Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deterrence has always had its limited abilitys in boss fights. And im pretty sure never blocks aoe.

Deleted
    There are very few abilities in the game which block boss aoe. Afaik only pally Divine Shield and often, though not always, mage's Ice Block.

Besides some boss abilities either have no type or are not spell aoe.

So does anyone else think they need to change the tooltip from "blocks 100% everything" to "probably wont block stuff" because basically thats what it does.

It's excellent on Omnitron Defense System because it deflects the Flamethrower. If you get targeted, just face the boss and pop it and you'll save your healers a load of stress.

Quote Originally Posted by DatsFunny View Post
    So does anyone else think they need to change the tooltip from "blocks 100% everything" to "probably wont block stuff" because basically thats what it does.
    Well, you don't actually "block" stuff anyways, so why even use that word?

10+ Year Old Account
    being a arms warrior i love fighting hunters who think they can stop my attacks pop ur deterrence im just going spam over power

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wicker View Post
    being a arms warrior i love fighting hunters who think they can stop my attacks pop ur deterrence im just going spam over power
    Detterence: When activated, increases parry chance by 100%
    Overpower: Only useable after the target dodges

Yeah I see why it suddenly becomes Overpower spamfest.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviltreh View Post

They do spam Overpower! And it hits for 20k! I'm talking from experience...
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviltreh View Post

u get over power proc from rend so yes we can still use it.. keeping rend up is never a problem use it once hit thunder clap resets it even if deterrence is up

at 1 time we could glyph for overpower so we got it when parryed 2

Isn't there also a glyph or talent or something that makes Overpower proc from parries?

I'm not sure, I could just about tolerate AoE spells and boss abilities getting through Deterrence (when it was a just a dodge and parry increase Surv talent rather than a base utility spell for all hunters you could say that it found more of a use in both PvE and PvP) if it wasn't for the nonsense of Kidney Shot or indeed Overpower (if it still does it these days) getting through it and making it neglible against the 2 classes you would probably want to use Deterrence against the most!

I have to say though, not being able to reflect spells in midflight is annoying but I do also play a warrior and you have to appreciate that your run of the mill Arms or Fury warrior needs a macro to equip a shield, switch stances and use Shield Reflect and this all costs valuable Rage.. So it is understandable they can reflect spells midflight.

You just need to try and play a bit more cleverly. You can still fire and lay traps while in Deterrence, use Intimidation (I might be wrong on that one) but no Wyvern Sting sadly and I also use a /cancelaura Deterrence macro, for those times when I know I just want to deflect that split second spell in a bossfight to maximise my dps or be a bit more unpredictable in pvp (in conjunction with Counterattack but I think my macro for that needs some work).

Surely the lag that STILL exists on Disengage is more annoying?
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

Deleted
    it does...i see a shaman casting lava i pop deterance..

Its not that useless...

Quote Originally Posted by Barash View Post
    That's retarded, you have to be able to read their mind for that since it doesn't deflect shit thats already in the air.

I WILL SAY IT ONE MORE TIME

Hunters have tons of tiny holes that aren't even addressed because no one of importance at Blizzard plays a hunter.
    Thats a silly argument. Everyone always says that paladins are Blizzard's heartchild, and that they must all play that. Yet Retridins are the most broken spec in Cataclysm. Deterrence has limitations yes, but so got most otehr spells.

Correct me if im wrong, but its a physical spell right? Meaning that unlike palla bubble, it cannot be dispelled.

But oh wait, hunters want an ability that better than what evryone else has, right? Ofc...

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    It's excellent on Omnitron Defense System because it deflects the Flamethrower. If you get targeted, just face the boss and pop it and you'll save your healers a load of stress.
    Or you could just feign death.

---------- Post added 2010-12-17 at 05:34 AM ----------

Imo to fix hunter pvp, they should make it so that deterence just straight up reflect spells, and remove DoTs. And for disengage to remove all snares like masters call does. Or atleast have a glyph for those 2, instead of having to spec survival for the reflect of deterence.

I find that once melee gets a stun lock opening on me in arenas its pretty much GG if you dont have a trinket.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by flovust View Post
    Or you could just feign death.

---------- Post added 2010-12-17 at 05:34 AM ----------

Imo to fix hunter pvp, they should make it so that deterence just straight up reflect spells, and remove DoTs. And for disengage to remove all snares like masters call does. Or atleast have a glyph for those 2, instead of having to spec survival for the reflect of deterence.

I find that once melee gets a stun lock opening on me in arenas its pretty much GG if you dont have a trinket.
    Are any hunter abilities usable while stunned by the way? E.g. pet commands and related pet abilities like Intimidation?

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    Isn't there also a glyph or talent or something that makes Overpower proc from parries?
    They changed that glyph a while ago, it increases Overpower damage by 10% now.

Deleted
    i think it would be better if they reduced it's CD alittle.

I'm getting the impression that OP is complaining about deterrence in 1 on 1 situations. Try using it when you're getting focused down in an arena and then tell me how worthless it is after your healer has had a chance to heal you back to full.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deterrence is a great skill and hunters are great class, the problem is that too many
    noobs are playing it (such as op) and they have no clue about anything.
    Bigger than Life.