Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    It really is take the player now not the class. Just about every class brings something that another class can do. Yes a rog with sap glyphed is awsome but there are ways around not having them. People that are kicking becouse of a class are either not aware of other classes changes or have been running with bads that cant play there class and it makes the kicker think the class is bad.

If this healer is just a guildy, then whatev do your thing with someone else. If this is an officer or RL then leave since that stupidity will drive ya nutz. Or tell him to DPS becouse priests suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    <--Moonkin, i can Root, i can hibernate, i can silence, i can stun a few ways, i can offtank, i can off heal, i can supply the healer with innervate, i can cyclone and also provide the tank with thorns to improve his threat, all the while provide great DPS.

sooooooo your friend is not so bright imo.
    Have to agree with this.

Having a boomkin in the group is great.

My heroic team is usually me (DK Tank), Druid healer, boomkin, ele sham, and survival hunter.

We have a good collection of CC. Great healing and off healing options, a momentary OT if I should drop (long enough for BR anyways), and between the five of us we have a working knowledge of all the mechanics in the game.

I like boomkins.

To the OP: Come to Argent Dawn and play with us if your guild's healer is too high and mighty to take you along

Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    1) if you got that kind of response, then your guild sucks and you should find another one.

2) I am sorry, but Mages and Rogues should ALWAYS be able to do more dps than hybrids because they can do is DPS. I include hunters and 'locks in that because they have pets that provide them additional function(not so much anymore for locks, but I dislike them on principle). What is unfair is a class that can tank or heal can also do more dps than a pure dps class.

3) This expansion has once again proven why PuGs are populated with idiots who cant play their class. If they could, they would be going with guildies. I have tried a couple of PuGs.. beyond the 30+ min wait for DPS, tanks in PuGs are morons who dont understand that they can no longer go charging in and AOE tanking with out strategy. They still blame the healer for sucking even though they were the idiots who went charging in without any CC. They also dont understand why DPS numbers arent the same as ICC gear and say you are suck if you dont have 10k dps. In all PuGs are the worse dregs of humanity and should be avoided at all cost.

2) Lol. You're silly. Hybrid tax is outdated, stupid, and really no longer any much of an issue. As feral, i can outdps 90% of classes... admittedly, bleeds are rather... broken with how much they tick for. However, AS feral, i'm not healing. I'm not casting from range (hopefully o_o'), and I'm sure as hell not tanking things. Can I tank things? Sure, if the tank goes down. But I get crit, take 12% more damage, have 12% less armor, and 6% less dodge (or something to that degree). In other words, I'm about as good as any other class picking it up that's not a caster. This includes rogues. The only thing I have that pures don't have is tranquility, which is an 8min CD, requires me to not get touched by aoe, and is only good to stabilize IF the healer is spamming the hell out of his spells. Rogues can do better for themselves with recuperate, warlocks with their evocate (don't recall the name), mages with their glyphed evocate than I can with my tranquility.

I can't tank or heal without a respec/ gear changes. Do you have four sets of gear on you JUST for pve? I do. Tanking, healing, ranged, cat. I think you should do less for the fact that I've put more work in getting each set than you (see how stupid that sounds?) to fully play my class.

3) Generally true, though I'd like to point out that if you can't do 9k+ you're doing it wrong. It's not ICC, but you're still a hell of a lot stronger, and 10k isn't hard at all. Seeing warriors, rogues, shamans (ele), ferals, mages, shadow priests all at 9k+, with warlocks racing ahead of me in five mans. The rest I haven't run with so much, but I'd imagine they're at the same level.

almost every class has some form of cc, some better than others in certain situations.

i'd be pissed at that guild healer. guilds are suppose to help each other out regardless. i can understand maybe not adding the boomkin to a specific raid as there is more at play there, but a dungeon? that is not very helpful.

CC is very last week. Since sunday I've been running them with no cc. Still not an aoe fest (Except for the tank) though.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    you are suck if you dont have 10k dps
    I'm sorry, but you are sucking if you aren't at 10k. Boss dps should be even higher than that. Everyone is pretty much in greens and blues, and some people are pulling 15k+. So if you can't pull 60% of that, you're literally getting an F.
    Last edited by Melonberry; 2010-12-16 at 06:34 PM.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

As a tank, when I look at group makeup at the beginning of the heroic, I always want 2 workable hard-ccs for the instance I am starting. If I don't have them, I'll still play, but it might mean we need to kick one of the no-cc classes, or that I just need to leave if pulls don't work out.

I think you are right, their philosophy is not working out right now. Druid cyclone needs to be buffed for boomkins, and I'd say most other classes do need a cc. Right now, it is very important to CC at every pack of trash. Its a failure on the design end of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Pridemane View Post
    P.S. If your guildhealer doesnt take you because your a boomkin, get a diffrent guild because that is BS.. T_T
    Yeah, I think the priest is just butthurt that they're shit atm.

dont really need cc anymore for heroics, aside from maybe 1 or 2 trash packs from specific instances, and even then a experienced group shouldnt have to worry. IMO if people think that ccing is a requirement from every member in group, I just wouldn't run with that person. Especially if they're a healer because they probably dont know how to heal

10+ Year Old Account
    Your guild's healer isn't a very skilled WoW player. Try not to take it personal.

"Bring the player not the class" is the WoTLK mantra, "Bring CC not the player" is Cataclysm's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairm View Post
    Quit trolling, you just named ALL the worst CC in the game.

OT:If you rely on only 1 healer in your guild, may aswell try to queue for random, it'll easy the process.
    I find it amusing that you say im trolling, and that I named the "Worst CC in the game", CC = CC. Some last longer, and some break easier Its still CC.

He clearly doesnt play arena CYCLONE is op bro - no chance of NPCs dispelling it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boom brings great CC, just like most everyone stated in here. Think that priest healer is a bit on the snobby side.

and those of you that are saying priests suck (today). Might also be uneducated. Priests got a buff yesterday, they are doing just fine. thanks