Entangling Roots

How reliable is Entangling Roots for cc ?
    I mean - it does damage, thus I see the spell as self-breaking(?)

I quite like the spell in PvE, especially w/ cc becoming more important.
    Yes, it's only useful against melee mobs, but:-
    * the spell has no target limit compared to other cc
    * has no racial limitation (not limited to beast/humanoid/dragonkin/etc.)
    * duration is quite lengthy

its good for CCing melee units, and it doesnt self break.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty reliable against melee mobs I'd say, though it should be reapplied regularly or the mob killed as the first of the CC'd targets. Mine usually holds long enough for 1 focused heroic mob to go down, and maybe a second. I actually never checked in this weeks heroic runs but with only 30 seconds duration it could very well be that it holds for the maximum duration most of the time. I never actively check for the time remaining, I just growl when I see an entangled mob brak loose
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find it quite reliable and helpful especially during heroics runs where CC is lacking/slacking. As a healer, it makes me feel even more useful...

Deleted
    Shame you can't cast it in feral form.

Quote Originally Posted by farmergiles View Post
    I didn't get infected wounds simply so I could get 3/3 furor, and allow me to throw thorns on the tank and entangling roots or hibernate on mobs before shifting, and not having to wait for energy regen.

I have Entangling Roots glyphed in both Resto and Boomkin specs, and use it religiously in both Heroics and PVP.

It's an effective CC for melee AND when glyphed can be re-applied easily. If you want to help out your group a little, when a tank wants to pull 5 mobs in a trash pull (CC 3 and Tank Skull and Cross), just Root the cross, assuming it's a melee, halves his damage taken only for 1000 mana. Means Heroics can go a lot faster.

what do you mean by "it has no target limit" you can only put it on one mob. you can have 4 mobs rooted with natures grasp, but that requires you to get hit.

Currently it is better than fear in both pvp and pve.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

Quote Originally Posted by farmergiles View Post
    You can cast roots in any form, but it will bring you back to normal stance. Which btw is fine because if your planing on rooting normally your next CC would lead to a quick cyclone right after (seen many times in arena)

Quote Originally Posted by Penatar View Post
    Currently it is better than fear in both pvp and pve.
    Fear however, stops you from casting... which means it can be used against caster classes in both PVE and PVP, where Roots is only good against pure melee.

I use it all the times in heroics, but it fails when the healer goes and stands next to the melee mob I rooted...