Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    What i've noticed is that people feel they deserve to be clearing Heorics.

Just like there are two difficulty modes of raids, there are two difficulty modes of 5 mans. If heroics are too hard or taking too long, you might want to consider the fact that you are better suited to normal modes, both in 5 mans and in raids.

I spent 2 hours in Heroic SFK with a grp with around 333-340 avg ilvl
    I enjoyed every second

"Remember there is always something cleaverer than yourself"

Deleted
    Usually the queue takes longer then the instance (or heroic) takes..

Quote Originally Posted by Colphus View Post
    It has been out a week, a lot of people don't even have it yet due to school. This will last a few more weeks.
    True! Cataclysm dropped right in the middle of finals for me, and a week before finals for some friends of mine in law school. Whereas i have time to jump in and play since i only have to worry about is my job, and not school, i would imagine anyone who tried to jump into heroics instances during finals week will either fail classes or fail instances. That said, I dont know why anyone who had finals last week or this week would have the time to get to 85 and get geared up unless theyre incredibly smart dont need to study for classes.

I must say it people are crying a lot about heroics considering they have been out for only what? eight days now. I've been using my ridiculous free time running most heroics every day since release and improvements even among pugs are greatly noticeable. Ran a H HoO a little while ago bear (me), lock (destro, guildie), frostDK (guildie fresh 85 this was his first heroic), spriest (pug), holy priest (pug). And we managed to clear in under an hour with only one wipe and that was to trash no less.

If you have the patience to give it a shot I've even run a 3 guildie 2 pug group through H VC in under 90 mins. In two more weeks I bet you will see the dungeons down to the 45-60 min mark Bliz seems to be currently aiming at. Just have the patience to let those around you learn the fights if you don't feel like it yourself. Then when they carry you through at least be kind enough to pay attention that time so you can pass the knowledge on when you get a bad group the next time.

I don't know what's worse, that people are whining that content isn't boringly easy, or that people are still surprised that their queue as a DPS is 45 minutes.

---------- Post added 2010-12-15 at 04:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    LOL, yes I have. And what constitutes a "real" vanilla raid? Because I was in that timesink called Naxx 40 man that made the time wasted in MC/BWL seem like a short nap. I mean what purpose did trash serve other than an artificial barrier to progression? Why is that needed in 2010 still?
    Trash is needed because an instance that just throws a few bosses at you and calls it a day sucks. ToC sucked for just that reason. Don't be mad that you don't just get to skip to dessert.

---------- Post added 2010-12-15 at 04:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Charsi View Post
    What i've noticed is that people feel they deserve to be clearing Heorics.

Just like there are two difficulty modes of raids, there are two difficulty modes of 5 mans. If heroics are too hard or taking too long, you might want to consider the fact that you are better suited to normal modes, both in 5 mans and in raids.
    It's a classic "sense of entitlement" issue. People with no right to demand anything think that they somehow deserve instant gratification like it's their god given right to have things handed to them.

I'm glad the new instances aren't steamroll easy yet. It is far more fun this way.

Quote Originally Posted by luccadeo View Post
    I'm glad the new instances aren't steamroll easy yet. It is far more fun this way.
    A hundred times this. Wrath heroics were already boring for me before Ulduar was even out. Even with gear the mechanics of these heroics should be moderately entertaining for a while to come.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember before LFG tool, sometimes you took hours to find a group for the instance you wanted? Sometimes, it took ALL DAY.

The time now for an instance, is fine. The DPS queue is high apparently.. but that's another issue.

Dear everyone saying Blizzard subscriptions are going to go to hell,

Cataclysm sold 3.3 million copies in the first 24 hours. WotLK sold 2.8 million, which means that MORE people wanted to play cataclysm than people wanted to play WotLK. Blizzard also hit another subscription milestone on october 7th, hitting 12 million. The game's growing, and statistics are showing them that they're going in the right direction.

