Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Srsly, if I see another "cata dungeons are like wotlk dungeons" thread again, I'm gonna punch myself. They are not even close to being like wotlk heroics. (sure we ran brc hc last night without any means of CC, but it still felt harder than wotlk)

I've had runs where I felt like every pull was a nightmare, and other runs as the OP described where you can simply blitz, and it has nothing to do with which instance you get. Typically a faceroll run is when we get a Paladin tank, a Paladin healer, myself raping trash pulls in Demo spec, and two other dps doing over 12k average trying to keep up with me, and CC isn't even viable to think about with the rate things go down at.

Heroics are completely facerollable, but it takes a certain level of gear and specs coming together to operate as such. And if my cooldowns are up, any trash pull can become an aoe pull.

But calling it Wrath easy is a hyperbole.

tbh what he said it true,after a while it going be like wotlk did you see all the nerf on frontpage mmo? they keep coming

Yo go through heroics aoeing and chain pulling mobs with over 1 million health? right.....

---------- Post added 2010-12-17 at 02:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chisuji View Post
    Heroics are completely facerollable.
    really? you can button mash your way thorugh heroics? really?
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

Well, since these threads are everywhere, I will comment.
    If heroics are too easy, go raid.
    Show us your guild progress.
    Flex your epeen with your world/server firsts and full sets of purps.

Simple fact is that while some are storming through them while in a balanced, skilled guild/friend group, the vast majority is still struggling/clearing with difficulty using the RDF.
    They are not easy unless all 5 members are on the same page and doing what they should be (read:using abilities and following mechanics).
    Even then, I wouldn't say they are easy.

Quote Originally Posted by grimkiller View Post
    Well, since these threads are everywhere, I will comment.
    If heroics are too easy, go raid.
    Show us your guild progress.
    Flex your epeen with your world/server firsts and full sets of purps.

Simple fact is that while some are storming through them while in a balanced, skilled guild/friend group, the vast majority is still struggling/clearing with difficulty using the RDF.
    They are not easy unless all 5 members are on the same page and doing what they should be (read:using abilities and following mechanics).
    Even then, I wouldn't say they are easy.
    I agree. And look at ICC. people wiped and wiped on bosses, they were tough, but after people downed them once or twice everyone started calling the boss "lol<last half of boss name here>, when you do anything over and over with people who are in the same boat of course it will get easier.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

If heroics were tough when you outgeared them and ran with good guild groups, then they would be tuned too hard. The nice part about this post is that people who are struggling should realize that heroics are not tuned too hard. They are just about right. It's more about strategy, and getting the other party members to work with the mechanics.

They big difference (as others have said) is that mechanics in heroics can't really be ignored like they could in WotLK. At least.....not yet.

you are honestly complaining about a 5 man dungeon?

naga, plz.
    Secure accounts ftw!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    "KING VARIAN, DEATHWING HAS DESTROYED HALF OF STORMWIND, WHAT DO WE DO!?"

"Build a statue of your king."

Deleted
    When you have gear to do Raids,don't need anymore gear from heroics, know all the tactics well and the mobs who have to be killed 1st.. OFC you have to faceroll the instance. Thats the whole ideia behind gear progression, you become more powerfull and the fight we did last time will be easier. Lets hope the news hcs comming with 4.1 will not be faceroll with t11 because that don't make sense!

5-man dungeons are tuned properly. As players learn the pulls and encounters (and get better gear), it's going to go smoother. That's what happens when you get content on farm. If you want the challenge of learning a new fight, try raiding and see what you think. If that doesn't cut it for you, maybe you'd be more into Arenas and battlegrounds? What I'm into doing tends to change every week, so definitely try different things and see what works. If nothing else, try leveling and playing another class for awhile.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

OP is right, it's just like WotLK. I mean, any plate DPS can tank a heroic dungeon without trouble now. And boss fights are over in 15-30 seconds. A well geared tank or hunter can even solo a lot of the heroic dungeons.

