Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurax View Post
    Make Gilneas shorter? No. Please No. It is the only zone they get. A better solution would be just reduce the XP you get so worgen will leave Gilneas at ~11
    I wasn't thinking necessarily making it SHORTER, so much as making some of the random "filler" quests optional to your progression. Perhaps making them give some extra side information to the story, but having the main quest line still give you the basic feel of the story.

I'm not honestly expecting any changes to happen to the game. This thread is more for curiosity and for the sake of conversation than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Msc View Post
    Lol. Ok to simplify further for you;

Why have you leveled four characters through a starting area ~7 days into the expansion? Honestly I don't care at all anymore I just didn't want your ignorance leading you any further into thinking you're being clever. Don't bother responding because I won't be returning.
    Dude, you're an idiot. :|

Why does it matter if someone wants to play 4 different characters from 1- whatever within a week? Is there some rule somewhere that says that once you roll a character, you have to finish leveling it to 85 before you make a new one?

It's a game. People play it for fun. If it's fun for someone to level alts through low levels to try out different classes, or to get started on a bunch of new professions, or whatever reason, that's their prerogative, and power to them.

I had my main to 85 within 24 hours, 7 days later I HOPE I found something else to do. I've started several new toons myself, just for kicks.

I agree with you. It felt kind of long. At least compared to the other starting zones it was long. I kind of knew that going into it though after watching TB's videos on it. I loved the questing area and it was a great starting zone. However, I disagree that it should be shortened. Leveling them again and again might get kind of boring, but it's still kind of interesting. And of course it tops all other starting zones (Goblin starting zone up there as well).

Not sure about the worgen starting area, didn't make one yet, but I did one goblin just yesterday.

I leveled in 4 hours from 1 to 12, when I was able to leave for Kalimdor. With no BoA equips, nor guild exp increase, reading every quest, and it's totally awesome =)

It seems the good amount of time for a brand new player, but I wondered something thinking of the futur goblins I plan to level and what is bothering me is that you can't move without doing the quest. For example, at some point, you need to kill a NPC, that NPC was bugged and I couldn't continue to the next quest without having it killed...

So, I didn't see where I could have skipped or just moved on to another area as the quest line is supposed to do it for you. It's nice for new players, but for rerollers, to go thro everything everytime, unlike troll starting area for example, where you can move on when you want and skip everything if you wish from level 1, it's seems a little too "rigid".

Or maybe I missed something ...

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda like it :]

I too find the starting area will reward you 14+ lvls when ur kitted out in heirlooms and guild xp thing, but in the end, if you also do all the quests in darkshore and ashenvale, they never become grey. I like it, if a bit on the easy side. But im here not to pwrlvl thru the zone but more interested in the story and all

10+ Year Old Account
    Too obvious for some but still, heirlooms are a +20% increase so the extra 2 levels (14-12) you get is huge for annoying getting out of the zone and trying to followup smoothly.
    Blizz obviously intended the starting zones to be a guide for new players, players without heirlooms. They get a feel for their class and the mechanics involving the game itself. In that view i think gilneas does a perfect job, and for every veteran player it offers a great questline and good flow.
    I think there always can be improvements but the gilneas starting zone shouldn't be a priority for blizz to fix things. Hell i remember grinding in vanilla because some zones didn't offer enough quests to actually 'flow' into another, you had levelgap that could only be solved by mindlessly grinding.. talking about 'condensing' questlines :P

10+ Year Old Account
    My only fear is getting bored of the length after many twinks...
    Fortunately I can just make any other alliance race and race change them

The MAIN culprit is that all the story is compacted into gilneas, since they go off and adventure with their new allies in darkshore after pretty much taking down a gun ship then fleeing.
    Compared to the goblin who get a whole zone which carrys one the plans of gallywix set in the lost isles and kezan + their introduction into working with the horde. And then looking at the worgen who didnt get much of a chance nor where in the position to set up base in another zone like the goblins did. Yes it would have been pretty epic if they did something like transform duskwood into a worgen capital with the world tree part being their druid hub and the town expanded with a worgen style chapel and district walls. BUT considering what they where set up to finish with in gilneas, the story is pretty much ok lets give them our hardest hit then GTFO before they manage to fire back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it's too long, I think quests are giving too much XP.

I didn't use any heirlooms and I was almost lv 13 when I left, for a very long time after Gilneas I was always on green quests and then a few grey quests just to continue the plotline.

We should be 10-11 when leaving Gilneas