Thread: Tol Barad

Deleted

Smile Tol Barad

I am here to speak to you about Tol Barad I have recently noticed that Tol Barad has been owned by the horde for along time now and it is starting too annoy me.

So anyway I join and I hear you are meant to capture 3 basses these include (Slagworks,Warden's Vigil,Ironclad Garrison not only is this very hard too capture and hold two area's but three is crazy I hope that blizzard take this into consideration on behalf of alot of angry wow players.

Here is a couple of idea's that I came up with (If you have two towers full captured you must hold them for ? minuites if you have one base you should have too hold it for longer, if you have three you win the round once they are all fully captured.)

Also how does the queing sytem work is it one horde goes in then one alliance goes in?

Well I hope you enjoyed and agree with my post thanks!

On my server horde has had TB since launch pretty much, with no more then 5 horde in it... really dumb system, wintergrasp was much better imo.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Mudkiper;9823554]On my server horde has had TB since launch pretty much, with no more then 5 horde in it... really dumb system, wintergrasp was much better imo.[/QUOT/

/nod

Deleted
    I just don't understand how this made it past the drawing board let alone alpha and beta, it's such an obviously flawed design that the person who came up with it should be taken outside and shot for his/her own good.

10+ Year Old Account
    the main issue i see is this

the low populaton now has the advantage

lets say there are few alliance and many horde.

the few alliance in wg had the main issue of being out numbered. however it was the same ppl and usually the pvpers who got themselves well geared and trained.
    the horde has the same number of geared/trained. but they also have the many many many of "other" who are lesser than the good horde.

when the alliance are in tol barad chances are its mostly the skilled/good alliance
    when the horde queues there is a limit now making it so the lesser take spots over the greater

now thats just with population balance

the next issue overall is the design

impossible to catch as an attacker

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm personally having a hard time believing it's really that hard. Mind you, the only time I did TB, was before it was finished (to be read as: operational) on the beta, however, from seeing my guildmates get the "win as attackers in less than 10minutes" achieve quite often, and just looking to see who owns TB, it seems balanced in our server. Feel free to call me a scrub and wag your finger at me, but I really do think its a case of l2p-together. Ah dunno, I guess I'll see when I hit 85.
    Last edited by Jeffyjimbob; 2010-12-18 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyjimbob View Post
    I'm personally having a hard time believing it's really that hard. Mind you, the only time I did TB, was before it was finished (to be read as: operational) on the beta, however, from seeing my guildmates get the "win as attackers in less than 10minutes" achieve quite often, and just looking to see who owns TB, it seems balanced in our server. Feel free to call me a scrub and wag your finger at me, but I really do think its a case of l2p-together. Ah dunno, I guess I'll see when I hit 85.

i got the "WIN as ATTACKERS in less than 10mins" whilst defending, and the fight had been goin on for a long time, i didnt get insta-que, was alowed to join later in the battle n got the acheiv some how :S

But also on our server horde own Tol'barad 90% of the time
    reading most of these posts, seems horde own most people's tol'barads on most servers? why? cant be a big coincidance can it?

Quote Originally Posted by DotDotDot View Post
    i got the "WIN as ATTACKERS in less than 10mins" whilst defending, and the fight had been goin on for a long time, i didnt get insta-que, was alowed to join later in the battle n got the acheiv some how :S

But also on our server horde own Tol'barad 90% of the time
    reading most of these posts, seems horde own most people's tol'barads on most servers? why? cant be a big coincidance can it?
    Because tol barad is such a terribly unbalanced design that on alot of servers the first faction to get tol barad has kept it controlled because defending is a joke. Horde has a higher population on most servers which means more horde than alliance hit 85 first which means horde had more people in tol barad first which means they won it first.

The basic design of the it just flawed. Since as soon you control two nodes the opposing faction can either turtle their last node and not get pushed off it or they can just zerg the other two nodes and decap/cap them. The only possible way I could an offense truely working was if you had enough coordination to camp them at the central spawn while 3 groups capped the nodes. But even then you'd get bogged down on their close GY zerg so that probably wouldn't even work.

