Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    The druid trainer in SW is actually a refugee from gilneas, where she is also the druid trainer for low level worgen. I don't think she's been sent there by the cenarion circle.

It turns out that gilneas had an ancient order of human druids, and she's one of them.

FYI, the Druid trainer in Stormwind is the trainer for Worgen druids during the Gilneas level 1 to 10 event. So she's new to Worgenism but apparently has been using druidic magic to keep Gilneases crops growing since the wall went up. I was disappointed that she didn't go to Darnassus with the rest of 'us' (actually who am I kidding, I'm annoyed the Worgen all got relocated to another factions' starting city).

Anyway, she's got some small story line to go with her - but she probably had a much nicer home in Gilneas.

Edit: Doh, missed it by >this< much.

It's better that the druids of the alliance stay in Darnassus where the worgen and night elves have formed a bond. There are a lot of druids in the world and they don't prefer cities anyway (other than Teldrassil which is on a giant tree made by druids). If you notice, there are new special worgen trees throughout the game which is where worgen druids have established themselves. Night elf druids make their home in the wilds.

You say when you think of druids that you think of moonwells, houses in trees and such you are only thinking about night elf druids, who has a druid society built over 10,000 years. That would look very out of place in stormwind where it is a human city and while other races are free to stay, the majority is human. There are also worgen druids- who in the starting zone you can see Gilnean druids are more of the celtic kind- are just learning and taking refuge.

Also yes, some druids live in huts, not alliance ones of course but still. Also most druids prefer to be in the WILD, not a city, the wild. If you called the park a druid district- it really wasn't. There were still mostly humans there and the night elves just hanged out the moonwell- and there weren't that many and not all the night elves there were even druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckage View Post
    The druid trainer in SW is actually a refugee from gilneas, where she is also the druid trainer for low level worgen. I don't think she's been sent there by the cenarion circle.

It turns out that gilneas had an ancient order of human druids, and she's one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by msully View Post
    FYI, the Druid trainer in Stormwind is the trainer for Worgen druids during the Gilneas level 1 to 10 event. So she's new to Worgenism but apparently has been using druidic magic to keep Gilneases crops growing since the wall went up. I was disappointed that she didn't go to Darnassus with the rest of 'us' (actually who am I kidding, I'm annoyed the Worgen all got relocated to another factions' starting city).

Anyway, she's got some small story line to go with her - but she probably had a much nicer home in Gilneas.

Aahh, interesting!

See I rolled a Worgen warrior so I didn't notice that it was the same druid trainer.

Thanks for that info, it kinda makes a little more sense now.

Furthermore in being a worgen I would assume she would want to keep a low profile while in SW. I'm not sure if most humans find the idea of a worgen prowling the streets of stormwind as being a good idea.

Which explains the little hut outside the city walls.

Has no one else noticed that besides the deformed face, her voice sets don't match her looks? IE: Worgen when Human, Human when Worgen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DerSenf View Post
    As an long time alliance player, i fully agree. The "new" Stormwind looks unrealistic. Whenever i go from one quarter to another i feel like im in a whole different place. Not to mention the plastic lawn in the Mage Quarter...

In Ogrimmar, everything fits. It's pure perfection.
    the grass isnt plastic its made of netherglue

Hmmm... Are you saying that druids should get a quarter? Before they stood in the park, like homeless bum. At least they have home now. Humans cant be a druid, so I guess we are lucky to even see a druid trainer in Stormwind. Druid don't seem to need more than they need,. They seem like a very humble, and only using what they need to use. A small hut for a single person on a pond. It seems very humble and near to nature while lose enough to a city to be helpful.

Maybe your looking for a palace, or something more extravagant, this would be out of character of what the druids do... at least in my opinion.

Hut? Surely druids need little more than a cave and a flee colar.... Arent moonwells a Nighelf thing and a druid thing?

Quote Originally Posted by lizon View Post
    Furthermore in being a worgen I would assume she would want to keep a low profile while in SW. I'm not sure if most humans find the idea of a worgen prowling the streets of stormwind as being a good idea.

