Poll: Were you disappointed in Deepholm?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I dont know what most of the wow community is smoking but Vash was a complete failure just like Winterfail. Worst zone ever.

OT: Deepholm is great, badass scenery, tons of kill quests (prot pally ftw) and good story. I didnt read one quest in the 50 or so I did in Vash cause all I could think was I needed to leave that fucking zone as fast as possible.

I really loved Deepholm visually. As a player that started WoW only a year ago and hit 80 just this summer (lvl 85 now), I have really enjoyed the zones as I have leveled in terms of art (except for the dreary ones like Dustwallow, Desolace, and old SoS). Realizing that someone turned zeros and ones into stunning zones is amazing. What I didn't like is how long, or more specifically how many quests, it took to finish each Cata zone. As stunning as each was, by the 80th or so quest they all lost their appeal to me. I couldn't believe how sick of Uldum I got towards the end, and I love ancient history and ancient architecture. Maybe I just rushed it too much (forgot to /played when I dinged 85, but it was on the 10th and I played only bits and pieces through the week).

How did MMO-Champion know I'm a Keyboard Turner?

Completely disagree. Visually striking and blissfully low on non-WoW lore, Deepholm rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Archipelagos View Post
    Completely disagree. Visually striking and blissfully low on non-WoW lore, Deepholm rocks.
    I... I think I love you.

it's a plane of stone. Stones are slow and dull. -> that's why you don't have chicks, beer, explosions and more chicks in there (for chicks you should go Badlands and hear the story of the day when Deathwing Came). I liked Deepholm. It had it's special feeling. A bit like un'goro in there (simillar circural map), story wasn't bad IMHO, nice looking place.

I was enjoying it just fine until I ran out of quests to do there at 43/125 with one of my toons. I see lots of posts and threads about other players having this issue too, but no one seems to be able to point to one thing that is the common factor or answer the question of whether it is a bug or whether I've missed something with this toon (and if so, what).

Deleted
    Well, for me, Uldum, Twilight's Highlands and Vashj'ir trumphed everything I've ever experience in any game before. Deepholm and Hyjal were amazing too, but those three zones made me feel epic. It was to the point of me going "Aww, over already?" when I dinged 85 tuesday night.

Deepholm in specific though. It was above Hyjal (except for the jousting quest), but I found the three other zones better. However, I really really loved the feeling of Deepholm. It was rather dull, untill I got to the point where I started interacting with Therazane and the Stone Lords. That cave with the bigass worm that'd pick you up and digest you? That was epic. The worm wasn't anywhere near hard, but it gave the feeling of being the "minor force", that you were fighting against something much bigger than yourself, and that every move you made was a struggle for survival. Much like Vashj'ir did, but in a totally different way. When Therazane threatened you? Damn, I was having chills IRL because of that speech. The quest where I put down the stone drake mother, that was one of the funniest quests I've ever seen. If Blizz could only make boss fights that interactive all the time, I wouldn't mind if there were 10 different brackets of raiding with seperate lockouts, I'd do them all just because that dragon fight was so damned awesome. You really felt like you were caught between two massive forces and had to carefully balance your path between them or Deepholm would stumble upon Azeroth and cause a shattering far worse than what Deathwing could ever hope to do.

So far, I love every single bit of Cataclysm and I have not felt so engaged to a game as I am feeling to WoW right now. Star Wars The Old Republic? Go die, I'm married to Cataclysm now.

Deleted
    Chose no cos of one Daily quest from Therazane{ Glop, son of Glop.........takes ages to do due to it already being a quest in the chain : /

I think the main problem is that questing gets a tad tedious after doing it for too long. With both Vashj'ir and Deepholm, I was happy to get out of the places, but in retrospect, I find that both possessed extremely pleasing aesthetic qualities, and (fairly) seamless story-lines. The only place I've really enjoyed DURING the process, as opposed to in reflection, is Twilight Highlands. Wildhammer Dwarves <3

Anyways, I voted yes because I didn't enjoy it at the time, but I feel that it was a cool zone and it had a well-executed storyline.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was probably my favorite zone while leveling. Vashj'ir was too difficult to navigate through quickly, Uldum had WAAAAAAAAY too many cutscenes and cinematics to be much fun, and Twilight Highlands is extremely bland and generic. I like Hyjal and Deepholm quite a bit though, although Vashj'ir is simply gorgeous, even if it is a pain in the ass to navigate.

Quote Originally Posted by Syronicus View Post
    Well I just finished Deepholm on my main after doing Vashj'ir and Hyjal and I was very, very disappointed. The zone, though very visually appealing, seems very bland and boring in terms of quests. The storyline seemed very forced and rushed in some places and a lot of them were generic kill quests. There was nothing really memorable about that zone with the exceptions of a few quests. It may be due to the fact of my high expectations for it however I had high expectations for Vashj'ir and it surpassed it. Was anyone else disappointed in Deepholm?
    I think your complaining, I found the quests entertaining and enjoyed doing them to get closer and closer to that 85 mark. Vash'jir was amazing, from the air bubble, to being rescued, and going to the next quest area and coming up to the land and quest givers in the caves from the water.

Quote Originally Posted by gasattack23 View Post
    I think your complaining, I found the quests entertaining and enjoyed doing them to get closer and closer to that 85 mark. Vash'jir was amazing, from the air bubble, to being rescued, and going to the next quest area and coming up to the land and quest givers in the caves from the water.
    So expressing an opinion is complaining?