer View Post
    If he really wants to run oom he should spec resto.
    Cool. So he can see why support is nice. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar275 View Post
    You clearly don't understand the point of it.

You cant teach the blind, thus I can't explain to you. If you want to go oom, chain cast lightning bolt. While your at it go elemental.
    Since when can the blind not be taught?

Quote Originally Posted by Elathi View Post
    Since when can the blind not be taught?
    I got the same exact "wth is this dude saying" reaction when I read his open "You probably are not supporting your healer then"