Which explains the little hut outside the city walls.
    I agree, which is also why I was surprised to see a Worgen auctioneer in the Dwarven district. Seems strange that the citizens of Stormwind would trust a Worgen with their money, aswell as their druid students.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    I agree, which is also why I was surprised to see a Worgen auctioneer in the Dwarven district. Seems strange that the citizens of Stormwind would trust a Worgen with their money, aswell as their druid students.
    A goblin shaman masquerading as a worgen druid in Stormwind AH? The ultimate con?

Quote Originally Posted by aphix23 View Post
    Maybe your looking for a palace, or something more extravagant, this would be out of character of what the druids do... at least in my opinion.
    In Stormwind Park they had a nice big moonwell with some druid-like lamps and decorations, and lots of trees and animals walking around. I'm not asking for the same, just think that a little hut doesn't seem to fit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Stormwind isn't an important city for druids... they just need one trainer there to help people that pass by. It's not like druids need to have a special level of significance above the other classes. The shaman trainers in Stormwind are two dwarves and a Draenei hanging out in a tavern. Shamans, Druids, Death Knights... they all lack real significance to the humans that live in Stormwind, so they don't have their own really special areas.

In contrast, mages and warlocks have their own district because magic plays a major role in their society.
    Priests and paladins have their own district because the entire religious and spiritual life of the humans is based around the Church of the Holy Light.

Does this mean that druids are unimportant? No, it doesn't. They have a key role to play within the Alliance, and they have their own areas dedicated to them in other cities. The Cenarion Enclave in Darnassus is their epicenter.
    It's the same with shamans. They aren't unimportant either, which is why they have a large section of the Exodar dedicated to them.

On the topic of why the trainer is a worgen... I believe it's because she is, technically, still a human living in a human city. Also, she lives close to the farms in Stormwind, which is where the worgen druids are most closely tied to. The worgen druids are, for the most part, more like pagan worshipers of the harvest and have their druidic powers tied to helping crops grow so people have food.

Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    During the shattering Deathwing devastated Stormwind Park, home of a beautiful moonwell and a couple of night elf druid trainers.

When the dust settled, King Varian realized that the capital city of the alliance now lacked druid representatives, and proceeded to request the Cenarion Circle for new trainers.

In response, the Cenarion Circle sent a single female Worgen(?) druid with a serious facial disability(?) who now has to live alone in a little hut(?) in the outskirts of the city. Ok so I know Moonglade is much more important to the Druids than Stormwind or any other city, but this representative and her living conditions are just plain embarassing.

First of all, it doesn't make any sense at all that Cenarion's representative in the Alliance's capital would be a Worgen. Not only are Worgen new in the Alliance, but they are also much less experienced with the druidic powers than Night Elves.

Ok her distorted face is a bug which will be fixed some day, so moving on...

She lives in a little hut? Really? How druidic is that? When I think of druids I think of moonwells, houses inside trees, houses above trees... Not a busted ol' shack by a lake! You are telling me that the person teaching me the deep healing powers of nature is a cursed old woman who is only a couple of cats away from being a crazy cat lady??
    remember that she was a human till a few months/years ago(by lore).So she's not really into pretzel-position sleeping

15+ Year Old Account
    What I find to be a little odd, however, is that the shaman trainers in Ironforge aren't Wildhammer Dwarves... they are Draenei... well... a Draenei and a Broken.

I would think they would put some Wildhammer representatives in the Hall of Mysteries.

---------- Post added 2010-12-17 at 04:43 PM ----------

Though I suppose that the Wildhammer Dwarves would prefer Stormwind to Ironforge simply because it's not underground...

Deleted
    Is it a pizza hut, at least?

Alright, alright, I'm on my way out... no, not the face...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodata View Post
    Is it a pizza hut, at least?

Alright, alright, I'm on my way out... no, not the face...
    She's a druid. She could totally make a wicked pizza, I bet.

Deleted
    My point exactly. That hut needs a cooking trainer ASAP.

The Gilnean Worgen are new to Druidism. Not Worgen. The original Worgen were druids of the fang who were night elves. I know this is not the case here because she turns into a human. Still just saying.

Point of fact, the druid trainers that were in the park are now next to the Darnassus dock in SW, presumably they are heading back cos Deathwing burnt their houses down.