Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grammar View Post
    If your argument had any validity, Herald, it wouldn't be 3v1. As it stands, no one agrees with you, and that is indicative of something pretty significant.
    This is how weak people think. Not even trolling; this is the most ignorant thing I've read tonight.

Yes and I said people can get confused and overwhelmed sometimes so they come to sites like mmo champ to learn about their class and ask questions if they are confused like the OP. Not everyone has the instinct to go from tooltip to tooltip to figure out the rotation (I don't even) so they go looking for help. Providing vague answers doesn't help people who get overwhelmed, stressed or confused.
    OP asked for a priority system, not a confirmation on when to use FeS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herald View Post
    Exactly, I told them the actual priority as opposed to what move I think they should use.
    Except it's not the actual priority, the priority isn't just about creating death runes, it's about using a specific attack to use certain runes and provide certain bonuses. In the case of a single target encounter you need to use up blood and frost runes, create death runes and extend the life of your diseases and hence the priority is to use Festering Strike. In an AoE encounter you don't need to create death runes because you're not going to be using scourge strike nearly as much and you can happily leave your blood runes as blood runes and use them for Blood Boil. To use a priority rotation that had you creating death runes as a fairly high priority during an AoE fight would just not be the optimal route to take.

The single target priority system uses FeS, the AoE priority system isn't anywhere near as concerned with creating death runes.

This is how weak people think. Not even trolling; this is the most ignorant thing I've read tonight.

Um yes it is because you can overwrite and waste death runes if you FeS to early. So saying when to use FeS helps contribute to the priority. You should FeS when you have 1 blood and 1 frost up not when you have death runes up.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Um yes it is because you can overwrite and waste death runes if you FeS to early. So saying when to use FeS helps contribute to the priority. You should FeS when you have 1 blood and 1 frost up not when you have death runes up.
    Now this assumes the player has no idea what Death Runes do. All of this is valid information, however, none of it was asked for.

Except it's not the actual priority, the priority isn't just about creating death runes
    Yes it is. FeS only exists to create Death Runes and extend diseases until OBrk is off CD. Why do Unholy DKs use FeS? They use it because it extends diseases and creates Death Runes. Why do they want the Death Runes? Death Runes = more Scourge Strikes.

Now this assumes the player has no idea what Death Runes do. All of this is valid information, however, none of it was asked for.
    People make this mistake all the time. On when to use the deathrunes and on what.

This is how weak people think. Not even trolling; this is the most ignorant thing I've read tonight
    Ignorant of what? How is this ignorant? You had enough faith in people to say that the average person is smart enough to figure things out on their own. If these people, who you were defending, then condemn your argument, it shows me that either
    A: These people aren't intelligent, in which case I was right to spoon feed them what to do, or
    B: These people are intelligent, in which case they sided with me and, therefore, your argument is flawed.

Also, one more time.
    I hear Ad Hominem wins arguments.

Deleted
    Yes it is. FeS only exists to create Death Runes and extend diseases until OBrk is off CD. Why do Unholy DKs use FeS? They use it because it extends diseases and creates Death Runes. Why do they want the Death Runes? Death Runes = more Scourge Strikes.
    If it creates death runes AND extends diseases (which you need to do until Outbreak is off CD) how can it be just about creating death runes? Either the priority is to solely create death runes in which case you can use BS or Pest and IT on your spare frost rune or it's to create death runes and extend diseases in which case you need to use FeS. In the case of a single target encounter the priority when a blood and frost rune is available is the latter and as such FeS is the only choice. And when you're doing AoE encounters the need for death runes is a far lower priority and you should be using your blood runes on blood boil and using IT with your spare frost rune.

Ignorant of what? How is this ignorant? You had enough faith in people to say that the average person is smart enough to figure things out on their own. If these people, who you were defending, then condemn your argument, it shows me that either
    A: These people aren't intelligent, in which case I was right to spoon feed them what to do, or
    B: These people are intelligent, in which case they sided with me and, therefore, your argument is flawed.

Also, one more time.
    I hear Ad Hominem wins arguments.
    You've created a paradox here and it's trolling at it's prime. However, the context is different and so your post falls flat on its face.

To answer your question, it's ignorant to believe you're right just because someone else said you're right as well as ignorant to believe you're wrong just because someone else said you're wrong.

Obvious.

