Need help with target switching

Definitely finding myself hating mutilate for fights where I need to switch targets.

Examples: 3rd boss in SFK and Admiral Ripsnarl in Deadmines. Both of these fights require constant switching around on adds and I feel like I'm hitting like a wet noodle because I can't get anything really started after the initial burst at the pull. I know I have redirect and I use it, but after it's on CD, am I just pretty undesirable for those fights?

Looking for advice (or maybe even a better strat for those fights) since although we've gotten them down, they've been significantly harder at times.

keep snd up and use a /startattack macro

I was gonna suggest keeping SnD up while spamming FoK and Tricks'ing to the tank now and then for a DPS increase for him and better control

definitely do both of those already. I even envenom with 1 CP if necessary to keep SnD rolling. My mutilate button is a macro that has the /startattack command. Still, if your energy is low and you hit the macro, all you're doing is autoattacking with SnD up on the add. Who knows, maybe the other dps I was playing with weren't pulling their weight. I do know those fights are incredibly easy when you have a competent demo lock. Talk about some aoe.

I'm guessing that the hardest part about switching targets in those cases for you is deadly poison stacks. For that my only suggestion is Shiv if you want to rebuild it fast. As an alternative, be willing to use eviscerate. Beyond that, all dpsers are relearning there are times where your dps rises or falls depending on the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Morlandros View Post
    I'm guessing that the hardest part about switching targets in those cases for you is deadly poison stacks. For that my only suggestion is Shiv if you want to rebuild it fast. As an alternative, be willing to use eviscerate. Beyond that, all dpsers are relearning there are times where your dps rises or falls depending on the situation.
    Envenom then switch targets.... if you are expecting a target switch soon then build up 5 cps and wait for change then envenom... buff will put 5 deadly poison stax on ur new target quick stix

Deleted
    Just refresh snd on them with envenom, may be even with little combo points. If you get ruthlessness proc you may also put 1 point rupture on them. When they die you get almost full energy bar thanks to this rupture and you can do the same on next target. Also if you see you won't be able to get energy for mutilate/envenom for refreshing snd you can quickly shiv (it's cheaper than mutilate). You can also restart your snd by using it after mob dies (if you had any combo points on it). As someone else suggested, use /startattack /cast Mutilate macro. It helps for those switches when you have no energy left.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Always rupture first when switching, and keep rupture on everything! Even the tank if you can
    Thrall's Balls

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    must have is a /startattack macro. also keep SnD up, do 1pt ruptures to keep energy coming when add dies, and refresh SnD even with 1pt envenom. shiv the target if DP stacks take to long to build, otherwise, just eviscerate.

i wouldnt recommend using FoK on 2-3 mobs that die within 15secs unless you are using IP on your thrown weapon.

On that fight for that phase I keep snd up while using just 1 mutilate on each add that pops up.