Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed killed magmaw without any problems with mana. Sure used fiend, pot and hymn, spirit flask. You were just doing something wrong on that wipe tries. Dps sucked on worms, tank not enough geared. That means ZOMG they gonna die SPAMSPAMSPAM. That will actually not save your mana.

If the raid/heroicDung group is doing fine (Moving from stuff, CC properly, Doing tacts properly), then your mana will as it should be for the fight ( just fine ).
    Last edited by Vashi; 2010-12-15 at 08:32 AM.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    ok we pull i ill already have chakra active, renew the tank, precast heal, if he doesnt get hit ill cancel and recast untill he gets hit, it lands, i use serenity, then its heal heal heal heal untill damage is exceeding the heal output, then its onto serenity gheal.

its funny you call me bad, even after ive played a priest probably befor you even knew wow existed.

that or you just have prenerf palas carrying you.
    If that isn't working then the problem isn't yours.

The only time I struggle is when a tanks health drops so quick that all I can do is spam Gheal and then go oom, but that's down to a bad tank. Other than that you should be fine as long as long as the group is doing it right. Drect the group to CC etc.

Deleted
    Ive quit my priest cos I hated Chakra. It seemed to me to add another layer of complication to the class yet only boosted healing to around that other classes get for free. Now that some of you are 85 can anyone tell me if i was wrong - is it as bad as i thought?

I also thought 10 second CoH and PoM was a bit of a nerf too far too.

true ive only put a collective 4 hrs into both boss fights, there was some fail that could be avoided, again my personal gripe is not with the class the regen or even thinking that we need buffs, my problem is that im not finding it fun to play anymore, whatever they have done to priests has taken away what fun there was and added even more headache. i want to have fun playing my class, not rely on everyone else to play good just so i can achieve that.

edit: i dont mind chakra, i like that there is a mode to either 'ok i want to group heal chakra' or 'ok im on single target duty' but your on the ball its just fluff. or rather more buttons to press.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2010-12-15 at 08:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don´t enjoy priest cuz others fail, so your mana goes to hell?
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

didn't look to me we had such mana regen issues, sure is tight at times but other than that, i felt it was fine as long as i properly used my cds. just hope they won't buff it too much.

Triumph without peril brings no glory. that says it all.

Buffs? Why, dont take the challenge away, damnit!

Quote Originally Posted by Gradywhite View Post
    I'm doing... remarkably fine. You honestly just have to get gear and learn to manage your mana properly, using *EVERY* mana cooldown available to you, including PI'ing yourself on cooldown, using lots of Inner Focuses with reduced cooldowns from Train of Thought, shadowfiend early on in the fight so you can use it twice, and using it in coordination with Hymn of Hope for maximum mana regeneration. Using a +300 spirit elixir is a huge boost as well, and using your mana pots efficiently is the way to go. When you can, maximize Rapture procs, such as on the Argaloth fight where the entire group is going to take massive, expected damage, where you can get multiple rapture procs from his cone attack. Playing smart is the way to go, not asking politely for buffs.

---------- Post added 2010-12-14 at 09:44 PM ----------

Additionally, casting Greater Heal can be just as efficient as casting heal when used in conjunction with Inner Focus/Train of Thought.
    Rapture got nerfed and can only proc every 12 sec. So one aoe attack which consumes all shields will give you one rapture proc.

Did Conclave of Wind as Disc. First time I stepped foot in Blackwing Descent it became painfully obvious that Holy was better. So switched to Holy and had a lot less mana problems, while putting out more healing. It's really sad though, cus I hate Holy and love Disc. Chakra is such a stupid mechanic.

To the post above me: you are wrong, dead wrong. While rapture does have a CD of 12sec, simultaneous shield breaks still result in multiple mana returns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I try healing again then

Oh, ok didnt realize this. Then it rocks of course. I love disc aswell, but holy is just better because disc can only use its advantages on predictable damage, which is kinda hard in most situations.

We are not complaining about healing, only priests being the worst healer class.. EVAR!

I am Priest - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    im running out of mana using the correct healing rotations renew,heal,serenity > heal heal heal (big damage)> serenity gheal rince repeat till oom. how does this mean ppl need to 'l2play' ive said this before, i have played my priest as both disc and holy for 5 years now(although i didnt play much of wrath due to life), and i am having problems having fun playing as a healer now, so i still need to 'l2play'? seriously get a life, since if i can put 5 years into wow and still need to 'l2play' thats not even remotely true. the game has been so dummed down since tbc they have shaved off tons of the game and or dummed it down so its accessible to new ppl, well thats been done countless times. ppl saying 'its almost like it was in vanilla' well im afraid it isn't raids consisted of alot more players alot more fail buffer alot more downtime and wanding for mana. tanks didnt have more than 12k hp and bosses barely did hits exceeding 3-4k. its basically just flipped in numbers.

example tanks now have say 150k hp, bosses land say 15-20k hits, which is no different to having tanks with 12k health, and being hit for 1500-2000 consistently. on the other hand healers used to get say if i remember wayyy back my flash heal used to crit for about 3.5k in t1, all that has changed is the regen, but the methods of regaining mana are atrocious. there is no more 'oh ill just stand here and wait for it to come back' because it doesn't work like that.

