Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    In a city on the back of a roaming colossus
    The thing is, most of this discussion focuses on the guild xp nerf for questing. How much guild experience does running a heroic with 4+ guildies get you? I don't know, but it's probably more than 30 mins of max lvl quests, which, since they give no experience to you, you get none for the guild. (At least I think this is the case.) If most of your members are done leveling, then run some dungeons together, do things as a guild!

I'm assuming a few runs of heroics or raids a day will easily get you the cap on guild exp, but if they don't: ignore this post.

Edit: Hell, the guild exp from leveling exp was probably just put in in order to keep guilds moving along at the start of cata. It'd feel really wierd to have five quested 85s and still be guild lvl 1.
    Last edited by Vortrall; 2010-12-16 at 12:46 AM.
    "Never judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes, because then you're a mile away, and you have his shoes." - Douglas Adams

Cata is 1 week old.

So you reach the cap 2 months behind the big guys, does it make a difference?

I am in a small guild, it is a small guild for a reason, and it is going to stay that way. No amount of guild exp we do/dont have is going to change it. A guild is a cohesive unit, if guild exp is the deciding factor on whether your guild survives or not you weren't even a guild to being with IMHO.

I like the change, all guilds aren't cookie cutter the same anymore, and it gives you something to strive for instead of logging in 3 hours after the server roll to see that 2 people already capped you out for the day.

Deleted
    why would it KILL the guild? why can this be the reason since the guildleveling wasnt there before?
    THeres been added extra goodies to guilds not taken anything away from them.

What ever is killing your guild now would have killed your guild anyway.

Blizzard could just lower the xp cap you could earn per day instead. simple fix, sad blizzard doesnt allways mind the small people in wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Some people prefer smaller communities. They prefer having a group of close friends that they know really well (either online or in real life), to having a group of 50+ acquaintances that they don't really know all that well.

"Quality over quantity."
    If they prefer that then there isn't a problem. They can't prefer it by very much if they are leaving this smaller close knit group friends for the sake of getting a few minor extras slightly earlier by joining a bigger guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Blizzard could just lower the xp cap you could earn per day instead. simple fix, sad blizzard doesnt allways mind the small people in wow.
    I dont think people understand that Blizzard doesnt want every guild capping every day.

There has to be a line, the line seems to be 10 active members (give or take). If your guild cant hit these number, dont expect to lvl as fast. Are you still getting exp? Yes. So whats the big deal?

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with the nerf is that any guild that is trying to start recruiting members is having a hard time recruiting, because most people want to join a guild that is higher than level one. Example:

My guild is currently myself, three of my rl buddies, and one of our good online friends. We started recruiting and we've had minor success, but quite a few people decided not to join because we are still only level one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypsoaf View Post
    There has to be a line, the line seems to be 10 active members (give or take). If your guild cant hit these number, dont expect to lvl as fast. Are you still getting exp? Yes. So whats the big deal?
    So in your opinion the size of the guild automatically decides how high quality they are and how deserving they are of getting guild exp? This makes no sense as "social levelling guild" can crush the cap in sheer numbers and most of their members are utter retards who backpedal from a boss and get instagibbed by their specials.

And these people ride around in 25 mounts before the "Full content clear" 10 man guild gets them. Pretty "fair", wouldn't say?

our guild has like 14-18 ppl online every day and will still cap it so i don't see the issue here

Seems like ur guild is playing wow for the wrong reasons. So it takes u longer than the big boys, ur still making progress and apparently spending time having fun with ur friends. If their leaving over some perks then they aren't that great a friend in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatz View Post
    Seems like ur guild is playing wow for the wrong reasons. So it takes u longer than the big boys, ur still making progress and apparently spending time having fun with ur friends. If their leaving over some perks then they aren't that great a friend in the first place.
    You misunderstand what I'm saying. We have been attempting to recruit, but many of the recruits leave because they want a higher level guild. There's not much we can do about that. Four or five people can't make the cap every day.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why are people making such a big deal about these guild perks? They're not game breaking.

my guilds level 5 yeahhhhhh!