Prot paladin spec?

Hi forum!
    I am now level 85 on my prot paladin, farmed lots of normal instances and i started to get into some HCs now to.
    I was wondering tho how I should spec. I am a main tank in a 10m raiding guild, so i would like the spec to be legit for MT's.

If possible, i would like to add survivability/soloing talents, because I just LOVE to solo stuff as prot paladin.

This is what I came up with: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sZGbhfRkdRRucbh

Any comments on this spec regarding changing it would be appriciated.

PS. I took Eternal Glory > Judgements of the Just because I find myself using WoG quite often in HCs, i mean if I have threat on everything and the healer is struggling, it makes his job a lot easier. I have wiped a lot because the healers are not carefull with their mana.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently reside in Japan, lived most of my life in Georgia, USA
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lent/secondary

This is my spec. If you are really bent on keeping eternal glory then I see no problem in that, just gonna have to work around some stuff. I'd say move two points from Rule of Law to Pursuit. The movement speed by itself is worth it, but it is also a decent HP generator. 2 points from GbtL into Judgments of the Just, you cannot assume someone else will be bringing that debuff and it is much more valuable than the weak shield and very minor increase to WoG. Lastly I'd move one point from Hallowed Ground to finish out Reckoning. As MT, your single target threat will also be a big part of your job, and Reckoning just helps in that aspect. I know most of the time threat won't be a serious issue, but sometimes it is, and 3HP Inquisition is a big enough boost to Consecrate, not to mention HoR, HW, AS and Judgment.

My two cents.

i roll with 2 prot specs. i will be respeccing them though so don't go by my armory.

prot spec 1 = Threat
    (currently i have it for AOE with maxed hallowed ground, 1 reckoning and HotR glyph but you could make it single target with 2 Reckoning, 1 hallowed ground and CS glyph)
    http://wowtal.com/#k=-8XdB4zU.a8t.paladin.-4e6Fp

prot spec 2 = self-healing survival
    (also used in PVP, hence the glyph choices.)
    http://wowtal.com/#k=-eT3J97dT.a8t.paladin.R7F7ii

I chose a self-healing build over a pure threat one, check it out: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-healing-build

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm basically using the same builds as Lumidar, but I've got 2/2 Reckoning and 2/3 Rule of Law, because I seem to recal Reckoning being a better talent for threat than RoL. But yeah I find the AoE build great for dungeons, and the Self Healing build is crazy good for heroic/raids and PvP (althouht I've done VERY little PvP so far)
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

i've only done Tol'Barad for PVP so far.

Deleted
    Self healing builds(and i use an 1/2 Guarded by the Light one) are god like for hcs,i've kept myself and others from dieing quite a few times :>

10+ Year Old Account
    http://wowtal.com/#k=CsCHoA0M.a8t.paladin.

is the spec i use. pure threat but i only did guild runs till i left yesterday. Now i might respec for self healing since i dont trust randoms heals

I think about changing my spec a bit, but most of the core abilities and rotations can cover threat or just pick what matches your play style.

I'm really digging prot atm, soloing has never been this fun

10+ Year Old Account
    I reccomend 31/10spec. Cant give links yet coz i dont have enough posts. So ill describe the spec.

Ret
    3/3 Crusade
    2/2 imp.Judgements
    2/2 PoJ
    3/3 Rule of law

Prot
    0/2 imp. HoJ
    1/2 gbtl. Because i dont think the shield is necessary.
    0/2 HG. Consecration has a minor role. I dont think 2 talents are worth to improve it.
    0/2 Grand Crusader. Here is why

We use two fillers in a 9sec rotation. One of them is judgement the other is AS or HW. As>HW no arguments there.
    But this talent gives only a 48.8% chance to replace your HW with AS. ((100-20)/100)^3=0.488

Instead of going AS-HW-AS-HW-AS-HW as fillers you'll go AS-AS-HW-AS-AS-HW (in average).
    In six rotations(54sec) you'll replace one HW with one AS.