No, wait. Actually none of that's true. Yet. It probably will be when we're running around in full heroic T14 gear, but not quite yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Thruma View Post
    But no, they are still no where close to being as much faceroll as the WotlK dungeons. You still can't ignore the boss mechanics and brute force win all fights like in WotlK.
    You can in BRC...besides the third boss, the others can be brute force killed, even with a group with t9-t10.

Wait a group of players who have played regularly together who have run the heroic dungeons and have gear that is appropriate for raid content are finding that heroics are getting easier? What a shocker. You're finding them easier because you've spent time running them, you're with a coordinated group of friends, and now that you're in 346 gear you've overgeared for heroics. I don't see why people are getting surprised that once they know the places and are overgeared the instance becomes easier.

Deleted
    Pugg and you will see the different

When we first entered heroics with five people at 329 average, we figured we'd try to just DoT/AoE everything to see which pack were actually hard and needed CC. Turned out none did. In some situations it's probably a time saver to CC in order to save healer mana though. Or WERE, before we were up to 345+ average and had infinite resources in heroics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    No, and unless you're doing Vortex Pinnacle on heroic constantly, I doubt you're chain pulling without CC.
    Any instance chain pulling without CC, I think you need to evaluate your tank or healer ; )

Another post with a "hidden" message......I love these...

Basically the REAL point of this person creating this thread is to state he and his budds are in ilvl 345+ gear now.

The rest is just a cover story --- because after all how arrogant would you sound if your SOLE statement to create a thread was to brag about your gear?

That said -- I do wonder .... ALOT.....about the common sense of many players these days.

Naturally content will get easier to you --- gearing up, leveling up, improving your character via better gems and enchants (and glyphs) is the main driving force behind not just WoW but the entire MMORPG model. If it wasn't for character progression and evolution --- what exactly is the point to playing such a game at all?

Conversely -- If such gearing, leveling, enchanting didn't make your character more powerful.....again...why bother doing it in the first place? What's the point?

So that all said and noted.....saying that 5 man content is "easy" with 345 gear...... is akin to saying its easier to bring down a grizzly bear with a bazooka than it is with a .38 special.

I mean use your brain for a second....
    Last edited by Morte; 2010-12-17 at 04:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The "chain pulling" part of the original post is a blatant lie. You can die from chain pulling in some normals even with 345 gear, heroics will rip you a new one if even try to do that.

If the damage won't kill you right away, you will oom at the speed of light and then everyone will die.

If you said full 359 I would have maybe believed you.
    Last edited by zealous; 2010-12-17 at 04:42 PM.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Deleted
    Man, Blizzard really fails. Me and my guild of cool guys in iLvl 330 gear ran a couple of ragefire chasms yesterday and seriously, we didn't even wipe once. It's not as easy as WotLK but yeah, we don't need CC and our tanks just runs in. We already have all the achivements and have cleared all the quests for it, it's sad that it's not challanging though. We even chain-pulled trash while fighting taragaman the hungerer. Come on blizzard, give us some challange!1!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morte View Post
    Another post with a "hidden" message......I love these...

Basically the REAL point of this person creating this thread is to state he and his budds are in ilvl 345+ gear now.

The rest is just a cover story --- because after all how arrogant would you sound if your SOLE statement to create a thread was to brag about your gear?

That said -- I do wonder .... ALOT.....about the common sense of many players these days.

Naturally content will get easier to you --- gearing up, leveling up, improving your character via better gems and enchants (and glyphs) is the main driving force behind not just WoW but the entire MMORPG model. If it wasn't for character progression and evolution --- what exactly is the point to playing such a game at all?

Conversely -- If such gearing, leveling, enchanting didn't make your character more powerful.....again...why bother doing it in the first place? What's the point?

So that all said and noted.....saying that 5 man content is "easy" with 345 gear...... is akin to saying its easier to bring down a grizzly bear with a bazooka than it is with a .38 special.

I mean use your brain for a second....
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.