Advice for MM v SP - 10 second disarm is insane

Hey all,

I will put my hand up and say I am a newbie at this game but enjoy it a lot.
    Looking for some tips on managing Shadow Priests. Especially when it comes to the 10 second disarm.
    Thats a really slow and painfully frustrating way to die. During that time, I can't FD, Trap, Scatter, Silence or Deter?

Is that right or have i been too newb to pick up on it.

Most classes are fun and I can get my back, however, i simply have no answer but to say "here take my pants honey!"

buy a weapon chain

Do those work for the bows?

Deleted
    They can only disarm your main hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Karakkonor View Post
    And your ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by Karakkonor View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=65545 add in the glyph and it's on a one minute CD
    and your ranged weapon, so unless you happen to be dual wielding you can only hope to punch them a few times if you get close enough. Seems a bit much to me but perhaps I don't have enough pity.

Some advice I have spotted thanks to google is to open with a silence, is this an effective tactic from experience?
    I give I am looking at going on the O Silence (pop CD) SpS, CS, AS till OOF, Readiness, Silence, RpF AS/CoS. is I guess the game plan. Thoughts?

Spriests are incredibly hard to beat right now, it's not just us. Ranged disarm + fear + silence + crazy damage with self healing is really brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    Spriests are incredibly hard to beat right now, it's not just us. Ranged disarm + fear + silence + crazy damage with self healing is really brutal.
    Indeed. Even if you manage to bring them down, they have a habit of dipping into their toolbox and being able to use Dispersion while dots are still ticking away on you, 45 seconds cd glyphed iirc? Ouchies! Even as Disc I've found Hunters an easy class to fight for a long time, with the exception of decent BM and to a much lesser extent, MM hunters.

Both apparently not doing all that great right now. BM in particularly has a pet that can be CC'd while under BW effects, and Hunters have been disarmable under the effects for a long time afaik.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

Quote Originally Posted by Frazzle.d View Post
    Indeed. Even if you manage to bring them down, they have a habit of dipping into their toolbox and being able to use Dispersion while dots are still ticking away on you, 45 seconds cd glyphed iirc? Ouchies! Even as Disc I've found Hunters an easy class to fight for a long time, with the exception of decent BM and to a much lesser extent, MM hunters.

Both apparently not doing all that great right now. BM in particularly has a pet that can be CC'd while under BW effects, and Hunters have been disarmable under the effects for a long time afaik.
    BW no longer prevents fears or stuns... it's so messed up

Sorry for beein a little of topic here, but ppl saying hunters dosnt have aoe? Spec SV and go for SS on targets that are hit with MS. ( 30% of total dmg in impact ) A glyph of serpent sting ( whom you have anyways as SV ) = alot of aoe.