Cataclysm Healing and Mana Potions

Is alchemy going to be the only source for these? I have yet to see any drop...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think so I never saw one while leveling, I may have been just unluckly

I had to buy then off the AH for 250g for 10
    Proud Healer Since 2007
    "Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid."

It makes complete sense to me. you want enchants to make yourself better, you find an enchanter, you want gems to make yourself better, you find a jewelcrafter. So why not need to find an alchemist if you need potions?

Quote Originally Posted by zephurwitch View Post
    It makes complete sense to me. you want enchants to make yourself better, you find an enchanter, you want gems to make yourself better, you find a jewelcrafter. So why not need to find an alchemist if you need potions?
    Lets start with the fact that enchants and gems aren't 1 time use consumables.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    once the herb prices come down they will be more reasonable on the AH... right now you can't even sell them for the cost of mats

Quote Originally Posted by thepreacher View Post
    Lets start with the fact that enchants and gems aren't 1 time use consumables.

and at the same time...potions dont cost NEARLY as much as enchants or gems...at least when prices start to stablize

Quote Originally Posted by zephurwitch View Post
    and at the same time...potions dont cost NEARLY as much as enchants or gems...at least when prices start to stablize
    Tell that to the people paying 250g for mana pots...I'm not going to entertain the rebuttal of "but its only because herb prices are high"...

The discussion is about what we're paying right now, not 6 months from now.

Tell that to the people paying 250g for mana pots...I'm not going to entertain the rebuttal of "but its only because herb prices are high"...

Like most other items... if people are paying the price, they will stay expensive. I've been putting plants up at 2/3 the price of listed auctions and they sell in seconds. 12g for a single herb is insane, but I have people sending me tells offering that and more.

I find it interesting that (if its true) Blizzard didn't add healing/mana potions into the loot drop table. I've not sold any specifically, but will do so later today. You have me curious.

When herb prices normalize, the potion cost will be close with a small markup (nobody wants to hear that now). That is presuming that this isn't the "new" economy and people just have more gold at their disposal.
    ------------------------------------------
    Graybeard AH Junkie

Deleted

Although the thread is whether or not ALch is the source of them.

Personally, and this is as somebody who doesn't have a potion-specced alchemist, I think this is a great change. For a long time the only real source of money for alchemists has been their transmutes. Flasks have sold well but at very low margins.

Now we finally have elixirs that are useful and will make people consider using them in raids instead of just flasking, and we have non-farmable potions. I think it's great that alchemists have more ways to make money in Cataclysm.
    www.justanotherwowblog.com - A blog about gold making, WoW economics, MMO philosophy, and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbnut View Post
    Although the thread is whether or not ALch is the source of them.
    Certainly, which in turn effects the supply and demand and what people are willing to pay for them off the AH. If it turns out that they are in fact ONLY obtainable via Alchemy, don't expect the prices to drop by a drastic amount. Herbs are still used for a number of things outside of Mana pots.

Not only will more people be forced to buy them due to a lack of looting them on their daily adventures, but you're no longer going to have the non-mana using classes putting their looted pots up on the AH. The market will be controlled by the crafters.
    Last edited by Sedative; 2010-12-16 at 06:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkfireyguy View Post
    I think so I never saw one while leveling, I may have been just unluckly

I had to buy then off the AH for 250g for 10
    lucky our server they were 5x 250g....
    "Veni, vidi, vici"

"I came, I saw, I conquered"

right now i sold mighty rejuv pots for 8g each in 10 stacks... thats the price on my server a critrating + 3% more crit damage meta gem from JC is 1950gold so i can buy

1950/8 = 243 mighty rejuv pots or 1 meta gem.... i fail to see the problem... perhaps the OP's server echonomy is just fubar? reroll server is my only advice

and this is AH prices 17-12-2010 not in 6 months or anything

15+ Year Old Account
    Mana potions are quite easy to make (Cinderbloom and Whiptail IIRC) but healing potions are rather expensive, seeing as they need volatile life which is used for EVERYTHING.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!