mana pools never used to go much past 8k-9k, heals costing rufly 500-600 mana(or less), just scaled into bigger numbers. so you get the expensive heals, the non existent regen, less healers per raid, more overall damage to everyone and heals themselves haven't scaled much at all from lvl 80. we've gained a few 'lol' abilities but none of them really turn the tide in a fight they just prolong them for maybe 20 seconds to 1min. im not bothered about the overall whining, theres nothing stopping me just grinding some hit gear and switching to shadow, what im annoyed about is i really enjoyed healing through classic tbc and early wrath.. we get to now and its just frustrating, the fun has been sapped out of healing and replaced with even more headache than was there to begin with. tanks and dps just stand there mashing buttons untill bosses die, healers stand there mashing buttons untill the group dies while im sitting there yelling at my pc because i dont have the regen or healing speed or throughput to keep a group or raid alive taking unmitigated unavoidable damage for a whole 5 mins, while popping cooldowns may give you an edge during hard times in a fight they dont make it easier or less difficult they are just there to press so you have something else to press while you mashing 3 heals. im sorry but l2play lols if only this was the actual problem.
    The lack of punctuation gave me a headache.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rohendar View Post
    To the post above me: you are wrong, dead wrong. While rapture does have a CD of 12sec, simultaneous shield breaks still result in multiple mana returns.
    He is absolutely right. Rapture will only give you one manareturn every 12 seconds, regardless of how many shields got popped.

i flunked school.. so sue me, my point made sense i hope. thank god for the built in dictionary i have, there would of been really bad typos aswell. you know theres only 1 b in bandit right? .. pfft all you had to contribute to my post was my punctuation what are you the internet grammar police?
    Last edited by Heathy; 2010-12-15 at 09:12 AM.

Deleted
    wtf.. this is the start of the endless nerfs to make cata easy ?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jakobboegsted View Post
    We are not complaining about healing, only priests being the worst healer class.. EVAR!
    Honestly, on every fight im like first in metters and with 5 epic piecec, including spirit/int gems and spirit enchants i starting to do not have mana problems at all so it's only a gear matters why we're (you're) worst healer ever, im feel kinda powerfully healer
    http://spamheal.wordpress.com/

SpamHeal – Restoration shaman & not only Blog
    Shaman mechanic, theory and practice blog.

You all seem to be missing the point of WHY. Yeah, congrats you have no mana issues you love it it's awesome. The reason they're buffering priest mana regen is because compared to the other healing classes, their mana regen is not as good as theirs. To put it another way to make it sound worse than it is, if every tank but warriors has an extra 2% dodge, why play a warrior or invite them to a raid unless they're not prot?

You're making arguments about "l2p" and a bunch of senseless, childish stuff to glorify yourselves, well no one cares. It might be "fine", but in terms of mana regen, every healer should have similar regen stats. This has been a problem since the beta, it is a problem that has been known and it's about time it's been fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradywhite View Post
    I'm doing... remarkably fine. You honestly just have to get gear and learn to manage your mana properly, using *EVERY* mana cooldown available to you, including PI'ing yourself on cooldown, using lots of Inner Focuses with reduced cooldowns from Train of Thought, shadowfiend early on in the fight so you can use it twice, and using it in coordination with Hymn of Hope for maximum mana regeneration. Using a +300 spirit elixir is a huge boost as well, and using your mana pots efficiently is the way to go. When you can, maximize Rapture procs, such as on the Argaloth fight where the entire group is going to take massive, expected damage, where you can get multiple rapture procs from his cone attack. Playing smart is the way to go, not asking politely for buffs.

---------- Post added 2010-12-14 at 09:44 PM ----------

Additionally, casting Greater Heal can be just as efficient as casting heal when used in conjunction with Inner Focus/Train of Thought.
    you fail to realise that yes we can just about do our job.. I ask how many times as the boss dropped wiht you at 0% mana and half the dps dead and the tank at 20% hp.. or fell back on the amazingly useful Spirit of Redemption at 20% on the boss and pushed the healing to get him down .

We are substantially worse in regen than the other healers, which makes our output suffer as we must push more Heal and less Greater Heal although G heal is actually significantly more efficient than heal, but uses too much mana and identifies the mana issues.. cast one and see the slow regen.. cast 5 and then try to fill your mana back up by not doing anything.. see? empty your mana bar then use shadow fiend.. see? Cast hymn of hopeless.. see?

you are stating that we must elixer up to just do dungeons.. tbh i go in elixered up, well fed and even pop my campfire just pre pull and yeah my regen is slow :P.. with gear yes it gets easier.. much much easier after having squeezed out a barely adequate healing routine with bad gear. You forget once you get there with bad gear you forget how hard it was once you got good gear.

And please remember if there is more than 100 posts saying there is a poblem.. there generally is one... or they are paladins.

---------- Post added 2010-12-15 at 09:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darkist View Post
    Honestly, on every fight im like first in metters and with 5 epic piecec, including spirit/int gems and spirit enchants i starting to do not have mana problems at all so it's only a gear matters why we're (you're) worst healer ever, im feel kinda powerfully healer
    Screenshot or did not happen.. top of meters? you are kidding yourself and i call you a liar..

Deleted
    I am having no problem with my mana, most fights I don't even have to touch a single mana regen cd nor drink after the fight is over as I am still at 70% or so mana. Sure enough, I haven't yet done any heroics, but I am having no issues to heal normal unless tank pulls WotLK style. Even then using flash, GH, aoe heals + using mana cooldowsn it's doable. I enjoy that I have to think how to cast my heals more efficiently and I hope it will stay that way.