Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I don't think Blizzard will have a problem with it taking a year to reach Level 25 in a guild of 10 people... They are perks, not necessities,
    It can by psychologically frustrating that others can get the perks faster, but if something cool is added to a class you don't play, do you complain about it, or just accept that it's an update not that relavant to you? The same applies here... The daily cap means you take twice or three times the time, instead of 20 times the time of the big guilds, so it's a good thing for smaller guilds that the cap is there, but I think you'll just have to accept that you will get the perks slower - or find more people to join your guild, if that's preferable to keeping your tight-knit group, in exchange for nice, but not necessary, perks...

Deleted
    Large guilds like the one i am in 10 very active members and like 20 semi active ones. We hit the guild weekly cap in 3days approx so i guess smaller guilds should be able to cap it in a week otherwise just do it nore slowly you will get there eventually.

-Pride

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess my guild is big? We have about 40 active members and we hit the daily cap about 4 hours after reset. We don't do anything special, other than run a lot of heroics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Deleted
    I'm in a guild with about 15 - 20 active members, but we haven't yet failed to reach the daily cap. Tough since the change we only reach it by the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    I guess my guild is big? We have about 40 active members and we hit the daily cap about 4 hours after reset. We don't do anything special, other than run a lot of heroics.
    That would be a medium-large sized guild.
    From quests alone each member would have to gain only 600,000exp. That's like leveling 1/3rd of the way from 80-81 or around 20-25 quests. You could cap within under 2 hours easily.
    Last edited by Mijen; 2010-12-16 at 10:59 AM.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Im in a guild with 259 active members. We are lvl 4 now as most of the guilds are and I have seen many guilds with 89 or even 60 members to be same level as well. So, I believe that it is not a small or big guild issue... it depends on how active your guild is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Topic is going into the 'My guild has got x members, we're at level y, and hit dailycap in z hours after reset.' -mode..
    But i think players have gotten the choice between the tight friendly cozyness of small guilds that can achieve the same as bigger guilds (tho taking longer) or big guilds with lots of members that often involve alot of subgroups, but get things done faster.
    Maybe there is a magic number for guildroster in the equasion somewhere but i don't think anyone will join/leave a guild for guildlevels. If you are that unbothered about the people you might aswell play a singleplayer game.

I do cooking/fishing dailies on every toon I can and once I reach rep cap for the week, I roll over to another 80+.

I don't want to break your bubble.. but this is still an MMO. Not a Massively Soloplayers Online.

Alot of the posts seem pretty confused and are talking about "Weekly" caps there is no weekly cap for XP, there is one for rep. There is a daily cap for XP. My guild of about 10 active people and 10 not so active people gets about 3/4 of the cap everyday.

I wish the cap was weekly because atleast we might be able to play catch up on some days when more people are active.

Mostly I'm just sad after it being so easy to cap out the first few days and now its somewhat impossible unless I recruit more people it seems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FleckerMan View Post
    I don't think Blizzard will have a problem with it taking a year to reach Level 25 in a guild of 10 people... They are perks, not necessities,
    It can by psychologically frustrating that others can get the perks faster, but if something cool is added to a class you don't play, do you complain about it, or just accept that it's an update not that relavant to you? The same applies here... The daily cap means you take twice or three times the time, instead of 20 times the time of the big guilds, so it's a good thing for smaller guilds that the cap is there, but I think you'll just have to accept that you will get the perks slower - or find more people to join your guild, if that's preferable to keeping your tight-knit group, in exchange for nice, but not necessary, perks...
    I have every class on the way to max level so if a class gets buffed i think sweet something nice for me all the time (same for nerfs to :<)

Blizzard have pwnd the hell out of small guilds since the game began, just because i want to play with a few select people because i am actually friends with them shouldn't put me at a disadvantage in anyway. Even if these perks aren't necessary its not right that someone who randomly invites loads of people so they have 100000 people online all the time gets it. These perks were made so people would play as a guild how is it playing as a guild if you dont know 75%+ people in the guild?

I was hoping for a more balanced expansion with the whole 10m raids same gear situation but looks like ill be disappointed again *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Alphamage View Post
    Im in a guild with 259 active members. We are lvl 4 now as most of the guilds are and I have seen many guilds with 89 or even 60 members to be same level as well. So, I believe that it is not a small or big guild issue... it depends on how active your guild is.
    60 active members is a large-sized guild imo. small sized is a 10man raiding guild for example, since you cant have more than 12-13 people on your team, unless you feel no remorse benching people, which we cant do.
    Still, my guild has about 10 to 12 people in it and we cap it every other days, the rest of the time we go between missing 5 to 15%
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by eoghammer View Post
    The problem actually is that only massive guild can hit the cap without pain. And by massive, i speak of guild with more than 75 daily active members...
    This is not true. We don't have more then 30-40 members online every day, and we have hit the daily cap every day, even since the XP nerf.

I cannot see the problem why Blizzard couldn't scale it, so the guild size wouldn't matter.

Deleted
    76 characters, an average of 10 people online at peak time. No complaining about nerfs at all (atleast no serious complaining) just a challenge. Get roughly 3/4 of the daily cap i'd say. And that is without having done any serious guild hc's.

I'll just say this.

When we were levelling we had about 5 people at a time. Small guild I guess

But this was enough to cap out incredibly quickly. Now however we earn almost no exp per day. Couple of us do dailies, couple of us try and run guild dungeons. Just isn't easy in smaller guilds.

Not Blizz's fault however, not really our fault. It's just one of those things.

(Like supporting football teams, you support smaller club, you don't attract big names/win big prizes.... Does it make supporting your beloved team less exciting?)

I'd have loved to reach level 25 in my Alliance guild but with it being an alt guild on a second server with just a small handful of us rarely playing, I highly doubt I ever will unless I recruit, which I'm not entirely sure how to go about considering I'm not around much at the moment and it's difficult to find people who would be a good fit for a social guild.

I am a little disappointed that we won't be getting ourselves a lion mount, but it's not the end of the world. It would be quite nice, however, if achievements could give a tiny amount of guild experience. Not enough to really be that beneficial to bigger guilds who are hitting the cap anyway, but enough to be a little help to the smaller guilds who are struggling a bit.

Small guilds truly did get the shaft. Blizzards system should provide more or less experience based off members of the guild.

The size of the guild matters not if they are actually running guild groups for content.
    A lack of contributing members is what will limit a smaller guild more than the total numbers.
    Smaller guilds will suffer more when some do not pull their weight, and that is where you should be looking for blame, not blizzard for something which is entirely optional, and a perk for putting the effort into the guild.
    Guild levelling is not mandatory, so do not blame someone else when the problem is much closer to home.
    There is a limit to how much larger guilds can gain, with only the top x members, I think 20 actually contributing to the experience.

@Doombledore - as you stated most are alts, and therefore not realistically not able to contribute as much as those at the level cap could.

Quote Originally Posted by doombledore View Post
    im in a -50 ppl guild (most of them are alts of the higher lvls in it) and i think we get about 5% of max cap each day().
    to answer your question: doing dailys (and finishing leveling zones at 85).
    that's odd, my guild has ~60 people per week that seriously contribute to the guild xp, and we hit the cap usually halfway through the day.
    We only have about ~40 level 85's

Compared to the cap of 500, that's not really a "huge" guild...

Granted, now that we're just about to hit level 6it is slowing down.. but we've still hit cap every day...

Perhaps some will find leveling alts also helps guild xp.. I know we have 3 alts going now that are providing decent guild xp.