Unable to queue for random Reg Cata dungeon

I just recently started leveling my alt Bear Tank so that I would have an easier time farming skins for my LW main.
    Currently I am halfway through level 82 and I have discovered the entrances to BRC, ToT and SC as I have been leveling. However, from the beginning I have been unable to queue for a daily random Cata dungeon. I get the message that I do not meet the requirements for it. The only way I can do an LFD run is to queue for the specific dungeon itself.
    I have searched for threads concerning this, but have come up emtpy-handed, so I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere, but am I missing something here? I would really love to run a daily dungeon each day while going through this char's slow leveling process, at the very least for some extra JP and experience while trying to gear up a little more.

For starters, check out the obvious. Open up the LFD tool, go to specific dungeon and mouse over the instance you want to queue for. If your gear is not high enough level (average item level) you will see a popup saying so. I think the required level for the starter dungeons is around 276, meaning the average of all your items must be iLevel 276 or higher.

Also, double check that you actually have unlocked the instances and that there isn't a padlock symbol next to them.

I had a similar issue for a while. My gear was high enough but I couldn't queue for the randoms. At the time I was 82 and had only unlocked BRC and ToT. After I hit 83 and picked up Stonecore, I was able to queue for randoms. Not sure if it was the level or having unlocked a third instance, but now I can queue.

Hope some of this helps.

Thanks for the response, I will check the popups when I get on this afternoon. I had just assumed that since I could queue for those instances specifically that there wasn't an ilvl problem.

I found the BRC entrance right away on my lvl 80 DK tank and queued for random in the LFD tool with no issues. Also, my gear was t9-t10, so probably only had an average level of 240 or so at that time. I'm not much help, but something's not right. Possibly you haven't actually found the entrances? I doubt your item level is an issue with the starter dungeons.

If you're grouping with another party member you must both have the exact same dungeons discovered/undsicovered, or it will not let you queue for a random. So my advice is to go around and discover everything, was one of the first things i did on my alt im leveling (didn't bother getting them on my main, I was "racing" to 85, got server 2nd 85 mage. /shrug, but instances weren't the way to go to lvl fast) but for my alt, hell, I'll wind up leveling through dungeons for the lols of it.

Guildie had this, it seemed to be a problem with gear level and avalible instances, the fact you've had it the entire time seems strange but try leveling out of it a little first

Had a similar problem yesterday, I was 82 and was eligible gearwise for all the available instances but I couldn't use the random dungeon option either. Solution was that I had to go discover Stonecore, since I had discovered BRC and Throne but not Vortex Pinnacle or Stonecore. Long story short, it appears you must have discovered more than half of the available dungeons to use the random option, since the only thing different at the time when I could use the option and not use it was having discovered 3 out of 4 as opposed to 2 out of 4.