Searing Totem changed/bugged?

Hello everyone,

I started noticing strange behavious of my Searing Totem as of today. ST started to randomly attack targets, even CCed targets which I didn't notice doing it before. It also seemed to "lock on" to a new target much faster than yesterday or the days before. In the last few days I started putting down totems, pulled a mob, flame-shocked it and even then the totem wouldn't attack anything for quite a while. Whereas if I FSed first and put the totem up after that ir worked fine.

As of today the totem started attacking instantly. Unfortunately it also started attacking sheeps, frogs, bound elements.

Anyone else noticed something odd? Or is my imagination plaing with me? I'm elemental btw, so no DOTs due to Searing Flames or something.

My appologies if this is posted elsewhere already, I did check and found nothing yet.

- Sunfire

They're probably constantly tweaking with the AI, but they likely won't say anything until they're finished. I haven't noticed any of what you're saying, maybe it's just a bug for you or you're not getting FS/SS up fast enough. Who knows.

From what I've noticed, from some small testing on dummies, is that Stormstrike no longer matters for which target Searing Totem targets, its all about your Flame Shock target. The downside to this is: if you have multiple targets Flame Shocked, it continues to target the first target that's FS'd until it wears off. =/ Others should test this out to confirm though, as I was only testing on dummies.

yeah I can confirm all you have said OP, its been annoying the hell outta me (dropping totems before pull, nuke and searing totem just does nothing untill re-deployed) then tonight I noticed it was nuking my hex and elemental bind targets even though i was personally nuking a different target. its most definetly bugged in various ways atm
    RIFT: Valakin lvl 60 rogue / Valakis lvl 60 mage - Zaviel EU, guild "Consortium"
    D3: 60 Barb, 60 Wiz, 60 WD

Searing totem is the most confused thing in game atm.

I have no shaman but I've witnessed during the Setesh encounter that Searing Totem attacked a Void Sentinel while our ele shaman was nuking the boss.

Blizzard should give you a pet bar for Searing Totem.
    Last edited by Kabbalah; 2010-12-17 at 09:10 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by XXX View Post
    Searing totem is the most confused thing in game atm.
    This.... Yesterday a tank chewed me out for pulling a camel in Lost City.... bad totem :/

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've found in raids that it attacks the closest target regardless if it's cc'd or not.

The only thing I HATE about searing totem is the duration of it... every minute having to lose a gc on LB or LvB sucks.

I'm considering glyphing for fire elemental on some fights (as we're able to just switch glyphs constantly now).

I sometimes find it not attacking the next target if the 1st has died.

tbh i ran a few HC now and i never seen this, might be that my CC are no where near my searing totem tbh

they should change it, just it. Put FT swing to stack not 1-5, but 1-10 stacks and raise the dmg bonus % of each stack( to max % will take longer too ).

2H forever ...

Today it seems to be back to it's old behavior as described above (no breaking of cc, but slower re-targeting).

I double-checked the hotfixes, but the only change is the reversal of the Mana Tide Totem change. Maybe that messed the Searing Totem up, no idea...

Or I am just slowly sliding into insanity. :P