Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Archeology and Vashj'ir - why?

I think every max skill Archeologist can agree on me with this one; Vashj'ir should not get any possible archeology spawnpoints once you pass 450 skill. I honestly cannot stress enough how much it ticks me off to lose so much time getting there, and then getting OUT of there as a horde. Any thoughts on this gripe?

You can't just use the Portal in Orgrimmar?
    There are so many frivolous things in this world.

i think that you are doing it wrong. use the portal and pay attention to where it's pointing. sure it's hard(read: a little more annoying than other zones, but doable), but it's ONE zone out of heaps, if you can't handle it then there's nothing that can be done for you.

I don't think you quite understand; using the portal in orgrimmar would force me to heartstone first, and then use the portal there to get to vashj'ir. But once I'm done with the zones there, it takes a ton of time to get back to the mainland in EK.
    I wouldn't mind if you could fly directly to the zone, dive, and fly back to mainland, but fatigue expells that possibility.

I'm with feigning on this one. There are portals to get there and a hearthstone back. You can always buy a mage port from some mage in vashj if your hearth is on cd.

I'm actually thinking of changing to alliance for this one, since Stormwind is in a far more strategic position for archeology.

Actually, it IS possible to fly inn and out of the place, at least I have done it with Master riding skill. I still agree, though, that it shouldn't be possible spawn archaeology spots in Vashj'ir.

i agree. it's terrible. although it is possible to fly there from the coastline without getting hit with fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by Highmitsu View Post
    I wouldn't mind if you could fly directly to the zone, dive, and fly back to mainland, but fatigue expells that possibility.
    You can Fly there. Its a close call on the Fatigue, but it should be doable if you fly straight west. (I flew from stormwind direct as Paladin)

Im alliance and a mage, so i have no problem getting there, but my biggest problem with Vashjir is that 1) the digsite are HUGE and 2) because of the underwater aspect of the zone you dont know if the artifact is above you or below you.

the giant NE ruins can go suck a big one

10+ Year Old Account
    I flew there no problem on a 310 before the 5% guild perk. Just a little bit of fatigue.

Guess I'll have to find the correct direction to fly then. Fatigue scares the hell out of me :I

10+ Year Old Account
    this zone is loaded with interesting stories and artifacts, even tho you dont like it, it makes perfect sense, its not supposed to be just a random spawn zone for you to gather something. The point with archeology is to get to know some lore, and get artifacts. end of story.

It's only a problem when they start stacking in Vashj'ir. If it's a single, I leave it until forced.
    ------------------------------------------
    Graybeard AH Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Limiter View Post
    this zone is loaded with interesting stories and artifacts, even tho you dont like it, it makes perfect sense, its not supposed to be just a random spawn zone for you to gather something. The point with archeology is to get to know some lore, and get artifacts. end of story.
    No offense ma'am, but I don't like things being jammed down my throat, and if you're so fussed with lore, I'm a horde, I don't want any affilliation with disgusting night elves, thank you very much!

Now that I have that out of my system... more troll spawns please.

Quote Originally Posted by Highmitsu View Post
    No offense ma'am, but I don't like things being jammed down my throat, and if you're so fussed with lore, I'm a horde, I don't want any affilliation with disgusting night elves, thank you very much!

Now that I have that out of my system... more troll spawns please.
    How is someone a troll for stating their opinion that archeology should be based around lore?

... How the hell did you get to that? I mean more troll fragment spawns.

Quote Originally Posted by kuralor View Post
    How is someone a troll for stating their opinion that archeology should be based around lore?
    no no he wants Troll Spawns in game mate

OT: The problem with most of you is that you're not doing it for the reason it's there: Lore. So you instantly are doing it wrong. Any complaints you may have are moot till you start using archaeology like it is supposed to be used: To learn about the history of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    Actually, it IS possible to fly inn and out of the place, at least I have done it with Master riding skill. I still agree, though, that it shouldn't be possible spawn archaeology spots in Vashj'ir.
    when i tried flying to it i ran into a barrier and almost ran out of fatigue trying to get back to the mainland so i'm pretty sure that this does not work. I usually have to wait till i'm in Stranglethorn zepplin back to org, port in, hearth back, zepplin back to stranglethorn and then keep going. It is very annoying to clear one of 2 night elf spawn points on the Eastern Kingdoms when i'm after troll spawns.

No, the reason I don't like it is because it's jammed down my throat. I mean, really, before 450 skill, EK was just fine, I loved the "lore" you get from that, and I didn't have to deal with night elven spawns too much (one or two).