Ofc this is my personal opinion. For your play style there might be a better spec.

Currently using: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sZGrhcRzdkRucbG
    A sort of middle of the road build between threat and self-healing.

Once we start moving to outgearing places, I'll probably pull points from the WoG talents to Reckoning.

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    I reccomend 31/10spec. Cant give links yet coz i dont have enough posts. So ill describe the spec.

Ret
    3/3 Crusade
    2/2 imp.Judgements
    2/2 PoJ
    3/3 Rule of law

Prot
    0/2 imp. HoJ
    1/2 gbtl. Because i dont think the shield is necessary.
    0/2 HG. Consecration has a minor role. I dont think 2 talents are worth to improve it.
    0/2 Grand Crusader. Here is why

We use two fillers in a 9sec rotation. One of them is judgement the other is AS or HW. As>HW no arguments there.
    But this talent gives only a 48.8% chance to replace your HW with AS. ((100-20)/100)^3=0.488

Instead of going AS-HW-AS-HW-AS-HW as fillers you'll go AS-AS-HW-AS-AS-HW (in average).
    In six rotations(54sec) you'll replace one HW with one AS.

Ofc this is my personal opinion. For your play style there might be a better spec.
    I don't mean to be rude, but I don't understand how those tight rotations can reflect actual playing performance.
    I'm human and my rotation is not perfect. There are also several situation where I will gladly drop a damaging spell to be able to react quickly enough if I feel that's the case.

IMO these AS or HW scenarios cannot be used to evaluate Grande Crusader because the real strength of AS for me is to interrupt spellcasting and silence most mobs.
    Paladins don't have many ways to interrupt and no other way to silence a target. So being able to use AS more times is usually very helpful.

Please notice I'm not saying Grand Crusader is worth any points or not. I'm just saying I disagree with ipoststuff analysis of the talent usefulness, and tbh I think the decision of getting Grande Crusader or not should be based only on personal preference.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...t-dawn/agetro/

Not sure if linking directly works for me, but I'm 1/2 Reckoning with 2/2 EG. I have almost no problems with Threat unless my buddies decide to go aoe crazy, then its just an inquisition HoR/Conc to get back up on threat. I am pretty well geared for the time being, so that needs to be factored it. For sure, the bonus to WoG, the free HP from PotJ, and procs from GC really come in handy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabiodin View Post
    I don't mean to be rude, but I don't understand how those tight rotations can reflect actual playing performance.
    I'm human and my rotation is not perfect. There are also several situation where I will gladly drop a damaging spell to be able to react quickly enough if I feel that's the case.

IMO these AS or HW scenarios cannot be used to evaluate Grande Crusader because the real strength of AS for me is to interrupt spellcasting and silence most mobs.
    Paladins don't have many ways to interrupt and no other way to silence a target. So being able to use AS more times is usually very helpful.

Please notice I'm not saying Grand Crusader is worth any points or not. I'm just saying I disagree with ipoststuff analysis of the talent usefulness, and tbh I think the decision of getting Grande Crusader or not should be based only on personal preference.
    Its perfectly fine for you to disagree.

I just think the threat output of the talent is too weak to make it worth. And you believe additional utility from AS be it aoe/silence/daze/range makes the talent worth 2 points. Both are valid opinions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabiodin View Post
    To be honest this is how I feel about hallowed ground, I could have two prot speccs but I don't see the need. If you burn Inq, AW and Conc on a pull it gives brutal threat as it is and it is very rare I have found a need for that anyway.

Grand crusader proccs are useful when mobs spawn mid combat, when someone accidentally brings additional mobs into combat or when you want to generate above average threat on multiple mobs - In addition to being very handy for interrupts, however I have often found relying on proccs can be fatal so I mainly use them for threat.

Taunts can do some of this but not as well and I always prefer to pick mobs up with damage as opposed to taunting if I can.

edit:typo