Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

So we 85 now and no qq about mages anymore

Go figure. Now nerf ferals and warriors

Mage is still OP, don't try to defend yourself.

mages are still op
    ferals are op
    warrs are op
    warlocks are shit, BUFF!
    My name is steinvakt i'm a warlock.
    but rly, the 3 first need a nerf

Quote Originally Posted by steinvakt View Post
    mages are still op
    ferals are op
    warrs are op
    warlocks are shit, BUFF!
    My name is steinvakt i'm a warlock.
    but rly, the 3 first need a nerf
    Basically what you just said is "Nerf paper, but scissors is fine" From, Rock.

Mages and Ferals are really the only extremely overpowered classes atm. Rogues could use a little work too, but not too much at all. Balance is pretty solid atm minus those specific classes.

Its not that mages suddenly stopped being QQ worthy material.. Its just that people have found new, more pressing matters to QQ about.
    Like how unfair it is having to CC in heroics.
    Or how much the new healing system sucks.
    Or how unfair it is that all servers in all regions didnt activate at the exact same second because now their fav guild isnt gonna get world first.
    Or who got the ugliest tier set.
    Or about how much they miss Wintergrasp.
    Or about how their favorite zones are now completely ruined.
    Or about the racials.
    Or which faction got the most mounts.
    They'll be back, mark my words.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines) :-(

The reason why you dont see much whine yet is because at this point:

1 - Noone has proper pvp gear, and they know it
    2 - Most people are honor capped, thus only playing for one win for conquest points. Thus having less pvp encounters, and less encounters with mages
    3 - Without any gear, even mages die fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    The single reason there is no qq is this:

Noone has done any pvp besides Tol Barad, which in and of itself is far to broken to warrent qq about anything else

Mages are still broken. They have by far the most utility of ANY class, and are able to also put out good to great damage. The bg qq will start by tuesday night, just you wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireWrites View Post
    Basically what you just said is "Nerf paper, but scissors is fine" From, Rock.

Mages and Ferals are really the only extremely overpowered classes atm. Rogues could use a little work too, but not too much at all. Balance is pretty solid atm minus those specific classes.
    The only problem I have with rogues is the INSANE amount of defensive utility they have coupled with massive burst. 1v1 they can pretty much reset on you 2 or 3 times if needed while taking minimal damage if they know how to flow their CDs. Feral is annoying, but just keep them in front as best a possible, and mages... they need a nerf. I don't even try against them anymore. Impossible to touch even if caught by suprise unless they are complete scrubs.

Deleted
    Many classes need a serious nerf ; Mages, shadow priests, protadins, retradins, warriors and shamans. These classes do far too much damage and they completely unbalance pvp with ease. I'm hoping blizzard will rectify this, because it will make arena's very difficult over the next months...

10+ Year Old Account
    lol, ret does too much damage? what do you play, a enhance shaman poorly? Ret cant catch a thing, and cant do any more damage then any other class. The only thing they have going for them is with the stun and interupt, they can finaly kill a healer if they bring a friend.

This is from both a holy and ret's point of view btw.

Quote Originally Posted by belgicanofl View Post
    Many classes need a serious nerf ; Mages, shadow priests, protadins, retradins, warriors and shamans. These classes do far too much damage and they completely unbalance pvp with ease. I'm hoping blizzard will rectify this, because it will make arena's very difficult over the next months...
    you named 6 of the 10 classes there. maybe the other 4 need a buff instead?

i'm 82 and i'm still wrecking a lot of higher lvls than me with IL shatters

PVE Arcane mages are not nearly as good anymore. Arcane Blast x4 costs upwards of 8000 mana EACH cast. Try spammin' that and last more than 5 seconds.

Nobody has had any time to really pvp. Once people aren't too busy leveling and gearing you'll hear the qq come back.

Did Tol Barad couple of times, saw duels. Mage are still the only class putting 100k life to 0 in less than 6s. They are insanly op and need one epic nerf. They said it would be balance @85. It's as balanced as 80 right now. Ferals only have one damaging ability, and are dead long before you start seeing it, when mage just blink away or pop ice cube to show how cheezy they really are.

Regards, feral druid

15+ Year Old Account
    Mages and Ferals are still generally considered to be overpowered in PvP at 85.

A lot of it is people complaining because they lose to them, but I think there is a legitimate balance issue with both, most likely.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Shamygandof View Post
    Nobody has had any time to really pvp. Once people aren't too busy leveling and gearing you'll hear the qq come back.
    Seeing as the new season starts tomorrow, I don't think this is too far off.
    Congratulations, your mind has been expanded.

15+ Year Old Account
    PvP hasn't actually started yet, so this thread is moot. :/

But yay, season nine starts tomorrow. Not that I will ever arena again in my life, but it brings with it the first tier of real PvP gear. I will be 85 one day and then I will see how we (mages) fare, and if the qq has returned. >:|
    For the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Gilneas View Post
    PVE Arcane mages are not nearly as good anymore. Arcane Blast x4 costs upwards of 8000 mana EACH cast. Try spammin' that and last more than 5 seconds.
    I would say: Arcane mages now work properly as they should have done in wotlk but mana was not a matter back there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't lie to yourself. Mages are still op as frak. Just wait for the arena to prove that.
    (ferals are dumb as well, I'll give ya that)