Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Stand in melee. Use CS.

GG Blizz; turned holy paladins into a melee class. There's a ton of wasted GCDs.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quite heavy cockblow for paladins :/

wow that is some BS /US server

So theoretically with this change it will take a holy paladin ~18 second to build 3 charges of HP vs the 12~ for Prot / Ret (faster due to RNG possibly). Yes we would could get a charge from FoH (which I almost never use atm) and DL (use quite often) but it would then become a "side effect" to those spells.

Stand in melee. Use CS.

GG Blizz; turned holy paladins into a melee class. There's a ton of wasted GCDs.
    I currently do that sometimes already, but then I realized that CS costs 3200~ mana, so you have to judge afterwards to make it "free"

Deleted
    I don't play a pally, but if it is an intended nerfm i completely DISAGREE with it...nerfing holy pallies will not help other healers, for instance priests do better, its just that people haven't learned the new basics of healing yet and are wasting their mana, i'm a resto druid heal, and i'm off to a rocky start on healing, but i'm learning how to do it properly.
    Nerfing paladins WILL NOT fix anything.

Deleted
    If its the case that its not a but im gonna get a bit mad on blizzard.

Not about the change but the fact it just happend with out a notice.

Worst thing is, why do it during raid time, I was like wtf, it was working on the first boss, then suddenly 20% healing nerf the next, without any notice!

Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    So theoretically with this change it will take a holy paladin ~18 second to build 3 charges of HP vs the 12~ for Prot / Ret (faster due to RNG possibly). Yes we would could get a charge from FoH (which I almost never use atm) and DL (use quite often) but it would then become a "side effect" to those spells.

I currently do that sometimes already, but then I realized that CS costs 3200~ mana, so you have to judge afterwards to make it "free"
    It's cheaper than using a 9k mana spell to generate 1 charge of HP. There's absolutely no justification for this knee-jerk nerf. I tried using CS as well; but then realized using HL was just easier and cheaper. Now? It's going to be required.

is this comfirmed yet?
    My Armory

In the begginning there was nothing... Then Chuck Norris Roundhouse kicked that nothing in the face and said: ''Get a job''.
    That is the true story of universe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowittajako View Post
    This change is fine, just add Light of Dawn to Eternal Glory talent.
    I like this idea.

It's cheaper than using a 9k mana spell to generate 1 charge of HP. There's absolutely no justification for this knee-jerk nerf. I tried using CS as well; but then realized using HL was just easier and cheaper. Now? It's going to be required.
    Cheaper yes, which is why I would refer to the holy charge from a DL as a side effect, and using CS would effectively make WoG a 9k heal that heals for 12k the most expensive and worst heal/mana cast

This really cant be intended. If it is then we will just go back to like it was with HL once we get enough mana ragen to spam DL like we did with HL. It will be a nerf til people get good enough gear to spam DL / FoL. This is the most ridiculous thing blizzard has ever done to any class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EndGame View Post
    Gotta agree. If Holy paladins needed nerfing, this was not the way to go about it.

I really do not see how this could be intentional. Don't they leave skill changes to patches? Or during maintenance? I find it rather silly if they considered changing skills and talents while the servers were live and people were playing.

Deleted
    Did Holy Radiance manacost just got 100% more expensive? or am i forgetting how much it cost before?

Ok... I'm gonna sound like a noob... but wtf is CS

Quote Originally Posted by superlimp View Post
    Did Holy Radiance manacost just got 100% more expensive? or am i forgetting how much it cost before?
    What cost are you seeing? Its around 9700 or so at 85.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimed* View Post
    Ok... I'm gonna sound like a noob... but wtf is CS
    Crusader strike.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by superlimp View Post
    Costs the same for me.

Also notice Light of Dawn nerf? From 10k hits to 5-6

This has to be a bug... I am really hoping it is.

HP generation would be stupid slow without it.

The only reason pallies are any good at healing right now is due to the free heals we get as a result of HP building up on our Beaconed target.

Maybe they did want to nerf us, instead of fixing what's wrong with the other healing classes they want to bring us down to make sure we're just as broken as everyone else.

I don't think that's how they intend to balance things, at least I hope it isn't.

I'd also like to think that a relatively major change like this wouldn't be a stealth nerf. They made lots of changes and they told us about them in the latest patch notes. Maybe they left this one out on accident?

Jeez I sure hope this is just some random bug and not an intentional change.

yeah, normally LoD would crit about 12k per person, now only 7.5k for me.