Skinning + = more leather?

hey guys, if you got skinning 525 and put for example the + 5 on gloves or something, do you have a bigger chance of gettin more than 1 savage leather out of it?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait what? Are you even a skinner? Skill level never modified number of leathers you get, it's always set for the mob.
    Old Gods made me do it.

In a nicer way than the above poster, no is the answer.

It only effects WHAT you can skin, not how much of the leather you get after skinning it.

Example:
    Mob 1 has a skin requirement of 525 (u need 515 skill to skin it) : The server has it dropping 1 normal leather 95% of the time, pristine leather 5% of the time (if only -_-)

If you have 510 skill you can't skin it.
    If you have 525 skill you can skin it and have the following chance to get leather (1 normal leather 95% of the time, pristine leather 5% of the time)
    If you have 530 skill you can skin it and have the following chance to get leather (1 normal leather 95% of the time, pristine leather 5% of the time)

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, skill level has no effect on the quality or quantity of the leather you skin off any given mob. Either you have to skill to skin it, or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Though what you're saying would be pretty cool. Being a Worgen skinner I have 540 skinning, equip some crap green with the gatherer enchant +5 and finkle's skinner +10, BAM 555 skinning. I'd go skin the shit out of bosses, get leather out the wazoo.