Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Angry Shadow Priest AOE state

I really dont understand blizz concept we got a really hard nerf in Mind Sear and for me that was kind deserved.

But why the first boss in Blackwing called Magmaw need a huge aoe to kill the adds then i lost my spot in 10man because i coundnt compete in aoe dps with the others dpsers.

I was doing half of our hunter dps in aoe even with him using frost trap.

Blizz can you fix it? i cant multi dot because of the spell costs and cant compete in aoe because my only aoe spell is a crap

Sorry my english

I have to agree with this, im not one to whine unesseserily, but AoE as a Spriest is a joke now, i do more damage dropping shadow form and spamming Holy nova at a massive mana loss xD.
    However, (i havent started raiding yet we plan to very soon) is the AoE that nessisery on the encounter that all Dps need to be spamming it? surely theres something wrong there as (if i remember correctly) Cata is supposed to be about Single target and CC etc
    Sux that u got kicked Imo, it shouldnt be that classes are more favorable that others over things like who has the best AoE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most DPS classes have a talent that spreads their dots. IMO Some talent u already spec into should spread SW:P to all the targets it hits if its on your primary target... But thats just me. (Aff lock with empowered seed.)

Agree with dawawe dont need to buff Mind Sear(let if for adds with low life dont know if with the state of game HP this will happen but never know)

but give us an option like spread our dots because if you try to multi dot then will just finish your mana in one add wave

and yes this boss on first phase is all about aoe adds without let then get on raid pile

Mind sear has pretty much become obsolete, they nerfed it into the ground. You should probably pick up an offspec for aoe healing if you don't want to be sat for fights with a lot of adds.

Deleted
    I 100% agree with this, the initial first tick on mind sear is really slow tbh and needs to quicker aswell as an increase to the damage, I hate the fact I cant aoe mobs properly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    Most DPS classes have a talent that spreads their dots. IMO Some talent u already spec into should spread SW:P to all the targets it hits if its on your primary target... But thats just me. (Aff lock with empowered seed.)
    Oh please give my earthquake or unleash elements the skill to spread flameshock on all targets. Or even refresh it would be nice.

On the OP: I noticed priest AoE was bad, but don't worry single target is still fine so

I have to agree mind sear was too powerful before the nerf....but oh god, was it really needed to nerf it THAT badly? We are probably the worst class for aoe now...

Blizz really need to give us something else, dots spreading....something!

i agree 100% , i dont whine about my class AT ALL ever ( the only issues ive had since hitting 85 is getting my rotation sorted and keeping up good dps which is clearly my problem not my class) but what has got me down lately is this lack of AOE its Fucking terrible with a capital F. I too quite often drop out of shadowform and spam nova as sear is just a slap in the face. Im not asking for it to be back like it was or massivly op or whatever but at least give us something better. Even in normal runs when you get a bunch of mobs that are aoe'able still wrath style and you have a mage with you that just lols it all down with aoe or a warrior spinning around like a mad man by the time you have got a few dots up most of its dead or about to drop while your sat there thinking hmm ok well ill just do what i can and smile but by that time your sat with someone in a group thats also wondering why your at the bottom of dps list. Not all the time it happens but its shit when it does. I know its been said many times that its not all about dps(recount meter) but you have to admit when it gets to the point when you cant keep up in this situation its not a good thing, to me it feels like your just not contributing.
    Personally i think leap of faith is a gimmick ive hardly used it at all but only to piss about with some guildies in a dungeon , it might be usefull in some situations but id rather we was given another sort of aoe spell then a dam babysitting button.

We have a dot spreading ability, but it request a little teamwork...

On specific add dot him with devo plague and have a DK spread it with Pestilence...

EDIT: Nvm blizz changed Pestilence

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matlafous View Post
    We have a dot spreading ability, but it request a little teamwork...

On specific add dot him with devo plague and have a DK spread it with Pestilence...

EDIT: Nvm blizz changed Pestilence
    Well, Devouring Plague can only affect one target at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by bcarestiato View Post
    I really dont understand blizz concept we got a really hard nerf in Mind Sear and for me that was kind deserved.

But why the first boss in Blackwing called Magmaw need a huge aoe to kill the adds then i lost my spot in 10man because i coundnt compete in aoe dps with the others dpsers.

I was doing half of our hunter dps in aoe even with him using frost trap.

Blizz can you fix it? i cant multi dot because of the spell costs and cant compete in aoe because my only aoe spell is a crap

Sorry my english
    Frost trap kind of only takes 1 global to do so thats a bad reason to be kicked, thats around 5k-10k(being generous) damage every 30 odd seconds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttam View Post
    Frost trap kind of only takes 1 global to do so thats a bad reason to be kicked, thats around 5k-10k(being generous) damage every 30 odd seconds.
    To be fair it also costs focus because you want to use trap launcher, you don't want to go close to the worms

10+ Year Old Account
    MS deserved a nerf indeed but doing a 180* turn and making it completely useless doesn't make a lot of sense.
    Need to to be buffed a bit to be in par with the other DPS AoE or at least a little competitive

There are a number of issues with Mind Sear.

It does no damage to the mob you are hitting.
    It needs to be targeted on a mob, so if that mob gets pulled away or is not in the middle of the pack, it does less or no damage.
    If the mob you target dies, you need to try and find a new mob to target, by which time most of the others are almost dead.
    Generally the mobs in Cataclysm which are designed to be AoE'd down quickly, and Mind Sear simply doesn't have the damage.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see something like:"while in shadowform your holy nova does shadow damage" with more damage and less mana cost then holy nova ofcourse.

I haven't used my Mind sear since they nerfed it.. My jaw dropped when i saw how low the damage actually is, even at level 85 in almost full heroic gear and good stats.. Multi dotting seems like the only option, but that literally sucks the mana from you with the insane cost the different dots have too... -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    So your not an AOE spec/class, we still do sick single target damage and if you properly manage your CD's multi-dotting is highly effective while still allowing you to do nice single target in the process.

Sounds like either you need to practice up or your raid leader needs to be "learned better".

throw up SW P and run around

10+ Year Old Account
    Multi-dotting is your friend. Channeled AOEs are gimped all across the board. My spriest friend tops dps charts every time I'm with him by simply multi-dotting. If you can weave a mind sear in-between renewing dots, then you're golden.

Quote Originally Posted by vazar-da-priest View Post
    throw up SW P and run around
    Doesn't work very well given a cap of 4 shadows. You'll hit the shadow cap before you know it that way.