Prot Pally damage in 5 mans normal & heroic

I am finding that I top the damage meter pretty much all the time in 5 mans. I do have some DPS gear mixed in with my prot set as the RNG has been a bitch for me so far.

I can't really work out if I am doing uber damage or if the DPS just haven't got to grips with new rotations / mana management. I do get up to 16000AP with trinket procs and buffs so I should do a bit of damage, I just expect pure DPS classes to be far out in front.

Anyone else found this?

Also has anyone else had a problem with the aura you use being reset to nothing on? I have noticed a few times that I set devotion aura for example to find a few minutes later that no aura is set. Only seems to happen in 5 mans.

Deleted
    Since your gear inst very good yet you will take alot of damage and there for proc "vengeance" alot wich makes u do more damage. This passive bonus is implemented due to your threat will not scale as much as the dps damage so later on it will help us maintain aggro.

I play Resto Druid, an I run with a prot warrior as my tank from my guild, when we get the dps as pugs, he (tank) usually tops the dps charts, I think it's because of the aoe damage you can do, the rest of the aoe's typically done have gotten a lot weaker.

Lol the law of unintended consequences strikes again

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Prot Paladin, I am topping meters in dungeons, heroics and raids. On Halfus today, I did 23K dps. Granted, I did tank Halfus and the whelps, but I still outdpsed everyone.

the word is vengeance, with poor gear and whilst taking a lot of damage from heroic trash packs as well as from bosses, vengeance will stack quite high and you will do crazy ass damage. expect it to scale down a bit in heroics once you are geared up, but you will probably be doing the same dps on raid boss fights as thats what vengeance was intended for all along

Deleted
    It will change, and to be honest even though my mate (prot pala) who I go with heroics alot is above other dps...I will kick the dps. If I and my buds can do more dmg with same gear as a random person I don't see why a random person should be in my group.

If I see a player is doing best he can but just ain't geared enof to do the right dmg, than I just let him go along with us...we all need to start somewhere.

Whoa, lots of ignorant comments about Vengeance in here. It isn't going to change significantly. It isn't "going really high cuz ur takin lots of dmg". It IS capped at 10% of your health.

Tank damage is high because tanks are benefitting from Vengeance right away, and doing lots of AoE damage. Meanwhile, the DPS are largely limited to single target, short-lifespan targets (where you can't work up a full rotation like you can on a boss) or significantly weakened AoE spells. There is nothing wrong with being below a tank on DPS in trash pulls in current 5 man content. It's far more important that you are interrupting, CC'ing, not pulling aggro, etcetera.

Sarac, way to directly contradict yourself.