Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Or maybe this increase is for Dwarfs only, and the screenshots were from Dwarf players?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref View Post
    Or maybe this increase is for Dwarfs only, and the screenshots were from Dwarf players?
    There was a goblin priest on one of the screenshots.

10+ Year Old Account
    im a night elf druid :P
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

I'm getting more than 3 per dig as a Night Elf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    I'm getting more than 3 per dig as a Night Elf.
    Still the same 3 here on Eu servers

My dwarf is getting 3, 5 or 7 fragments randomly.

Deleted
    What about being a dwarf... You get 6 + additional fragments? I'm farming still and get max 3 like everybody else... while it says you find additional frags. Can anyone tell me more about this?

Explorer Racial Passive
    You find additional fragments when looting archaeological finds and you can survey faster than normal archaeologists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nFeF View Post
    No I don't, do you think if you want to be a doctor you should have to get a degree in accounting, business, law, and criminal justice before you're allowed to go to med school?
    Medical degrees actually count as secondary degrees in US. This means, in order to get into medical school, you need to have a bachelors degree. Even though having a degree in a field that focuses on medicine, such as anatomy and physiology, will help you get into very competitive medical schools, a degree in accounting, business, law, and criminal justice would meet the requirement to enter medical school in US. In fact, having all of the degrees you listed, would probably trump someone who has a single degree in a more medicine focused field.

So, to answer your question... Yes, a degree in accounting, business, law, and criminal justice meet the requirement to get into Med School.

Or maybe you're only allowed 8 hours of med school time a month, the rest of the time you have to run pizza delivery service for minimum wage.
    That's pretty much what happens towards the end of your degree. You have to take jobs that pay less than minimum wage, more like nothing at all, like volunteering and internships, to receive credit and finish med school. Your actual in school hours drop to something like 2 hours a week, or 8 in a month, due to on site training. As an example, check requirements to finish an LPN program in most schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Medical degrees actually count as secondary degrees in US. This means, in order to get into medical school, you need to have a bachelors degree. Even though having a degree in a field that focuses on medicine, such as anatomy and physiology, will help you get into very competitive medical schools, a degree in accounting, business, law, and criminal justice would meet the requirement to enter medical school in US. In fact, having all of the degrees you listed, would probably trump someone who has a single degree in a more medicine focused field.

So, to answer your question... Yes, a degree in accounting, business, law, and criminal justice meet the requirement to get into Med School.

That's pretty much what happens towards the end of your degree. You have to take jobs that pay less than minimum wage, more like nothing at all, like volunteering and internships, to receive credit and finish med school. Your actual in school hours drop to something like 2 hours a week, or 8 in a month, due to on site training. As an example, check requirements to finish an LPN program in most schools.
    If you listen closely you can hear the sound of the point flying far overhead.

Next you're going to tell me that while working med school you have to go back and complete those bachelors multiple times.
    Last edited by nFeF; 2010-12-14 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anomalacaris View Post
    My dwarf is getting 3, 5 or 7 fragments randomly.
    It would appear the Dwarf racial is working now, as us non-Dwarfs are not getting over 6.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you listen closely you can hear the sound of the point flying far overhead.
    I'm just trying to clear up a misconception you have about medical school. It kinda ruins your analogy and contradicts your point. But, I did not take into account that your point can fly. That changes everything, with a point that can fly, everything you said is absolutely correct... lol

Oh, I just saw another point fly by... I think it might have just been lint... lol

Next you're going to tell me that while working med school you have to go back and complete those bachelors multiple times.
    Why would I? That would be completely wrong. But, that still doesn't change that an accounting degree meets the requirements of getting into med school and you have to work for less than minimum wage while only receiving about 8 hours of actual in school education a month in some fields in medical school, like towards the end of an LPN program.
    Last edited by Felya; 2010-12-14 at 06:59 PM.

Just popping in to confim this is true on my server. Just got 5 fossil fragments per dig for a total of 15 fragments in 1 dig site.

