Starting up a rogue

I'm new to the class and all I know is they use combo points for bigger hits and crits, poisons on their weps. What spec is best for leveling and what weapons are best for that spec? I'll a noob to the rogue class but not the game, advice would be appreciated.
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally like the assassination spec for leveling, deadly momentum coupled with hard hitting mutilate strikes provides swift and efficient leveling. As for weapons, if you choose assassination, 2 daggers, main hand 1.8 speed (if you can) and off hand a 1.4 (if you can), basically slower in main, faster in off. Poisons (Main: Instant) (Off-Hand: Deadly)

All the above assumes you choose assassination

I personally prefer Sublety for all the little gimmicks it adds for questing. Two daggers preferably, but anything will do once you get Hemo.
    If you're more of a grinder, go Combat. Fast OH and slow MH, standard stuff and weapon type doesnt matter at all.
    Assassination is more for the later levels and has the biggest hinderance for leveling which is being the only spec that REQUIRES you to use a certain type of weapon.

Edit: With later levels I mainly refer to once mobs starts being able to take a few hits.. Once mobs live long enough for you to stack up Deadly poison to properly make use of Envenom, Assassination becomes an unstoppable grinding machine. However untill then, the spec tends to fall short due to its slower build up time, which is usually longer than non-named mobs live outside of Cata content. (Earliest i'd recommend going Assassination for leveling would be Outlands.)
    Last edited by Ershiin; 2010-12-13 at 11:05 PM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines) :-(