Need help for our guild Priest - Keeps going OOM

Our guild priest, we are a 10 man guild, is having serious mana issues. We ran Grim Batrol for the first time last night and he had to eat after almost every pull and went oom on 2 of the boss fights before the boss was down. He is an experienced priest who always did well in the previous years. I was also pugging a few dungeons early on before everyone else was 85 and had another priest that had mana issues. Is there something we are missing or do we just have to wait until we get better gear? He is stacking spirit. I'm the guild mage and I haven't really had any major mana issues. Forgot to mention he is running as Holy.
    Last edited by mgjr; 2010-12-14 at 02:07 PM.

It's possible the problem isn't with the priest at all, but your guild mates.
    -First make sure everyone is doing what they can to make healing easier, clicking the lightwell, using healing abilities, staying out of fires, using proper CC, etc.
    -Then make sure your tank is using avoidance stats instead of just stacking stam gear.
    -Lastly, make sure your priest knows which spells are the most mana efficient and isn't keeping everyone topped off, but just making sure everyone is alive.

Deleted
    Let him use Inner Will instead of Inner Fire.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Story-Exiled View Post
    Let him use Inner Will instead of Inner Fire.
    This is situational. I find it better to just keep using Inner fire in a lot of cases.

Yeah basically Priest healing is extremely painful atm. What I ended up doing that made heroics even plausible is start making other people use lightwell. Lightwell is ridiculously mana efficient, nearly to the point of being broken.
    Hello. My grammatical and spelling abilities are.... sub-par. Leave It alone, I will try and make my post able to make sense.

Lightwell is the best healing spell in game IF people use it. And to eat/drink after every pull, if there's no CC, yes that will happen. But yea. As was said before, use mana efficient spells.

Also, before I forget... Sometimes, depending on the fight, I swap between Inner Will and Inner Fire during the fight. Since they are only costing me a GCD (Which can't really explode a tank anymore). Place Renew, PoM, and CoH, and go back to Inner fire + Chakra Heal + Holy Word.

Need help for our guild Priest - Keeps going OOM
    I find it better to just keep using Inner fire in a lot of cases.
    there's_your_problem_right_there.jpg

Deleted
    If you are undergeared and i meen i329 IS undergeared, you should use Innerwill. All good players use innerwill, its not situational. 15% less mana for instant spells is realyl great.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjr View Post
    Our guild priest, we are a 10 man guild, is having serious mana issues. We ran Grim Batrol for the first time last night and he had to eat after almost every pull and went oom on 2 of the boss fights before the boss was down. He is an experienced priest who always did well in the previous years. I was also pugging a few dungeons early on before everyone else was 85 and had another priest that had mana issues. Is there something we are missing or do we just have to wait until we get better gear? He is stacking spirit. I'm the guild mage and I haven't really had any major mana issues. Forgot to mention he is running as Holy.

Chances are two things are happening, or at least, one of two things.

1. The tank and dps are not doing what is required on them to make healing plausable. This includes ccing at least 2 targets on every single trash pull, interuppting bosses, and avoiding damage. The reason I bring this up is in doing grim batol heroic last night with my first good group there, healing on trash was an absolute joke when the dps and tank did it right.I only ever drank after boss fights.

2. Healer could be using the wrong spells due to panicking. Renew, Heal Chakra, and Serentiy are usually enough to keep the tank up with an occasional flash. Lightwell takes care of the rest of the heals.

On the first fight it really is a joke. I ended it with 80% mana using no cooldowns. The only raid damage is pulling hte purple guy from the group nad killing it, sending that dot out. That dot is dispellable by priests so in that case, the priest controls that damage. All other damage is avoidable save the damage the tank takes. 2nd boss is a bit more of mess due to impales and the kiting, but still not bad. I did end the fight at 20% mana with all cd's used, but I never really felt like I was in a true threatening situation. Key thing there was that dps don't need to be topped off, but kept around 60%, allowed for maximum group survival.

3rd boss is really easy on healing if two things happen. 1 - add is kited and destroyed fast 2 - You side step the breath. The breath doesn't go a full 180 degrees, allowing you the ability to move to the side o the boss at range to avoid damage.

Last boss is a joke for healing if the dps does it right. You will only be healing the tank, and there are times you just stand there. Casts vortex shit? Stand right where it first appears. No one takes damage. DPS splits dps and downs both adds before they finish channeling. Rinse and repeat.

Deleted
    Inner Will is a must. Beyond that stack spirit and mastery, especially the Spirit proc trinkets and Heartsong enchant. I don't need to drink except before/after bosses anymore because I have so much spirit, and the mastery gives me huge HoTs on my heals, making me much more efficient.

Deleted
    -use Heal+Chakra (Renew, PoM and very less Greater Heal or Flashheal) to keep the tank up
    -don't waste mana on damage dealer whenever damage they take would have been avoidable
    -use each manaregen cd and guardian spirit
    -make sure the tank knows when to hit his oh shit buttons