Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Priests are entirely dependent on their group to be successful.
    Priests were unintentionally MORE dependent on their group to be successful than other healing classes, and were being viewed as an inferior healing class as a result. Blizzard noticed the problem, then fixed it. It's really as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiyah View Post
    In the actual case we're talking about, after the pally nerfs, there would have been 2 choices. Nerf druid and shaman mana regen a little bit, or buff priests a little bit. That is not enough of a difference to make a case for time sensitive priorities. It is FAR more likely that while things seemed to be ok in beta, in practice, they have misjudged things a little bit and have adjusted accordingly. And that's exactly what happened.
    It is, and it isn't.... I agree that over the scope of things, it means little "between classes".

I do agree that misjudging and adjusting is what happened, and my intuition is telling me they should have adjusted in the other direction, but hey that's just me. And a large portion of my pseudo-hysteria is taking this as severe ill-omens, simply because we can't go back to that hellhole that was 3.x content. *twitch*

Back-on-topic: Druids had Revitalize gutted, what, a month and a half ago? Touching this talent again, even in the slightest, would likely make any druid question whether it was even worth it anymore. It's a very hard line to draw on that source of regen.

But what the frak did they do to Shaman?! I mean, seriously. For all this "balancing," I've yet to see anything either referring to them in a positive or negative note (apart from my guildies when they get in a terrible pug)

Seriously, have they simply not been touched, and Shaman made the baseline, instead of Priests?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Lazy != time sensitive priorities.

Bads still can't heal content. How many posts on these boards do you see a day that say "I don't use heal, it's slow and heals for nothing" but yet complain about mana issues? Blizzard didn't confirm comments were justified. They confirmed they were sick of dealing with this crap.
    And this is simply a FALSE statement.

A really bad pally COULD heal through heroics even if the team was lousy.....
    A really GOOD priest struggled even on good teams.

I dont care how they balance the healers if in the end the healers ARE balanced and they gap between their perfomances was INCREDIBLE HUGE.

If EVERY healer is equally welcome in a raid and none is favored because its way easier to play and better in perfomanc... THEN its balanced.

If they nerf the other classes to bring them on par with priests i am fine, but they decided to buff priests instead to even the field.

And as for your crusade for a harder more challenging game.

DO THE HEROICS IN GREENS OR NAKED because its EAYS to make it HARDER but hard to make it easier......
    You want challenge ? Try to get a raidlead to invite you over a fully epic pally or druid or shaman while you compete in blue gear, then you have a challenge and can prove how a "Great" player is still as good as a "bad" one despite the equip..............
    Last edited by mmoc67a88798a6; 2010-12-16 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    On the contrary, actually. They usually get called out on it, but it's quite rare that someone gets a ban unless lines are crossed. I mean, look at Nocturna.
    In fairness, I got banned a week ago because I said an imaginary add-on that tattles on other players in a group might make the user sound like an elitist bastard.

And in fairness, there were definitely a lot of threads that needed to be locked on the subject and as a former moderator on two separate forums (years ago) I can understand how easy it can be to get an itchy trigger finger on the lock button after a while.

But I can see Samurai's point, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiyah View Post
    Priests were unintentionally MORE dependent on their group to be successful than other healing classes, and were being viewed as an inferior healing class as a result. Blizzard noticed the problem, then fixed it. It's really as simple as that.
    A Druid was unintentionally more dependent on their group to be successful than other healing classes, regarding their dependence on heal over time spells that are either slow when applied reactively, or expensive when applied proactively, and they had just as many issues with lack of CC/Interrupts/People taking too much damage as Priests did.

Deleted
    I'm a holy priest - please dont buff me! My class is finally challenging ffs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tbh I would kill if the only added regen ability was innervate. Shadowfiend and hymn is "nice" but not reliable enough to be an actual regen mechanism; Shadowfiend risc dying, stop hitting the enemy in the middle and go stand next to you for no reason whatsoever, or basicly not regen anything at all even if you don´t cast during - and hymn as said may go to all others than you due to the way it works...

Anyways - I´m currently also one of the people (disc) who pretty much has to sit and drink on every or every second pull (depending on instance) though just having started heroics - blame time to play due to school - my gear isn´t the most perfect, so alot of the time its oom and then flying on fumes through some bosses or just barely getting through at all (and yes you can probably add alot of other factors to that equation , but its still good to hear they still work on our mana regen).

