Where for you farm for Volatile elements?

I'm trying to find a good spot to farm for Volatile Fire, Air, pretty much all of them. Has anyone here found any good spots yet?

You can fish for Volatile Fire in the lava near sulfuron keep in Hyjal and cannon's inferno in Twilight Highlands.
    Don't know about the others though.

I get a lot of air from skinning as an engineer, and a lot of water and fire from fishing in Deepholm for lavascale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Life always as a herbalist.
    Water can be farmed with fishing in 80+ zones.
    Fire can be fished in lava pools in 80+ zones.
    Earth can be mined from minerals.
    Air can be difficult, and don't really know if there is a farm technique, but you can always get it from wind elementals.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lots of Volatile Earth from Deepholm elementals.

My engineer/skinner with a Electrostatic Condenser has gotten the best results for Air drops. My eng/herbalist not so much. Fishing for Water/Fire is decent, though they recently hot patched a couple zones where you used to be able to fish Fires, like at Sulfuron Spire in Mt. Hyjal so you can't anymore. Mining in and of itself has yielded me the best drops for Fire/Water while prospecting Pyrite is a great way to get Earths, 1-3 per 5 ores prospected. Running Vortex Pinnacle is a good way to get Airs especially if you form your own group and ppl are cool with you getting them all. Basically without a gathering proff you're stuck with grinding mobs, which doesn't seem like a really good way to farm Volatiles, except for possibly...

Potion of Treasure finding while doing nothing but grinding packs of mobs, such as the packs of bats and ravenger guys in Deepholm resulted in many treasure boxes some of which included Volatiles. For the 1 hour of using the potion I ended up with about 5-10 Volatiles of each kind, 6-7 stacks of Embercloth and 2 boe blues. Sorry, too lazy to put in links.
    Last edited by Evilest; 2010-12-19 at 07:05 AM. Reason: additional info

Quote Originally Posted by Lotice View Post
    You can fish for Volatile Fire in the lava near sulfuron keep in Hyjal and cannon's inferno in Twilight Highlands.
    Don't know about the others though.
    Supposedly this was hotfixed. If you can still fish up volatile fires than don't expect to for much longer.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...nk#new_comment

Halfway under professions.

Deleted
    I farm my Volatile Fire from Twilight Highlands near The Maw of Madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    Supposedly this was hotfixed. If you can still fish up volatile fires than don't expect to for much longer.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...nk#new_comment

Halfway under professions.
    If I remember the quote rightly it was they removed fishing up fires from anywhere besides the pools. You'd expect pools of fire to yield fire, no? But it has to be from the pools.
    Last I flew by there there weren't many, so you may be better of searching elsewhere.