It's a common misconception that there are more casual game players out there than gamers who don't mind spending 5-12 hours a day playing a game. There are more of them, sure, but it's not like it's a 90:10 ratio. There are tons of people out there who loved Vanilla and the fact that it took over an hour to clear UBRS, not to mention the large amount of stuck up gamers who love when not everyone can get what they can get. All those people want to play Cataclysm.

Blizzard will lose subscriptions when they start bending to the nerf cries and disappointing everyone who so very looked forward to the difficulty level of Cataclysm.

As others have pointed out there is alot to do. Do normal dungeons. Do dailies. Play alts. Level professions. Do battegrounds. My advice for the time-pressed/impatient is just wait. Get fully geared from non-heroics. Run a few easy heroics with your guild/friends. Then step into LFD. They are very appropriate and doable right now, since they won't ever get harder, we can't expect it to be this easy A WEEK after release.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury II View Post
    Are you aware we are playing Cataclysm?
    For the win!

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Dear everyone saying Blizzard subscriptions are going to go to hell,

Cataclysm sold 3.3 million copies in the first 24 hours. WotLK sold 2.8 million, which means that MORE people wanted to play cataclysm than people wanted to play WotLK. Blizzard also hit another subscription milestone on october 7th, hitting 12 million. The game's growing, and statistics are showing them that they're going in the right direction.

It's a common misconception that there are more casual game players out there than gamers who don't mind spending 5-12 hours a day playing a game. There are more of them, sure, but it's not like it's a 90:10 ratio. There are tons of people out there who loved Vanilla and the fact that it took over an hour to clear UBRS, not to mention the large amount of stuck up gamers who love when not everyone can get what they can get. All those people want to play Cataclysm.

Blizzard will lose subscriptions when they start bending to the nerf cries and disappointing everyone who so very looked forward to the difficulty level of Cataclysm.
    You could just as easily look at those numbers and say more people bought the new expansion after the ease of WOTLK.

Honestly I think Blizzard will lose some subscriptions no matter what they do at this point. What is interesting is that after slanting content heavily towards small guilds, low-skill players and a PUG approach in wrath, they are heavily pushing larger guilds (sorta, other than the 10/25 change), high skill players, and a premade approach in cata.

Just about everyone's playstyle has been out of favor at some point over the last few years, and WoW has been out so long many of them won't ever check the game for changes after they cancel.

Quote Originally Posted by Eirangel View Post
    This is truth people.

But within weeks, few months, it be toned down again for the casual's. Soon it will be WRATH again. Honestly, I think i enjoyed wrath launch, more than I do Cata. I'm sick of dragons... Dragon this, dragon that. Enough dragons.
    It's a game based in s fantasy world....one of the primary staples of that is dragons...and elves...
    Both aren't going anywhere so maybe switch games?

BRD pre tbc at the apropiate lvl anyone that was tough.... Same liek BG's. Anyone up for a 6 hour AV? were u had to quest to summon thebig boss to even have a chance of winning? Oh good o'll days of vanilla wow.

Trash clearing harder then some bosses was way more fun to )

At first I was really enjoying how long it took me to do Heroics, how tough everything was now. But lately I've just become fatigued with them, I can't even bring myself to do my daily Heroic because I have the gut feeling that I'll likely get a bad group and be stuck in there for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Boralis View Post
    BRD pre tbc at the apropiate lvl anyone that was tough.... Same liek BG's. Anyone up for a 6 hour AV? were u had to quest to summon thebig boss to even have a chance of winning? Oh good o'll days of vanilla wow.

Trash clearing harder then some bosses was way more fun to )
    I had a 14 hour AV once, was quite amazing.

Rofl, seriously?
    If you only have about an hour to play, you should be playing something different than an MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by levitate View Post
    No, they're not too long. This is how they should be. They were too long in Vanilla and pretty perfect in TBC, whereas in Wotlk they made them into miniature dungeons that weren't fun at all. Finally they've reached a good middleground again.
    This, basically. I am really happy with the instances and the pace at which I have been doing them. The first few times are difficult and they all need to be learned.