Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Most DPS lack common sense!!

so every random i do takes for ever. why is this??? because dps has no common sense, i spend half the time marking each guy an explaining which guy 2 kill first, and tell each class what mark they cc. then i have to tell them every time to start. on every pull, in every random!! As a tank i like 2 pull fast an quick, idc what mob u cc just cc one. ill pick up the rest. i don't do randoms any more because there a huge waste of time. any other tanks feel this way??

10+ Year Old Account
    Most people lack common sense.

Better than all the groups I get from the RDF, 80% of which just want to LAWLAOEFAESROLL the instance and rack up repair bills.

It's okay. You deserve a pat on the back for your patience.

<Pats back>

If your DPS are selfish idiots looking to rack up numbers in "Recount" or whatever, then don't expect them to focus fire. I can usually tell from a character name whether or not my DPS are going to nub-out on me. I think this expansion was meant for more people to guild-up, rather than run pugs. At the end of the day, though, I find more people in grp are going to take the tank's side if the DPS are acting stupid, so if you're the only one bringing your A-Game, then don't worry about it; just find a new grp... and if that one sucks, just keep trying.

Either that or guild-up/make a guild. Clearly someone with your expertise and planning would be looked-upon with respect, and people would trust you as a leader.

Not everyone knows what skull, X, triangle, star, moon, etc, mean conventionally. Of course you'll have to explain it; especially now where CC is back in business.

On many servers things are different. Moon isn't always sheep, triangle isn't always sap, etc. You cant expect people to read your mind... until the marks state the class that is.

Use a macro as an announcement. something like "Skull is to die first. Mages sheep Moon..." etc. Obviously it wont work for every random.

Edit: I am a tank, and I simply look at the classes and state accordingly at the beginning of each random. But I feel for you if they don't get it after that ><
    Last edited by sinayion; 2010-12-13 at 06:48 PM. Reason: clarification

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by emopally View Post
    so every random i do takes for ever. why is this??? because dps has no common sense, i spend half the time marking each guy an explaining which guy 2 kill first, and tell each class what mark they cc. then i have to tell them every time to start. on every pull, in every random!! As a tank i like 2 pull fast an quick, idc what mob u cc just cc one. ill pick up the rest. i don't do randoms any more because there a huge waste of time. any other tanks feel this way??
    Wow really? That's your problem right there. You're the type of tank I HATE to heal. Unless you're in a guild run, don't expect everything to go smoothly, and don't you DARE start to think that you can just pull and DPS will CC according to targets. Shit happens bro.

It may take a little while for it to happen, but eventually most players will learn the need to slow down and be careful since EVERY tank has the same problems with AoE threat and EVERY instance has pulls that require CC to not lead to wipes.

Certainly, there are enough thick skulled people that will try to treat every instance like Wrath dungeons, regardless of how many times they die, but the difficulty level is, at present, enough that most people will get it before long.

"As a tank i like 2 pull fast an quick, idc what mob u cc just cc one."

Ha! I take back my praise. Don't expect these people to mind-read unless they're guildies.

If they lolfail then it's your fault for not adapting your impatient tanking methods for the sake of group coordination.

hate to rain on your pity parade, but I have seem some fairly dumb tanks and healers too ^^

Also if one more tank breaks my repentance I... grrr

Deleted
    I'll tell you what I hate.

Me - "I'm gonna CC cross."
    Tank - "k m8"
    *CC's*
    *Tank breaks CC*
    Tank - "WTF M8"
    *Bubbles gets kicked, reason - "CANT CC FOR SHIT M8"*

As a dps/Healer, I completely undestand you. I've come across most of my heroics with guys doing under 4k dps on bosses and trash, where I'm top dps, doubleing second highest being the tank. And even when I'm fucking up my rotation, because Im CCing things, or just moving away from shit, my dps is amazing compared to the rest. Also I should add that my guild is lacking good players at the moment.
    Its funny to see how those people that trashed talked douring ICC times about being top dps, top heals, now be the scrubs of the group.
    US:Haomarush Enhancement/Restoration Shaman - Fenrizthot
    US:Haomarush Discipline/Holy Priest - Fennh

Quote Originally Posted by Pojodan View Post
    It may take a little while for it to happen, but eventually most players will learn the need to slow down and be careful since EVERY tank has the same problems with AoE threat and EVERY instance has pulls that require CC to not lead to wipes.

