Heroic BRC 3rd Boss: Karsh Steelbender - Tank Strat to lessen difficulty

I have seen alot of posts about this boss encounter in heroics and thought I would share an extremely easy way to do the fight. This fight is a tank check, everything lies in the tank doing their job correctly.

Let boss walk to far side of waterfall.

Pull boss through fire to get 1 stack of "buff", move him to the left side of lava falls. (If you use power auras, you can set up an aura to track this "buff", it makes it a ton easier Superheated Elementium Armor is the buff name)

When 5 seconds left on "buff" run through the lava falls to the other side , he walks through and stacks 1-2 more of "buff" but is out of lava falls.

Repeat and return to the left side, do this until ~ 10 stacks.

Let stacks drop and have DPS round up adds and kill them at stairs while you keep boss nearer to middle. ~ 44k HP and die pretty easily.

Move him back to left side and Repeat.

With 330 gear you will have to stack and kill adds 2 times if done correctly. With better gear once suffices.

This strat allows the buff to stack up slowly which gives a great deal of DPS time before you have to drop it. The lava puddles from the adds are a real pain so keeping them away from the boss is key. He should never leave the inner ring and the adds should be grabbed and killed outside of it.

You can give your healer time to catch up on AoE heals before you restart the buff stacking too. Use a CD anytime you near 50% health in the fight.

Hope this helps, I have taught my tanks to do it this way and its the easiest to manage with a newly geared heroic group.

10+ Year Old Account
    ya know, mmo-champion has a video about this fight. which actually they revamped and made a second/better strat. i tried what the suggested and 1 shotted it with a good healer

15+ Year Old Account
    In ym runs we have done the strat where you pull him in and out of the fire after 1-2 buffs before it runs out. We've never let the buffs drop off though as dealing with the adds is a far bigger headache than having to do some moderate aoe healing every 10 seconds.

easiest way to kill him is when the adds come have the ranged or even melee take them to the outside of the room and kill them there, that way you never have to worry about him walking through the pools.

When I did it we had 1 set of adds due to my lag I would get 1-2 stacks each fire and if they fell like I said due to lag I picked them up and allowed passive aoe to kill them

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Btw...make sure you clear out the non elite troggs near the entrance of the room. Makes it a little easier when you don't get extra adds.

The adds have 77k hp each and 5 spawn.
    They hit for 9k on Cloth so just 'rounding them up and killing them at the stairs' is harder than you think
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    yes I think its safe to say that brother is mad.

Let stacks get to 10 or 11 & fall off. Have a Leather, Mail or Plate DPS maintain aggro and kill to side. Let stacks get to 12 (BLOODLUS) let stacks get to 15. ACHIEVMENT

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricksterjim View Post
    Let stacks get to 10 or 11 & fall off. Have a Leather, Mail or Plate DPS maintain aggro and kill to side. Let stacks get to 12 (BLOODLUS) let stacks get to 15. ACHIEVMENT
    If you are letting the stacks get to 22 total you are either renewing them far too fast or your dps are far too awful to be in a heroic.

One stack at a time is extremely easy, finishing the fight without even one set of adds shouldn't pose a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    In ym runs we have done the strat where you pull him in and out of the fire after 1-2 buffs before it runs out. We've never let the buffs drop off though as dealing with the adds is a far bigger headache than having to do some moderate aoe healing every 10 seconds.
    This is our strat. His hitbox is absurdly small and a PITA as he's very squirrely and sometimes refuses to run through the fire (we try to drag him right across the edge of it to guarantee only 1 stack instead of 2-3). When he hits ~8 stacks blow hero and melt his face for wins

or when the adds spawns just use them to get stacks of molten quicksilver armor and it won't be an issue at all and my friends are almost allready killing this boss before he gets 10 stacks so this boss will become extremely easy as time gose by

P.S this boss is a buggy shit boss sens he has to stop moving when he melee hits wich means the stacks can fall of or he get 2-3 stacks and this needs to be fixed