Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Realm Transfer: How to decide where to go?

Me and three friends want to transfer from our realm in order to start serious raiding. We want to start our own guild and have great progress, something that seems very hard (albeit not impossible) on our server.

But we have yet to decide where to go.

That said, what advice do you give me? What should I search for in order to know if a server is good to start a guild with big ambitions?

Also, I play on Europe as Horde, so if you know of a server in particular feel free to say why it is good and explain.

Thank you in advance
    Last edited by Greyy; 2010-12-16 at 07:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde or Alliance .. ?
    pve horde side dreanor is very famous for horde pve
    Most data you will get now is wrath data th at may not be accurate anymore now

If you care about pvp, try not to land on the wrong side of an imbalanced battle group. I used to have instant pvp queues, now they are at least 15 minutes.

Sorry, forgot to mention. Horde.

Why is Draenor good?

Quote Originally Posted by gaian View Post
    If you care about pvp, try not to land on the wrong side of an imbalanced battle group. I used to have instant pvp queues, now they are at least 15 minutes.
    I do, but my main priority is PvE atm. But I care a lot about PvP as well, so if I could have both it would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by gaian View Post
    A while back, they linked battlegroups together. LFD pugs will choose from your battlegroup and anywhere between 1-3 other battlegroups, while BGs are actually choosing from every single battlegroup. There's no more imbalance, there's no more "hord sux on dis batlegrup," everything is linked. If you play US, you're linked with everyone who has a US game key. Same for EU.

Anyway--if you have any serious raiding under your belt already, look around the guild recruitment forums to find someone that interests you, checking wowprogress.org to see how their server is doing. It's worth trying to jump anywhere from 20-50 places in the PvE progression on the realm list, but don't just cash in all your chips and go to the top few servers; you'll just end up floating around in a sea of people who hoped they could make it big.

Thanks for all the information.

Any more suggestions?

Blackrock is full GTFO

But seriously, have a read of the realm forums of the ones you are looking at, and see what the community is like

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
    Blackrock is full GTFO

But seriously, have a read of the realm forums of the ones you are looking at, and see what the community is like
    Alright. Thanks.

Bleeding Hollow
    World PVP and Arenas Are Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Horde or Alliance .. ?
    pve horde side dreanor is very famous for horde pve
    Most data you will get now is wrath data th at may not be accurate anymore now
    Ill be honest ive not hear ANYTHING about this server, Dreanor is actually ranked 118 out of all the US servers wich is not very good at all. I think you have been misimformed about how "fameous" it is

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Ill be honest ive not hear ANYTHING about this server, Dreanor is actually ranked 118 out of all the US servers wich is not very good at all. I think you have been misimformed about how "fameous" it is
    EU not US

I do hear Dreanor is meant to be EU's Horde version of Silvermoon in terms of progression, is this true?
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

10+ Year Old Account
    kil'jaeden <-- promode

Twisting Nether EU is pretty good

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to know an even population PvP server where I can roll as Alliance and start a guild myself as well. medium to high population servers would be best, but most important is that the Horde:Alliance ratios are roughly even.

10+ Year Old Account
    What i would so is take some of the suggestions here and look at the official WoW forums and see whats up there. Also making a DK (some people have low lvl blockers) and talking to some people from higher progressed guilds.

---------- Post added 2010-12-20 at 10:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post

Im pretty sure he said Eu..

I don't know how building a guild in our realm is or will be, but I play on Sunstrider on Horde side.

Only downside (in some way) is that we outnumber the alliance. I don't pvp so it doesn't give me any advantage, but I think you could make a nice guild here. Don't shoot me if I'm wrong.

Ofcourse, we have our fair share of bad players but we also have some really good guilds!
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

Look up some well progressed servers on Wowprogress, and then look up wow census to find among those servers one that's not super populated. Read their forums to see if you like them, investigate about current raiding guilds (their websites, trade attitude, etc.), because you will probably be recruiting some people from these guilds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahn'qiraj -> outland -> Grim Batol -> Skullcrusher

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm checking Draenor EU and they've barely even started raids :|

10+ Year Old Account
    too the place where the alts need heirlooms