Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerforce View Post
    Because they can? Every great pvp player is gonna use every tool available, but why would you use everythin at your disposal if you can kill people with pressing 1 button? Biggest noob or biggest pro, if they had a choice, spamming 1 spell or using 29 spells, both ending in killing people within 5 sec, the choice is obvious.
    I believe he intended, and was completely correct, when he stated this. Because they don't spam frostbolt. They spam ice lance like the good mage they should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    Bolded line proves you how clueless you are in PvP or you are just playing hunter very casually. Since widow venom cost much if you want to squeeze it already on the costly MM rotation, second thing there is no respected arena team/rated BG team will ever leave your widow venom on them so you aren't going to benefit from it.
    More widow venoms you are fire > more steady to compensate > stale pressure on enemy = you'r useless on your team.
    Nope, your wrong! You dont need widow venom on the target to get Chimera's self heal.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=53209
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueguy View Post
    I believe he intended, and was completely correct, when he stated this. Because they don't spam frostbolt. They spam ice lance like the good mage they should be.
    Quoting for truth. I see no reason to bother costing frostbolt when icelance crits harder, and I have innumerable methods of critting with it (Frost Nova, Shattered Barrier, Cone of Cold [lol 6 seconds], pet nova (plus the 2 charges of fingers of frost), Circle of Frost, and, of course, Deep Freeze).

Deleted
    Lol love how many replies this guy has done to this thread and all of them of stupid.

Guys. Keep it civil, please. This thread is getting too close to flaming for comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by siaro View Post
    Stop QQ and get over it, it happnds.
    It seems to happen a disproportionately large amount of the time to hunters though, and you know why? Because no one of importance at Blizzard mains a hunter.

Well

This is PvP ain't it.

Good PvPers actually are decent. Bad Players are fodder.

This.

Posts should be constructive, please and thank you. -3clipse
    Last edited by 3clipse; 2010-12-15 at 09:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter pvp success...

1. Get a healer.
    2. Get a Monkey
    3. Get engineering. (works only for reg. BG ofcourse)
    4. Put ice trap and disengage into 1 macro. Same applies to feign death/snake trap - (works wonder if you have Sv talent entrapment.)
    SV btw. More control. Sustain damage. Descent Burst. Downside, no self heal. Unless if you have pocket healer.

All in all, i like hunter pvp. Its fun especially with AotF.

While I do agree Hunters could use a little bit of buff to be at par with some other classes, I think part of your issue is two-fold. One, you're probably not using a pet with a fair amount of utility. And two, you might of caught a few bad groups and hit a bad streak. Some classes I am more skilled at than others, but skill means nothing if there a lot of weak links in the group.

Not fine. I know how to play. Would like to be on competitive teams. Fix please.

Thanks.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, if you think Hunter pvp is hard, try enhance shaman pvp. Aspect of the fox allows you to regain focus while moving, making kiting far more viable than in the later days of wrath. As for being roflrolled by every class you face, you said it yourself that you're not that good at pvp so it will take a learning curve. Don't give up so easily.

Honestly, if you think Hunter pvp is hard, try enhance shaman pvp. Aspect of the fox allows you to regain focus while moving, making kiting far more viable than in the later days of wrath. As for being roflrolled by every class you face, you said it yourself that you're not that good at pvp so it will take a learning curve. Don't give up so easily.
    The difficulty is not the problem, it hasn't gotten harder just different. It's the fact that we just aren't a viable choice at all in comparison to other classes for arena or rated bgs. Not saying we cant rock but why add a hunter to your team when there isnt a single thing we can do better than any other class. Plus you can be as skilled as ever but the fact that my highest hitting shots at 85 hit lower than they did pre-focus is really a bit demoralizing.

