Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I agree with you 100%. Ever since I heard that it took your Average Ilvl from what was on you and in your bags, I thought it was a stupid idea. Why does it matter what I have in my bags. It should have everything to do with what I have on me, the gear I can use or am using. If I have a piece of gear in my bags that has a higher ilvl than what I am wearing, why would it be in my bags?

I actually got into an argument with a guildie of mine last night because he was under the assumption that no matter what kind of gear you had in your bag, it counted towards your ilvl. Well, he is a paladin, so he can wear any piece of gear. He kept telling me that I could have a plate piece in my bag and it would count towards my ilvl. Well, I am a mage. I cannot wear plate so it does not count towards my ilvl. He was dead set on it being that way. I informed him that I spent 400g (My dungeon group of 5 was trying to go to an instance and I couldnt get in because my ilvl was too low) to figure out, that was not case and that it is only gear that you can wear and since you are a pally, you can wear everything.....

I would go out on a ledge and say that the way they generate the ilvl is probably one of the dumbest mechanics in the game. It should be changed to show just the gear on you. You should not be gimping the group just so that they can try and carry your lazy ass through it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrrah View Post
    I'm not so sure what was so hard about gearing up? or what people are finding so challenging about heroics in general. I went into random heroics the minute I turned 85 as a tank and I had no problems.
    Honestly, You are very lucky then. I am a bear tank myself. Its not so much the tanking as it is the DPS. Running heroic's were the DPS refuse to CC or the DPS body pulls, and my favorite is when the DPS do horrible DPS were im topping the charts. Even on boss fights. Heroic's are difficult because most people dont accept the new play style. The DPS need's to learn to take minimal damage so the healer can concentrate on the tank and the boss's abilities that hurt. Im finding alot of DPS dont know how to interrupt spells either. But i guess it will come with time.

I myself refused to do a heroic with a guildie because he was wearing 4 or 5 pieces of PvP gear. I know some people disagree with that, but i want my people in a heroic to be geared correctly and sorta know the fights.

All of this is fine and dandy, but you should also fully expect tanking and healing gear to be "ninja'd" by the DPS gearing up their tank/healing specs.

---------- Post added 2010-12-16 at 07:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by scaredandbaked View Post

I myself refused to do a heroic with a guildie because he was wearing 4 or 5 pieces of PvP gear. I know some people disagree with that, but i want my people in a heroic to be geared correctly and sorta know the fights.
    This was perfectly fine in BC and expected for some slot items. But what if now they have their blue 85 PVP items which are a ton better than a lot of other things out there?

Having entered, and cleared heroics in, and under the minimum gear requirements with a guild group with a little trouble (nothing major except certain problem bosses. Ripsnarl springs to mind), it's very doable if everyone knows what to do.

On the other hand, when the people are undergeared AND stupid, thats when theres an issue. And thats when I agree with the OP about carrying people.

Just fix up the itemisation from 1-60 and restrict what each class can wear, Plate ONLY plate, Mail ONLY Mail, and so one,

after that, count only Ilvl of your armor class.

Will it fix the problem once and for all? No

Will it help by a large margin? Yes