Deleted
    Is this 3-6 each digg confirmed on Blizz servers EU? Haven't seen it yet.. or when will it be confirmed

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok, I am now (since 8pm servertime) getting more then 3 fragments per dig. The first was 6, then 4 and 4 again. Happy hunting

Edit: heres a pic

Last edited by chir0n; 2010-12-14 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    You're completely missing the point. The "end goal" of Archaeology is NOT getting every epic available. The end goal is spending your time digging sites. For some of us, that is fun. If all you care about is the purple at the end, this isn't the profession for you. You're far better off grinding heroics for gear and getting into a raid. The epics from this profession will be useless in a tier anyway.

---------- Post added 2010-12-14 at 11:49 AM ----------

I'm guessing the 2 per is still in affect for <75.
    No, you've go this wrong. The "end goal" of archaeology is finding flavorful artifacts, reading about them, and enjoying the lore that they add to the game. Some of these artifacts are rare and fun on their own, which is cool as well, and would also be part of the end goal of archaeology. Grinding is not the end goal of it, it is a means to an end. This profession is in the game to add more lore and flavor...supposedly it was implemented to give players an in-game "encyclopedia" of lore. When you have done every single common and rare artifact for a faction (for me, fossil), and these sites continue to spawn, that is not working towards the end goal at all. I've really enjoyed the profession thus far, but I think it could use quite a few more fixes in the future, because currently, there are quite a few aspects of it that are not working towards its "intended goal".

I actually don't think the change for +fragments is a good one. I don't have any problem with how long the profession takes to level, I just have a problem with it not accomplishing what it supposedly was set out to do.

---------- Post added 2010-12-14 at 07:09 PM ----------

I'm going for Zin'Rokh, and this change is very appreciated. And to the guy who said "Zin'Rokh grinders won't understand", you're wrong. Once you get 450+ Archaeology, you get less Troll Digsites since you now get useless/out of the way digsites like Vash and Highlands. I guess you could try Northrend, or just not solve past 450 until you have alot of frags...

Right now I'm just hording Troll fragments and not solving until I have atleast enough to get to 525 in one shoot, including atleast 13 attempts at Zin'Rokh. I hope that method works :P
    If it helps at all, I got the recipe for Zin'Rokh yesterday at level 524 archaeology. I had already completed all common artifacts for trolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a lvl 525 I´m not getting any extra fragments I´m still just getting 3-3-3 but a friend of mine on the same server is getting extra fragments each dig site,Ive done now 10 dig sites all ways the same 3-3-3 just wondering if it could actually be that we that are at lvl 525 wont be getting any extra fragments?

Can anyone here that´s 525 confirm if there getting extra fragments or not.

EU, Dwarf:

143 Archeology:

6 fragments, 3 fragments, 4 fragments. And this randomly.

This started occuring today, before that it was 3x 3 constantly.

EU Bloodhoof

Quote Originally Posted by Saraki View Post
    NOOOOO! I leveled it to 300 allready and NOW they change it? damn! =D Atleast im not 450 yet lol.
    i got all the way to 525 +3-4 more hours last night and now they change it-_- i will never get that sword
    As a lvl 525 I´m not getting any extra fragments I´m still just getting 3-3-3 but a friend of mine on the same server is getting extra fragments each dig site,Ive done now 10 dig sites all ways the same 3-3-3 just wondering if it could actually be that we that are at lvl 525 wont be getting any extra fragments?

yes i am 525 and i AM getting 6 digs
    Last edited by killerchicken; 2010-12-14 at 07:35 PM. Reason: second quote

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post

Yes, 525 and getting 4, 5, and 6 frags on a fairly regular basis. Just went 6, 6, 6!

Have you tried logging out?
    Last edited by jaimelannister; 2010-12-14 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rat View Post
    Bandaid "fix" implies it was broken in the first place. Care to specify what you mean by that?

Remember, just because you don't like something doesn't make it broken, people.
    But if a week after release it needs a "fix" then for the week it was likely "broken"
    Vol'Jin: ...You be no Warchief of mine!
    Garrosh: *deep breath* I find your lack of faith disturbing.