Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nFeF View Post
    Except i'm not grinding for BOA epics i'm grinding for my alchemy mount which blizzard in all their infinite wisdom stuck in your 'just for fun' profession. YOUR end goal might be to just run around digging but if you can't grasp the concept of other people having different goals then you, then you are hopeless.

You probably don't care about server first boss raid kills or getting gladiator from arena but that doesn't mean you get to tell other people that those things don't matter.
    Oh. I remember you. You're the opinionated and insulting "I'm right you're wrong" dude from that thread about the alch mount.

Yeah. Some advice.

Deal with it. =\

Except i'm not grinding for BOA epics i'm grinding for my alchemy mount which blizzard in all their infinite wisdom stuck in your 'just for fun' profession. YOUR end goal might be to just run around digging but if you can't grasp the concept of other people having different goals then you, then you are hopeless.

You probably don't care about server first boss raid kills or getting gladiator from arena but that doesn't mean you get to tell other people that those things don't matter.
    You having a different goal than me doesn't change the CLEAR intent of Blizzard's design. It's quite obvious that Blizzard designed this profession to be time-consuming, and a non-guaranteed road to some nifty items. If we're both in med school, and I want to be a doctor and you want to be a lawyer, do you think you should get a law degree at graduation?

Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    You having a different goal than me doesn't change the CLEAR intent of Blizzard's design. It's quite obvious that Blizzard designed this profession to be time-consuming, and a non-guaranteed road to some nifty items. If we're both in med school, and I want to be a doctor and you want to be a lawyer, do you think you should get a law degree at graduation?
    No I don't, do you think if you want to be a doctor you should have to get a degree in accounting, business, law, and criminal justice before you're allowed to go to med school?

Or maybe you're only allowed 8 hours of med school time a month, the rest of the time you have to run pizza delivery service for minimum wage.

Except i'm not grinding for BOA epics i'm grinding for my alchemy mount which blizzard in all their infinite wisdom stuck in your 'just for fun' profession.
    And this mount is 1.) Supposed to be Rare and 2.) Just for fun. Really, you're just getting butthurt because you have to work for something and it's not dropping right into your hands.

It's a secondary profession. The fact that it even awards a mount at all is amazing. Do you know how long I've been fishing for that freaking turtle mount? Stop whining.

I like when people disagree with you, you cut them down because you have to feel better about yourself. But when you disagree with someone else, they're wrong and your right.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanklin View Post
    Do you know how long I've been fishing for that freaking turtle mount
    Hey look someone else with no reading comprehension. Another name for the ignore list.

No I don't, do you think if you want to be a doctor you should have to get a degree in accounting, business, law, and criminal justice before you're allowed to go to med school?
    Quoted for truth. That is exactly how Archaeology is right now...

You should atleast be able to "specialize" in a certain race. I'm not saying 100% chance to get that race, but atleast a clear distinction. Maybe a guarenteed 1 digsite of the race you "specialize." I don't see how that could affect your "grinding aspect" of Archaeology, and its fair.

Hey look someone else with no reading comprehension. Another name for the ignore list.
    You're pathetic.

No, but I do think you should take med classes that teach you about all parts of the body, instead of just the area you plan on specializing in.

Or maybe you're only allowed 8 hours of med school time a month, the rest of the time you have to run pizza delivery service for minimum wage.
    Uh...what?

No, but I do think you should take med classes that teach you about all parts of the body, instead of just the area you plan on specializing in.
    What if you've already taken that med class 5 times already?

At this point I'm just watching this thread for the analogies.

Deleted
    Great,I am glad I stopped leveling it at 80skill points,now it will be more enjoyable

Deleted
    There are few things left in the game that are long, SOLO grinds, and I was quite enjoying this one.

I don't mind a long grind. It's time consuming and can be relaxing. However, Archaeology as it currently is, is broken, imo.

In short, I spend 88% of my time not grinding towards my goal. I am grinding NightElf artifacts (which I have already completed 10x) in order to have a 12% chance of a Tol'vir digsite to spawn - so that I can grind that and hopefully get my artifact to spawn.

If, for example, you only dug up 1 fragment PER DIGSITE and have to discover 100/200/300+ fragments per artifact BUT could choose which race to research, then the amount of grinding required would be well over triple the amount required now, however you would know that every hour upon hour that you put in, you are moving closer towards your goal. As it is now, I have spent over 40 hours grinding and am no closer to where I started. This is where the problem lays.

Quote Originally Posted by Barawr View Post
    At this point I'm just watching this thread for the analogies.
    Haha, yeah I think it's getting out of hand.

