Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I spend most of the time casting efficient heals. I can regen trough them. Also moving around, ccing, and doing the occasional debuffing or damage really suits my way of playing.

So i totally disagree with the OP. Im having more fun healing than ever. Reminds me of Vanilla. Those were the days... Only thing I dont like so much now are the healing niches that are more or less gone. Everyone has a similar playstyle, and me as a resto druid, i am supposed (or was) to be hotting people, and now i find myself spamming direct heals.

Maybe this changes when better gear kicks in. We gotta constantly remind ourselves that we are still in levelling gear. At least I know I still got a few pieces...

I don't find healing fun at the moment. So I've decided to just tank and dps for the time being. That's my choice.

When I'm tanking i'll pretty much boot any priest healer or just quit the group. They just tend to suck.

Of course Blizz need to take notice. I'm sure i'm not on my own, and their tuning shapes the behaviour of all players. Most will tend to gravitate to classes they have fun playing. It's as simple as that. If Blizz pander to the top 10% of serious players they will end up with a client base of 10% of what they have now.

I'll be watching to see how they further tune the classes, and they will. History tells us this.

Deleted
    All I know is that I hate healing now, I shall ignore all the previous posters that would call me unskilled or whatever. I know I am not, healed for a long time during and before cata, used to love it. Not because it was easy, I found it great fun after playing so many dps, and tank classes down the years.

All this guff about getting smarter at healing from blizzard is getting on my nervs. In guild runs things are not so bad, but in pugs its just plain awfull, the mana pool we have campared to spell costs. Heal is just so boring to use. As for being "in the zone" thats all fine and dandy till some twonk hits the mobs the tank aint hitting/breaks the CC/dont even use any CC, and it all goes tits up in a few seconds, cos even a few flash/greater heals and I am OOM.

Saying that things will get better as the player base gets used to it wont cut it IMO. People are too stupid to care that I am going oom and under pressure. my mainhate atm is tanks chain pulling before I even get chance to hit my "need a M"B macro button.Honest I do not even have to time to loot the things dropping for me from mobs! They want thier tokens/badges/whatever and get out. As fast as poissible. Now healing feels like whack 'a' mole than true intuative decisive healing. Essentially if the dps does everything right I put up chakra, renew on the tank and hit heal. over and over again, with the occasional PoM/shield. Soon as something else happens and i dont keep that rotation up, its pressure all the way

In solo pve i feel like I am lvl 20 again, having to drink after even a trivial fight. No kidding, I was gathering herbs today and a mob was near the herb I wanted, a lvl 84 elemental, and I had to use 67k mana to kill the damn thing! Tis a joke, and truly I feel cheated out of my class. After 4 years of playing all classes I finally found one I did not get bored with when I hit lvl cap. Now i dont know. Wait till Blizzard does somthing else I guess. /sad face.

To the trolls that will come after. Please go back to the cess pit that is the official wow forums. Say something constructive and not derogatory, or do not say anything at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathmaster740 View Post
    Very nice point Flashshield. I used to love healing and I worked my butt off to get my Priest to 85 only to see how bad it really is. OMG I really love all the changes but how can I do my job as a healer when I run out of manna half way through the fight. I had enough of failing at healing so I QUIT! I then went shadow only to find 1 hour Queue times and having to drink after every kill. What a joke having to dedicate a bag just for water. You know what Blizzard, my priest is retired now! I now play my Padadin because I can DPS all I want and not have to worry about manna! Watch out Blizzard as all the manna based classes change to Warriors, Paladins, Death Knights, and Feral Druids . WoW is not about what Blizzard wants it's about what we want!
    Actually, I rerolled to a DK in wrath, because healing was boring in wrath. Yeah, I just shattered your class house. QQ more.

I'm back to my druid now. I'm loving healing. I haven't had a 5man instance for 4 years where I wasn't watching TV and/or taking a nap during the run.

Heroics now are like 45man stratholme back then. With good people and a nice attitude, it's an overcomable challenge and a great experience, but with drooling tards it becomes hell and you want to kill yourself.

Atleast so far my PuG experiences have been that mostly there's 1 bad DPS in the group, and the tanks always seem to behave nicely.

Deleted
    Good groups can always make a dungeon become easy. In my guild, we usually start off heroic trash by ccing all mobs and take them down 1 by 1. This makes for very little healing, and you might be right. Though if you do not cc, most trash will own your arse or push the group to use all cds, go oom, and perhaps a few death. However, in some of the heroics with my guild group, we can actually just AoE all the trash. But this is far from every heroic dungeon. So, ofcourse it depends on gear, experience and skills.

If you really like a challenge, make a raid. It's though, and I won't believe you, if you say you actually did kill a few bosses, and did not have ANY problems healing
    Last edited by mmoc987cc13f6a; 2010-12-15 at 02:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see some people bagging on priest healers and, IMO, holy priests are now one of the most fun specs to play in the game. I recently did Throne of the tides normal on my priest and i absoluetly loved it, from a healer prospective. i actually had to watch people health. I will note that from my limited experience, you cant really wait, as if ones health drops below around 90%, a Heal wont do the job (though this could be that i just dont have healing gear (levling as shadow is cool ) I think we just need people to get into the mindset to take advantage of thier own survival moves (recouperate/ first aid anyone) or more prefereabbly Lightwell. Point is, i love the new healing model and i cant wait to do the rest of the 5 mans, and then start raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of endless polar bear mounts, Iceland
    Hello there, my guild just downed Halfus the Wyrmbreaker today after a couple of hours wipe. And seriously, what_the_fuck are you talking about? "we did atleast play an active role in the raid." you say. Have you healed the Cataclysm raids? I promise you your role will be active enough.
    Last edited by Thruma; 2010-12-15 at 03:07 AM.
    PvP or GTFO.

healing is not boring now, it's just frustrating and that's why a lot of healers will reroll to dps

Some classes should be able to dps and heal at the time. This way is sooo boring. Look at warhammer, there are some superb heal/dps combos like warriror priest who is healing ppl via his dps.