Certainly, there are enough thick skulled people that will try to treat every instance like Wrath dungeons, regardless of how many times they die, but the difficulty level is, at present, enough that most people will get it before long.
    Read the OP's post. It's not the DPS that treat it as a WrathFest... he is, the tank.

Yea, I noticed just as many clueless tanks and healers in LFG, tanks pulling paying no attention to mana of healers or dps. Noone marking targets or explaining what they mean, because one guys purple diamond is not automatically known to be hex or w/e. It needs explaining, I ended up in a group of spanish speakers and they used different marks than I was used to and it was chaos, I actually had to explain, "marks are good, but please be specific, what is fear target, banish etc." After that we had no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Pojodan View Post

As a druid I have no problems with aoe threat, despite what people are saying. The problem is the healer keeping me alive possibly the party, at packs with aoe spells. That's why CC is needed, aoe threat is not one of the problems in this expasion.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Most people lack common sense.
    if that's true then it's not common, maybe you lack it to?

Kinda funny here, because most of the runs I do, I see tanks just 'He-Man-ing' it and pulling before any discussion of CC can be started, and then the group wipes. We try it again, wipe again, then kick the tank. Get a new tank and 1-shot the rest of the instance.

Tanks feel that they are 'Da Shit' when it comes to randoms, it is about time they start acting like it.

Quote Originally Posted by emopally View Post
    Only time I'll ask which target to kill is when the other group is in vent and doesn't mark as most tanks now tend to tab threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrizthot View Post
    As a dps/Healer, I completely undestand you. I've come across most of my heroics with guys doing under 4k dps on bosses and trash, where I'm top dps, doubleing second highest being the tank. And even when I'm fucking up my rotation, because Im CCing things, or just moving away from shit, my dps is amazing compared to the rest. Also I should add that my guild is lacking good players at the moment.
    Its funny to see how those people that trashed talked douring ICC times about being top dps, top heals, now be the scrubs of the group.
    But it's funny because I'm an Unholy DK and I don't have CC and just kill shit >: )
    Last edited by Alsonia; 2010-12-13 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kATTEKONGEN View Post
    As a druid I have no problems with aoe threat, despite what people are saying. The problem is the healer keeping me alive possibly the party, at packs with aoe spells. That's why CC is needed, aoe threat is not one of the problems in this expasion.
    This is exactly the problem - it's not the tank or healers fault; DPS is constantly taking damage that is unnecessary.

As a healer I love queueing with a group in which the DPS know when to CC, when to get out of the fire and when to blow their cooldowns to mitigate damage.

I usually never have issues with tanks - it's always DPS.

Yea, its like the tanks and dps think they are healing themselves roflmao. Healer will be drinking and off they go. Ive had just as many issues with scrub tanks and healers. Usually they leave and you just continue on. People are used to 15 min facerolling heroics. A guy yesterday in HSFK asked "how long is this going to take? I need to get going soon." I told him an hour at least is average, unless this is a solid pug, then maybe less. He bailed immediately. Another complaint yesterday "why are we going so slow?" from a guy who kept ripping aggro and dying. Its just lol, ppl need to adjust. It seems like the bulk of players started in wrath and it will just take time to get them to either up their game or quit queing.
    Last edited by Nexxia; 2010-12-13 at 07:08 PM.

As a tank, i have found that the combinations of these to things will greatly increase your speed on pulling AND let the dps know which target to cc

First, i made a macro that tells party which targets they are CCing. For instance mage polymorph = star, shaman hex = circle, blah blah. However the only problem with this is that if there are 2 mages in a group then they both try to cc star. so i just tell them by name then which one they're to CC after i hit the macro

Second, i bound all my raid icons to my F1 - F9 keys. Skull = F1, X = F2, Star = F3 so on and so on. It makes pulls much much easier

Edit: also, be curtious to your rogues, have them sap the closest mob so they don't have to try and sneak around the group to sap someone.
    Last edited by heyiamdan; 2010-12-13 at 07:08 PM.