Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I think sap is very strong because it can be performed prior to initiating the pull without the cc'er gaining any aggro, which makes positioning the remainder of the pull easier. Warlock banish is also exceptional in cases where you can use it, because it doesn't break on damage.

Priests get no love on CC?! What about Shackle!
    In Grim Batol regular practically all the mobs were immune to Mind Control which made me really sad b/c I love mind controlling mobs and playing with their skills. =P

My favorite is banish b/c as someone else said it's impossible to mess up or break.

Deleted
    no one mentioned root.
    i like root because its the only CC a tank has..

Here's an awesome trick for any CC situation:

If you have a priest with fear glyphed, have the priest immediately fear everything on the pull. It gives a nice window in which to cast CC's and figure out what's going on. The only time this is disadvantageous is possibly if you're a paladin or warrior and have silenced a caster on the pull, which will now fail to charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbajonny View Post
    no one mentioned root.
    i like root because its the only CC a tank has..
    Well it depends on the mob, but yeah I guess.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Moon = Sheep
    Star = Sap
    Blue = Freezing Trap
    Triangle = random CC (Repentance, Hex, Blind, Shackle Undead, Bind Elemental, Banish etc etc)
    Cross = Kill second
    Skull = Kill first

My preferred form of CC is Incapacitation (Sap, Repentance, Gouge etc)

Because they do not move and keep on looking the same.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sheep gets the win here because it can be spammed. Trap is a close second because it has no mob type restrictions.

Hunter's Freezing Trap is my favourite form of CC. Doesn't break too easily and lasts for a good length of time followed by sheep

Deleted
    Shaman: can call upon elements to hold/freeze/trap his enemy and also turn them in frogs :x
    Druids: Can use plants to trap his enemy. they can also manage to force their enemies to 'sleep'.
    Mages: Can "sheep" their targets, making them harmless. (sheep comes with variety of other critter forms)
    Warlock: can banish demons and also glyphed fear. for pvp, they have an extra cc, succubus.
    Rogues: Sap their targets, making them passive. But dangerous when the area is crowded. when in combat they can use various tricks to disable their enemy to fight.
    Death Knights: Use the power of the ice, resembling the cold death, to trap his enemy in chains of ice.
    Hunters: they excel at traps, they can manage this well. (note: there is some damage in the manufacturing process of a hunter in which 50% of the hunters use a wrong trap)
    Warrior: Can intimidate their foes.
    Paladin: When death is what you're dealing with, then a paladin is at his place. But we're talking about cataclysm, so paladins can't use good cc except the stun they have :/
    Priest: Mind control is effective. also dealing with undead is a plus. They can fear too.

gonna go with Shaman, Mage and rogue here. why? shaman can cc 2 at a time. rogue can distract mobs when in combat. Mages? well, i like their pig and turtle critters :>

also: http://www.wowwiki.com/Crowd_control

Quote Originally Posted by sennzlol View Post
    Fear with glyph is insanely awesome.
    This too bad it's weak as hell in pvp now
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

i love using banish on elementals and demons cus it makes them invulnerable for 20 seconds so the cc cant be broken the only down side is it only lasts for 20 seconds

Deleted
    hex, repentance and sheep.

been running heroics as a feral with a moonkin, mage/retridin and an ele shaman. i LOVE hex.

Freezing trap launcher, hands down.
    Far bigger range than anything else, does not initiate the pull if placed right, works on anything (not sure about this last point though).

Second place - banish when applicable. Main reason: ubreakableness, only downside is rareness.

What is this talk about hunters knowing how to trap? It's not like it's hard. Your options are A. place it and kite a mob over it with distracting shot (silencing shot if marks), or B. throw it on top of the mob for the pull.

Edit: It took me about half a second after hitting the "post" button to come up with the answer of "place it in front of the mob instead of on top of," but I get to CC casters 90% of the time, so that case rarely applies to me =<

I like MC priest ability, the priest begins the battle, the MC'd mob will die

after that, the tank begins and the priest MC another 1 if needed
    specially the healing mobs are quite annoying, specially if the group has 2 healers
    Duel me if u dare! I think your chicken, /duel
    http://snoekje. mybrute. com

15+ Year Old Account
    Sheep, just because it's renewable at any time and works on decent variety of enemies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hex, since you can dmg its alittle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having played a pally for several years I love throwing a circle out there... hey pally repent that please! As far as poly, I'll take a frog please... a lil splash dmg won't break it. I have yet to be able to use a locks "glyphed" fear, no way I want stuff running all over lol.

MC pulling has been fun =)

10+ Year Old Account
    As a warlock I keep having to remind the person assigning the CC that my far is glyphed making it an amazing CC tool with my macro i just set the focus of the target I want to fear and it makes it so easy 20 seconds of cowering in 1 place? hell yes.

15+ Year Old Account
    i'm not gonna say its best or anything, but as a druid healer i've been CCIng a lot more to save mana, root a melee/sleep a beast/dragon while the mage is sheeping one, and u've got only 1 or 2 mobs to heal thru =p, just make sure the tank knows to break ur CC's first =p