Quote Originally Posted by vilhelm1992 View Post
    or he is secretly chuck norris
    Chuck Norris does not heal, nor tank, nor dps. He wins.
    Last edited by Dostus; 2010-12-15 at 08:09 AM.
    FEAR the slayer of the gods, catcher of the souls, the doomsinger of everlasting sunset, the immortal happy-burn-till-not-even-ashes-remains prophet! The Sunflower!

I would say that the biggest problem with healing right now is the fact that they want you to use the right spell for the job, at the right time i.e. fast heal, big heal, AoE heal, slow heal. But right now you just dont have the mana to use all the spells you need. So i just find myself spamming Heal with Holy word and renew with lightwell.

Which for me makes it more boring than Wrath, just because I cant use my other spells without going oom and having someone possibly die because I dont have enough mana to heal them.

Or, well, yeh, thats just how I feel about it right now anyway. I still enjoy healing though, and it is challenging, which is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by trainwreck
    If they do incorporate Worgen and Goblins as playable races it will be the last straw. I've let my children play this (somewhat evil) game in my Christian household for long enough. These changes will bring a whole new level of evil and Satanism that I can't stand by and let my kids experience. I will be cancelling.

Deleted
    Ok i haven't hit HC yet. Got the last part my gear lastnight. But I am not haveing mana issues as holy where as disc i had major issues. I start of with PoM and put chakra (nice free small heals of echos of light) on then heal. That can keep the tank topped up and if I need to I can cast my free FH. So it keeps me plenty of mana For a situational GH or CoH. You still wont save the dps muppet stood in any AoE effect, but hay ho thats their bad not yours. Im off to do my first Hc's today but I do think healing is more fun and challangeing now, although like wowlk i've changed from FH spam to H spam.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the dumbest thread I have ever seen on this forum and I have seen some classics. You no nothing of healing or priests and are pretty much the most clueless person I've ever seen make a QQ thread.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am a Holy Priest. I find healing fun, now when i get a hang of it...

You should atleast raid before you complain about anything. Heroics are NOT end-game. And i don't think you raid, considering who your guild chooses as classleaders...

10+ Year Old Account
    Healing is back to vanilla fun. I use my whole spell portfolio for the first time in years.

Deleted
    "Healer role is the least active?" I lol'ed.

Never before I had this much responsibility and had to keep all the health bars at a closer look. Never before it was this challenging to decide what heal to use now and if I have the time to drink the 10s 22000 mana potion or just pop in the 10000 intant potion. If you heal properly you won't have any spare seconds at all. If you heal manaefficient you have to heal all the time with low cost heals anyway.

I have so much fun healing heroics that it's only comparable to early BC - Heroics. Wotlk failed me in this aspect.

And people who claim their mana pools are empty halfway through should seriously consider taking a closer look at talent trees or skills they have. Blizz stated that Priests may indeed have bigger mana issues (but even then you can use your Mana-Hymn and skill the shadow fiend for shorter CD and try Holy instead of disc, stack spirit for a change etc.).. but as for the other classes: if other healers succeed in healing the heroics / raids MAYBE it's not the CLASS, but YOU!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, I think healing is the role where you have to be most active like 200% of the time. The life of dps and tanks change so quikly that they'll die if you don't focus 25/7. I have experienced that myself, just looking away for one second to changed channel on the telly and find the tank down on 30% health.

Deleted
    I've managed to heal through all normal instances with only instant casts on my holy priest. It is pretty booring and everytime i start farming instances with it i fall asleep. But i know that when i hit 85 and can start doing heroics it will become so much harder and fun.
    Go do heroics and i'll promise you that you will need to use cooldowns and spam healing and hope for your dps to be good enough.

Deleted
    <- thinks what the OP stated is : when your in an organized guild group in a HC ( NOT RAID ) healing on trash is not so active.
    What I'm thinking he did not state is this : the group had loads of properly executed ccs.
    If you pull a group of 4 mobs and 3 are cced while the -dangerous- one your attacking is stunned ( example, pally repentance + HOJ / rogue sap + kidney ) you as healer, are doing nearly nothing as no1 is taking damage. This is in fact true, unless you are a disc atonement specced priest smiting and getting the mana back from wings on next pull.

However, that means your group did things properly, go in the LFG and see that you'll have to explain to mages that they can polymorph. <- true story
    Go in a raid, you wont get bored.

Healing got a lot, lot better, I played a disc priest as main for the last months of wotlk, spamming bubbles was the most boring thing ever.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brethyl View Post
    However, that means your group did things properly, go in the LFG and see that you'll have to explain to mages that they can polymorph. <- true story
    This overcame me yesterday, a mage who didn't know he had a polymorph spell......

Anyways, i myself have a "hard" time in heroics with guild runs. We can make it, but barely. As many stated the healer role is way more active and more and more looking towards vanilla. Hence why i swapped from my kitty / bear spec to kitty / resto specs.

IMO blizzard did a great job with the changes done to healing, it's not boring anymore
    "Great men do not seek power, they have power thrust upon them."
    "A leader is judged not by the length of his reign but by the decisions he makes."
    "If the tank dies, it's the healer's fault. If the healer dies, it's the tank's fault. If the DPS dies, it's their own fault."