Sure it isnt impossible to pvp as a hunter, but its definately nowhere near as fun as before. just drop your hunter down to an alt and play a prot palli for all your dominating needs.

the problem with hunters is that our skills got replaced, but not fully compensated for, while other classes just got more and more stuff

i know we already have a billion skills, but without dragonhawk, we lost the chance to actualy dodge, viper is just gone with focus.

now i know we all have a few tricks up our sleeves if a melee gets beside us, we can snare and root and even stun with BM, but the problem is, that over the years, other classes ALSO got things to keep up beside them, and now we just dont have enough stuff to keep up with all the snares,/roots/stuns we get, its not that hunters arent good,its just that other classes slowly get more aqnd more things to get to us.

and aspect of the fox is silly, we can move, but every melee class has a way to slow us almost, so runing away is only useful if there NO ONE NEAR YOU since your aggro mobs or players the more you move, spelling your own doom.

and any range caster can hit us from the same range we can hit them, so they can go full DPS with casts, while we are stuck with sub-par instant casts.

and the chimera heal can be done without any requirements, but 5% ea 9 secs wont really save you vs some doting caster, and if the enemy got you in melee range, you cant heal, you have to find a way to get away before you can get your shitty heal.

we need a 2nd scattershot that does a frontal cone pushback with a slow(daze), i mean ive said it before, why is it that the ONLY class in the game that cant do damage in melee DOESNT get a pushback? do moonkins really need their pushback? no, dont they get an armor buff with moonkin making them close to mail armor?

WTB aspect of the mole: you take on the aspect of the mole, reducing your attack range by 20 yards(or something) but you have no minimum range, but you move 10-20% slower, you also gain 18% dodge and using raptor strike reduces your damage taken by 20% for a few seconds.

NOW every hunter would NEED to switch aspects, hawk for casters and further opponents and kiting, mole for being able to damage in close range, reducing damage taken, but not being able to kite very well.(thus taking full dps from the melee

maybe a spec could be more oriented on this aspect, making it a semi melee hunter bent on dual wield or something.

and the mobs in twilight highlands seem to run faster than me hard to kite :T

My belief is that Blizzard has engineered Hunters to be the utility class of WoW. As a result, we have bigger issues when working by ourselves; I don't think those issues can not be overcome, but I think it'll take some time and effort to overcome them.

EDIT: I like the Aspect of the Mole idea, just because it's a great name
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, what have we learned from this thread???

Nerf Frost mages!

But on a serious note, maybe they should give hunters an out of combat heal.. like the Warlock got. Why not? Hunter is into nature, like a woodsmen, every woodsman is going to know how to forage for food, use herbs and fats for healing, etc. I think a similar ability to the Warlock would be just fine, no?

any range caster can hit us from the same range we can hit them
    I miss hawk eye was very very useful when combined with proper cc, but could be easily countered with LoS as it would give them time to heal while we got back in sight

Quote Originally Posted by frejborg View Post
    But on a serious note, maybe they should give hunters an out of combat heal.. like the Warlock got. Why not? Hunter is into nature, like a woodsmen, every woodsman is going to know how to forage for food, use herbs and fats for healing, etc. I think a similar ability to the Warlock would be just fine, no?
    Can't we eat out of combat?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

PLease!

Can someone close this thread it ruined my morning my hunter is bad ass, I can't help but to think of how many hours went into working on cata and the new hunter focus it's ashame the players don't take much time to admire the work and encourage positive feed back. Bliizzard does there best at babysitting every class mind you once in awhile one class gets loose and dominates but that only makes us have to be challenged harder and in the long run makes you a better and more respected player.

GG

-Kaztel
    Horde Korgath

Can someone close this thread it ruined my morning my hunter is bad ass, I can't help but to think of how many hours went into working on cata and the new hunter focus it's ashame the players don't take much time to admire the work and encourage positive feed back. Bliizzard does there best at babysitting every class mind you once in awhile one class gets loose and dominates but that only makes us have to be challenged harder and in the long run makes you a better and more respected player.
    for starters you aren't being forced to read this thread (interweb) and its just voicing legitimate concerns in hope of some answers, which im sure have been helpful to some of the people reading this.