As for my experience, it was Alliance controlled since launch but it had gone back and forth a few times at super low pop times in the mornings but since the last restart this week no Offense has been able to capture it. And every match has gone the way I described above. The Horde has just turtled one node then the people that die there just rush the other two nodes and it goes from a 2 - 1 to 1-2 cap advantage. And I understand it's "easy" to overcome but really if you have no healers you're going to fail (and lice don't pvp as healers).

alll realm firsts on my server were alliance, alliance out numbers horde by 2 to 1 i beleive, and all the raid guilds with progress are alliance. 3 light of dawn guilds in wrath, all alliance. also a ton of arena masters, battlemasters, people with the arena drakes for bein in top .5% are on alliance to.
    yes pvp is dif to pve before sum1 starts goin into that story, but you shud generally see the way this server is balanced.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wintergrapes, Tol Barad, whatever it is.. makes little difference on my server. Horde only had Wintergrasp late at night and when the server came up on Tuesdays. We just won Tol Barad for the first time since launch in the pre-dawn hours of this morning.

I gotta tell you thhough, there are few feelings more satisfying than being the faction on defense for once.

we've owned TB since release as far as i know (alliance) but unfortunately the most people ive seen on each team is 10
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

Quote Originally Posted by Destram View Post
    Because tol barad is such a terribly unbalanced design that on alot of servers the first faction to get tol barad has kept it controlled because defending is a joke. Horde has a higher population on most servers which means more horde than alliance hit 85 first which means horde had more people in tol barad first which means they won it first.
    Horde has a higher population on most servers?

Do you have something to link to show this? Or this is just how it feels to you?

Funny, I know some Horde players who could swear Alliance has a higher population on most servers.

But the fact remains that whoever gets control first has an advantage in defending it. I think we can all agree on that.

TB is great on my server, pretty well balanced. Wintergrasp was horrible until they finally fixed it for an even Queue system. Horde owned WG 99% of the time because they simply outnumbered us 10:1. WG is finally even, and so is TB.
    Ty blizz ty ty ty.
    Malorne <3

On Bleeding Hollow, alliance have owned Tol Barad since launch, with the exception of a few occasions when late night bg'ers from the horde took it over, and yet somehow lost it again. The issue is with the design of the map, not the skill of this or that faction involved.

Due to the fact that the attackers are required to completely cap and own all three objectives to win, and the poorly placed defensive graveyard in the center of the map, all we have to do to defend successfully is die off at an objective that is under siege by the attackers, resurrect in the middle en masse, and charge defiantly towards another, less occupied node.

I personally believe the map would be a lot more balanced if they removed the center respawn point and forced defenders at any given objective to resurrect inside or near the objective they died at. Just my two cents.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destram View Post
    Horde has a higher population on most PvP servers.
    Alliance has a higher population on most PvE servers.

I play on a PvE server, and I can tell you quite personally that the Horde is pretty noticeably outnumbered on my realm. I can also tell you that the Alliance has held Tol Barad from launch until the early hours of this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by OrlyAurora View Post
    TB is great on my server, pretty well balanced. Wintergrasp was horrible until they finally fixed it for an even Queue system. Horde owned WG 99% of the time because they simply outnumbered us 10:1. WG is finally even, and so is TB.
    Ty blizz ty ty ty.
    Malorne <3
    I'm inclined to believe your faction has won TB once and has not lost it since, because BY DESIGN it is in no way even remotely balanced.

You can win during the night. Sacrifice your sleep for your faction!

it's completely broken.

Attacking team has to capture all three bases before the time runs out....so whats stoping the entire defense team from turtling just one base?

It's ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaxis View Post
    Horde has a higher population on most PvP servers.
    I'm inclined to believe your faction has won TB once and has not lost it since, because BY DESIGN it is in no way even remotely balanced.
    On the other hand, getting pushed back all the way to your own spawn graveyard and getting farmed there for 2 years in WG isn't balanced either.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

I'm having this weird issue were a friend and I will queue for Tol Barad, except I will queue 20 mins before and he will queue 2 mins before. But somehow, he gets chosen for the fight while I just spend the rest of the time hoping that I get inside :-/