At any rate, if you're crying about Archaeology, hopefully your mommy is around for comfort. In the meantime, go cry on the Blizzard official forums, since your cries here do nothing but annoy those of us that enjoy this game.

---------- Post added 2010-12-14 at 12:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Seref View Post
    What if you've already taken that med class 5 times already?
    This one I couldn't pass up...

Well, if you failed it 5 times, then yeah, you gotta keep taking it.

It`s a hard grind getting that mount, and it should be. But one must admit that blizz could have done a better job of getting progress in Tol`vir. Imo it would be better to increase the Tol`vir spawns, and just decrease the spawn rate of the rares. The way it is now - I have been through all night Elf and fossils commons 2 and three times, allmost all the rares, and still on the first rare in Tol`vir. Yesterday i gathered close to 1100 fragments, and of those, 109 being Tol`vir. frustrating shit, but still - you have a goal, and it` s possible to get.

I have yet to see more than three fragments from each successful dig, but hope it` s true

Quote Originally Posted by Epileptica View Post
    It`s a hard grind getting that mount, and it should be. But one must admit that blizz could have done a better job of getting progress in Tol`vir. Imo it would be better to increase the Tol`vir spawns, and just decrease the spawn rate of the rares. The way it is now - I have been through all night Elf and fossils commons 2 and three times, allmost all the rares, and still on the first rare in Tol`vir. Yesterday i gathered close to 1100 fragments, and of those, 109 being Tol`vir. frustrating shit, but still - you have a goal, and it` s possible to get.

I have yet to see more than three fragments from each successful dig, but hope it` s true
    It's true, just started getting more than 3 per dig.

Deleted
    It's quite obvious that Blizzard designed this profession to be time-consuming, and a non-guaranteed road to some nifty items.
    Another problem is that Blizz isn't rewarded you for the effort that you put in. Once you have leveled Archaeology past 450, it really is pot-luck. I and one other fellow Archaeologist on my server have both been digging for upwards of 40 hours post 525 in search of Vial of the Sands. Both of us have had Jars that have been empty. Earlier in trade, someone was spamming chat with "Recipe: Vial of the Sands WTF IS THIS". He'd got the Jar as his first Tol'vir artifact @ 450 and looted the recipe. He had no idea what it was, he certainly wasn't farming it (spoke with him at length so I can confirm this) and pot-lucked it.

More hours sunk into Archaeology does not increase your chance of getting the item you desire, it only gives you more rolls of the dice.

This one I couldn't pass up...

Well, if you failed it 5 times, then yeah, you gotta keep taking it.
    Haha, yeah I realized that after I posted. But you're right, it is a grind and I'm okay with that.

I'm just not a big fan of RNG. I'm afraid of grinding for 20+ hours and not getting what I want, and someone grinding it for 30min and getting it....

Quote Originally Posted by baggiez View Post
    Another problem is that Blizz isn't rewarded you for the effort that you put in. Once you have leveled Archaeology past 450, it really is pot-luck. I and one other fellow Archaeologist on my server have both been digging for upwards of 40 hours post 525 in search of Vial of the Sands. Both of us have had Jars that have been empty. Earlier in trade, someone was spamming chat with "Recipe: Vial of the Sands WTF IS THIS". He'd got the Jar as his first Tol'vir artifact @ 450 and looted the recipe. He had no idea what it was, he certainly wasn't farming it (spoke with him at length so I can confirm this) and pot-lucked it.

More hours sunk into Archaeology does not increase your chance of getting the item you desire, it only gives you more rolls of the dice.
    Well, more rolls of the dice IS more chances at the item you want.

And again, you're complaining about no reward, when the reward is in DOING IT. The purple is not intended to be the reward in this case. The lore and the enjoyment of the activity is the reward. The purples are just a bonus.

Deleted
    And again, you're complaining about no reward, when the reward is in DOING IT. The purple is not intended to be the reward in this case. The lore and the enjoyment of the activity is the reward. The purples are just a bonus.
    If the reward was the act of Archaeology then it begs the question why they have included such desirable items as rewards. Why put the carrot on the end of a stick if the stick is delicious?

Also, how many times must I discover the same NightElf necklace (up to 16 discoveries of it so far) before I have fully absorbed the attached lore?

I know what you're saying and I think that it is what Blizzard had initially designed, but they are not fools. They know if they dangle epics, people will chase them to the ends of the earth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone confirm if they fixed the Dwarven racial then? If they upped the number of fragments everyone is getting you'd think they would have fixed that also.