Please, explain how this is a paradox.

Besides, what do you have to verify you're right? The common consensus is that I'm right, and that you are not. Even if that is an assumption, it's more evidence of my being correct than you have.
    Last edited by Grammar; 2010-12-15 at 06:30 AM.

Please, explain how this is a paradox.

Besides, what do you have to verify you're right? The common consensus is that I'm right, and that you are not. Even if that is an assumption, it's more evidence of my being correct than you have.
    You must be American...

You must be American...
    So you accuse me of ignorance, and then make this remark?
    You're calling ME the troll.

ANY validity of the accusation of ME being ignorant is gone with that remark.
    Last edited by Grammar; 2010-12-15 at 06:34 AM.

Deleted
    You must be American...
    Well if you've finished with the veiled personal insults perhaps you'd like to explain why it is you believe you're correct when your 'fixed' priority system ignores half the reason FeS is used in single target encounters and is plain wrong for AoE encounters?

So you accuse me of ignorance, and then make this remark?
    You're calling ME the troll.
    I'll explain. You seem to under the impression that quantity is superior to quality. This was the ignorance I was talking about and is also a classic American character trait.

The paradox you presented was:

- If people side with me it, it proves the opposition correct which in turn proves me wrong which causes people to side with the opposition which would prove me right and cause them to then side with me which would etc, etc...

But that assumed the context of student to teacher and vise versa as opposed to the context of peer to peer.

Aren't you all wrong? Shouldn't Scourge Strike come before Festering Strike/Death Runes in priority? That is what you're making the death runes for, isn't it?

If Festering Strike/Death Runes came before Scourge Strike in priority, then you'd use your death runes to make more Festering Strikes/Death Runes.

I'll explain. You seem to under the impression that quantity is superior to quality. This was the ignorance I was talking about and is also a classic American character trait.

The paradox you presented was:

- If people side with me it, it proves the opposition correct which in turn proves me wrong which causes people to side with the opposition which would prove me right and cause them to then side with me which would etc, etc...

But that assumed the context of student to teacher and vise versa as opposed to the context of peer to peer.]
    Quantity is superior to quality? Are you implying that your opinion is more valid because you are superior?

We are all "peers" as you said. Under that assumption, we are all equals as peers, correct? Being that none of us hold any more authority than the rest, the only reasonable way to gauge the success of one's argument is not the "quality" of the people who take sides, but rather the quantity of people on each side.

Edit: Also, that paradox is not appropriate for the situation i presented. I was simply stating that, since people sided with me, it meant one or the other of your two points was incorrect.
    Last edited by Grammar; 2010-12-15 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Aren't you all wrong? Shouldn't Scourge Strike come before Festering Strike/Death Runes in priority? That is what you're making the death runes for, isn't it?

If Festering Strike/Death Runes came before Scourge Strike in priority, then you'd use your death runes to make more Festering Strikes/Death Runes.
    Festering strike if you have no death runes in single target rotation and you use your death runes on SS. Try not to overwrite death runes with festering strike on accident.

Quantity is superior to quality? Are you implying that your opinion is more valid because you are superior?

We are all "peers" as you said. Under that assumption, we are all equals as peers, correct? Being that none of us hold any more authority than the rest, the only reasonable way to gauge the success of one's argument is not the "quality" of the people who take sides, but rather the quantity of people on each side.
    Or to know that I'm right because you've all made the mistake of advertising the means as the ends.

Or to know that I'm right because you've all made the mistake of advertising the means as the ends.
    Giving vague answers hoping that people would get what you are trying say does not make you right. It makes you vague. In fact it took you 3 pages of posts to just clarify what you meant by your first post.

Also making people think for their answers is not bad, but people come to this site asking questions and expecting straight forward answers because they couldn't figure it out on their own.

And it happens to all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Giving vague answers hoping that people would get what you are trying say does not make you right. It makes you vague. In fact it took you 3 pages of posts to just clarify what you meant by your first post.
    It took me two pages to clarify to you what I meant. I knew what I meant and I knew why it was right.

Thank you now for admitting you understand why I was right though.

Deleted
    Oh boy, another thread turned into Herald vs Zito!

Grammar's first post summed it up pretty well. Although I think Sudden Doom Death Coils have a pretty high priority, I don't really know. I only tank on my DK these days.