Thread: Bleed nerf?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The good thing i take out of this nerf is that, people that were good as feral in wrath without the broken mechanic will remain good, and pull the most dps they can, while those new ferals that would just put the bleeds up, and go bear form and/or move away, will either adapt and improve their gameplay, or the numbers of players playing feral druid (cat) will remain low and it used to.

Every time blizz nerf things we see new thread in the nerfed class forum. Druids are saying that they are ok. The one who fight them is saying they are OP.

Blizz see stats for all world, you see only yours stats. If your bleed ticks for 6k its your path, 10k ticks are reported all over the world though

Deleted
    Guys, this was a bugfix not a nerf. Rake was getting the bonus from mastery twice.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    So you killed a feral druid in 3 seconds yet HE was the one who was overpowered, not you? WTF...
    Spoken like a true Warrior imo

Yeah, I'm a bit biased.

Bleeds are always going to be controversial - as there is no way to dispell them.
    From a PvP point of view: high damage, undispellable dots present a balance issue that is not well handled by current mechanics.

From a PvE point of view, this -is- a nerf. Feral DPS was basically on par with other classes with the "OP-Rake", and now lags significantly. This is something that should have gotten caught in testing.

Deleted
    And... yeah, another ability "fixed" so that PVP boys can go cry about someone else. Then someone else. Then someone else.

Meanwhile, in Orgrimmar:
    "Sorry about that dude, but your 12k dps does not cut it anymore. Everybody is pulling 16k on the boss, and we need that to have a chance. Maybe you could go back to heroics and farm yourself a moonkin gear?"

I don't even play Cats, but seriously, it looks like a last minute fix without even a proper compensation for PVE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodata View Post
    And... yeah, another ability "fixed" so that PVP boys can go cry about someone else. Then someone else. Then someone else.

Meanwhile, in Orgrimmar:
    "Sorry about that dude, but your 12k dps does not cut it anymore. Everybody is pulling 16k on the boss, and we need that to have a chance. Maybe you could go back to heroics and farm yourself a moonkin gear?"

I don't even play Cats, but seriously, it looks like a last minute fix without even a proper compensation for PVE.
    If this will be a real problem then feral will get a buff just like priests did today. TBH I'm really satisfied with the balancing in the last couple of days. They buffed those who needed a buff, nerfed those who needed a nerf and fixed a lot of bugs. Some of these bugfixes may cause balance issues but I'm sure they will be addressed.

Deleted
    Isn't Rake ( w/o mastery bonus ) supposed to be similar damage like Rend/Diseases/Deadly Poison?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    Isn't Rake ( w/o mastery bonus ) supposed to be similar damage like Rend/Diseases/Deadly Poison?
    No. Bleeds are the main source of a cat's DPS.

Deserved nerf imo. Rake was hitting way too much.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Bugs must be fixed. Sucks its our class now, but if it was Rend or SW:P, we'd want to see it fixed also.

Now, when will Blizz realise it is about time for haste to work on physical dots..

Deleted
    Indeed.. haste is so bad for ferals atm

If this will be a real problem then feral will get a buff just like priests did today
    rofl.

Blizzard's record of fixing class balance issues is very spotty. Ask an non-healing shaman about how long it took to get their DPS sorted out in WotLK, but don't be surprised to hear "we are hoping it is fixed in cataclysm"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Violencia View Post
    I posted about this before. Bleeds for Druids were broken, and apparently it took a new Arena season for Blizzard to finally get around to fixing it. The screwed up thing is that it took so long for Blizzard to even admit that there was a problem. How many other Druid abilities are hiding broken mechanics like this?

Also rofl at the "we needed to prepare" posts. Are you kidding? You knew your bleeds were doing way WAY too much damage. Why pretend that you were clueless about it? Let me guess, you really thought YOU were that good. Paladins suffer from this same mentality. Look at their recent nerfs. Numbers don't lie, even if players lie to themselves.

ps, I won't bother to reply to your pointless rebuttals. There is no rebuttal for being fixed. Commence butthurt druid responses.
    Actually, our dps wasn't high at 80, many other classes had crazy dps, so bleeds often worked out for the worse in a group.
    At 85, it was seeming a little high, I was out dpsing mages in heroics by a few k, but then again, I was melee and had to put up with the constant aoe/running out in my face.

Now I'm actually quite happy with this nerf, in the past blizzard have gone too far every time feral has been doing well and blanket nerfed us then left it that way for the entire expansion, so if anything, I'm happy with the result, hopefully we wont be a free HK this expansion, unlike every other.