Can I start Cata content at 78?

I included this question in another thread that I made, but a moderator closed it before I could get an answer since some of the other questions I asked were covered in another sticky. (THANKS BRO...)

Anyways, I'm leveling up a goblin lock and am wondering if I should do northrend until 80 or start the cata content at 78. Since I'm a Warlock and a pretty experienced player I'm not too worried about the difficulty. I just want to make sure I'm able to access the content and get all the quests.

Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    Nope the quests are unavailable until lvl 80

You'll get absolutely spanked by mobs at 78, and as previous poster said you can't pick up quests. Your best bet is to finish SB/IC in the 2 hours it takes to go from 78-80.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/1654-Hyjal

Looks like some Hyjal quests are available at 78, but that might not be accurate. Otherwise yeah wait til 80.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SektheGnome View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/1654-Hyjal

Looks like some Hyjal quests are available at 78, but that might not be accurate. Otherwise yeah wait til 80.
    All of the Hyjal quests "available" at 78 are part of chains you can't pick up until 80.

Can't get to Hyjal or vash until you are sent there via the npc (and do quests at least)

So the simple answer is no

even IF you could get sent there at 78 the mobs would completely murder you so its best to stay in northren till 80

I really wish they had allowed you to start at 78. As it is, I skipped most of Vashjr by the time I had hit 82, and I hadn't even touched Hyjal. For so much work put into these two zones, you can really end up skipping the vast majority of them.

That, and don't get me started on Icecrown!