Well the first half of your post is your biased opinion that you've been spouting for 8 months now, concerning healing clothies being a waste of an invite. I'm not sure whether to be impressed, or fear for the future of society from how little you take from threads, when your posts haven't improved since then (despite the times you did cross the line). And again, you only compare your Paladin to your Priest, not to a Shaman or a Druid (which were also suffering compared to Paladins, but omg must be priests wrong) I might be inclined to say you're better on your Paladin than you are on your Priest, even without factoring in a "skill cap" into either?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturna View Post
    If EVERY healer is equally welcome in a raid and none is favored because its way easier to play and better in perfomanc... THEN its balanced.
    This is impossible, because biases will always be present. What fits better in certain fights (try a Druid or Discipline Priest on Chimaeron), certain group compositions, raid leader biases... there is no 100% balance, there is only "close". And as long as that variance exists, "close" will mean that "top guild doesn't use <x> so that means they're bad".
    And as for your crusade for a harder more challenging game.
    DO THE HEROICS IN GREENS OR NAKED because its EAYS to make it HARDER but hard to make it easier......
    You want challenge ? Try to get a raidlead to invite you over a fully epic pally or druid or shaman while you compete in blue gear, then you have a challenge and can prove how a "Great" player is still as good as a "bad" one despite the equip..............
    Or the game should be challenging for every class, like healing was supposed to be. "You should get an invite because you're good at what you do. Not because you bring <x>"

A higher skillcap is rewarding to those that push it harder, no matter what class/spec you play.

And I've wiped good pallies, even my guildies, by doing stupid shit. Hell, the last Throne of the Tides I did, I ended up causing a few wipes by screwing things up in shadow spec for our Holy Paladin that totally outplays the frak out of me. They can't "carry" a group either.

Gratz, you whined and got buffed, when realisticly its an L2Play issue, i run heroics in the group, Surv hunter, 2 CC's Warlock 1CC most fights, Warrior Tank DKdps and disco preist, and the preist only ever gose oom after lyk 5 packs, mayb more, and its not lyk hes oom, he drinks so he knows if a WTFHOLYSHIZZ moment were to occur he could handle it, the problem is not with your class, but with the idiots you play, i understand that if the retarded warlock stands in the fire and takes 82% of his HP and damage and you have the heal him 6 times to restore that at x amount of mana that your going to go OOM, dont heal them, i never have done, if people are prepared to b a scrub n stand in the fire, am prepared to b scrub n not heal them,

But, thank you for crying for 3 years the game inst hard, and now u cant roll ur face accros ur keyboard and see everyone at 100%hp and have 30% mana at the end of a fight, ITS TO HARD. NERF CONTENT BUFF PREIST BUFF ME, SINGLE BUFF MY LIFE SO I CAN LICK WINDOW AND HEAL HEROIC, TYPLX

See Paragon(?) have already killed Nef 25man, and you think your class is broken because YOU, cant heal heroics.. this stuff gets dumber n dumber each day..

That right there... that was crossing lines. Consider this a warning.--Kel
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2010-12-16 at 03:36 AM.

I'd be sad if they did nothing seeing as priest is the only class that has 2 healing specs...

Ye, now can you please whine like fucks on blizzard that resto shamans is broken aswell? I can't even heal through Grim Batol because my heals doesn't heal enough or I just go oom. And in raids i am lowest on healing and got like half of my mana left when the other healers are oom. Sure my mana management is better, even though I spam heals all the time. But if I can't compare with the other healers, what can I do about it? And it's stupid too waste mana with bigger heals that will make me oom really fast or overheal. It's against my playstyle. And because of it I won't get into the raids we currently do, because well, the other healer classes are much better than Resto shaman. Even the SUPER NERFED hpaladin, and the little boosted priest that still whines. But atm druids are prefered in atleast our guild.
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ealar/advanced

Raid Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/pappahealar

Guild Website: http://www.excesse-guild.net/ (Dismissed and seized raiding early 2011, March.)

lulz

Quote Originally Posted by Alta87 View Post
    You sure a quitter, surprised someone even bothers picking you for a raid spot, giving up on the first wipe /= Toughen up. If other people can make it work, why cant you?
    Says the Pally who's been coddled by Blizzard since Day 1 of WotLK. Can't wait to hear your QQ over on your forums.

Nothing even remotely useful is coming of this conversation anymore, it is simply badgering back and forth.

The game has been changed.

We must now adapt.

Those of you who disagree, please voice your opinion respectfully and in a literate manner on the WoW forums, those of you who agree, do the same, but this has simply gone on too far, this thread would have been locked long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by gotpriest View Post
    but this has simply gone on too far, this thread would have been locked long ago.
    I was content with letting it fill up until it died out in the most vile manner as it fades away.

Until the class war arguments. I may have instigated that myself by bringing up Resto Druids to bring a point, but I concede that this thread does need to end before that goes any further.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hurumph.

Honestly, I would rather have an actual output number tweak than a regen tweak. I guess I'll just change my gemming / spirit gear grabbing around after the buff.

edit: Oh snap, this thread is locked! Looks like I took too long reading